The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(13-02-2016 01:26 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I start getting ready to put my house up for sale today. Clean the garage today, start sorting through stuff tomorrow. This was the first place I ever bought by myself, without help. I was so proud of myself for accomplishing this on my own. I've had it three years. It's a nice place, just 14yrs old with a new roof. The market here is fair so I should be able to come out a little bit ahead, not much though. I've got enough to last me 2 more months so I hope I can sell it within that time frame.

My ex has agreed to home my dogs for awhile until I can find a place that will take pets. I'm having a garage sale next week and maybe an estate sale next month if my craigslist stuff does not sell. I have no interest in storing stuff.

I've been out of work for 8 months now and no job in sight. I have applied for not less than 400 jobs, interviewed at least 80+ times. The average applicants in our area for office work is 120 and sometimes more than 200. Several times I've gotten down to the last 2 or 3 and had repeat interviews but can't seal the deal. Age matters, people. When you're less that 10yrs from standard retirement at 66, you are not an asset anymore, at least no longer a prime candidate.
I'm sorry that it's so hard to convince potential employers of your pure awesomeness.

*huuuuuuugs*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
13-02-2016, 01:44 PM
(13-02-2016 01:26 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I start getting ready to put my house up for sale today. Clean the garage today, start sorting through stuff tomorrow. This was the first place I ever bought by myself, without help. I was so proud of myself for accomplishing this on my own. I've had it three years. It's a nice place, just 14yrs old with a new roof. The market here is fair so I should be able to come out a little bit ahead, not much though. I've got enough to last me 2 more months so I hope I can sell it within that time frame.

My ex has agreed to home my dogs for awhile until I can find a place that will take pets. I'm having a garage sale next week and maybe an estate sale next month if my craigslist stuff does not sell. I have no interest in storing stuff.

I've been out of work for 8 months now and no job in sight. I have applied for not less than 400 jobs, interviewed at least 80+ times. The average applicants in our area for office work is 120 and sometimes more than 200. Several times I've gotten down to the last 2 or 3 and had repeat interviews but can't seal the deal. Age matters, people. When you're less that 10yrs from standard retirement at 66, you are not an asset anymore, at least no longer a prime candidate.

That stinks...it is hard finding a job...age is definitely a factor though it isn't supposed to be. I get that plus a layer of discrimination for having had cancer. Businesses worry about what it will do to their insurance and also worry that I will get sick again. It's very frustrating. Experience and stability don't count for much. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-02-2016, 02:27 PM
(13-02-2016 12:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:  For some reason I cannot stop thinking about my best friend who killed himself July 17th last year. I quite literally cannot get him out of my mind and its driving me nuts. Such a good person, could I have done more to help ? Why diddnt he ask me to help him ? Is it my fault, should I have known /been more proactive ? I've been like this for two days now its a major headfuck Sadcryface

Hug There was nothing more you could have done, if there was, you would have done it. I can tell that's the case because you are a very caring person. How many times have you checked in with me--asking if I was okay with my ex bf situation? And we don't even know each other irl. I can only imagine what kind of friend you are to people in person. No more head fucks. Put that away. Your friend would not want you beating yourself up like this.
13-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Thank you one and all sorry for being such a wimp, deffo not very British Smile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-02-2016, 03:14 PM
(13-02-2016 03:12 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Thank you one and all sorry for being such a wimp, deffo not very British Smile

Yes how very odd of.you to have feelings. Silly Brit.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
13-02-2016, 03:30 PM

Hug
18-02-2016, 09:15 AM
It seems to be one emotional rollercoaster after another at the moment. I visited my dad in the nursing home today and his dementia is much worse and for the first time he didn't recognise my mum and I . I cannot begin to tell you just how crushed im feeling,I've got my mum in floods of tears and she has early dementia too and its so hard having both parents affected with the same condition. I have to keep strong for her but I'm feeling so lost and overwhelmed I wonder how I'm going to cope everything seems so big and scarySad I'm sorry to be such a lame ass I just needed to vent.
18-02-2016, 10:04 AM
(18-02-2016 09:15 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It seems to be one emotional rollercoaster after another at the moment. I visited my dad in the nursing home today and his dementia is much worse and for the first time he didn't recognise my mum and I . I cannot begin to tell you just how crushed im feeling,I've got my mum in floods of tears and she has early dementia too and its so hard having both parents affected with the same condition. I have to keep strong for her but I'm feeling so lost and overwhelmed I wonder how I'm going to cope everything seems so big and scarySad I'm sorry to be such a lame ass I just needed to vent.

Dementia is such a harsh thing to live.with. my stepmom's dad is disappearing in those.fogs.too.

*Huuuuugs*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
18-02-2016, 10:19 AM
(18-02-2016 10:04 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 09:15 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It seems to be one emotional rollercoaster after another at the moment. I visited my dad in the nursing home today and his dementia is much worse and for the first time he didn't recognise my mum and I . I cannot begin to tell you just how crushed im feeling,I've got my mum in floods of tears and she has early dementia too and its so hard having both parents affected with the same condition. I have to keep strong for her but I'm feeling so lost and overwhelmed I wonder how I'm going to cope everything seems so big and scarySad I'm sorry to be such a lame ass I just needed to vent.

Dementia is such a harsh thing to live.with. my stepmom's dad is disappearing in those.fogs.too.

*Huuuuugs*

Thanks Nishi you are such a caring person and I always value your support "bro hug"
18-02-2016, 11:14 AM

You are not lame, you are human. Caring is what makes people kind and lovable. They are lucky to have you. Wish we could help you in some way. I'm afraid being here to listen and offer virtual hugs will have to do.

Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]