The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2016, 11:18 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(18-02-2016 11:14 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 09:15 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It seems to be one emotional rollercoaster after another at the moment. I visited my dad in the nursing home today and his dementia is much worse and for the first time he didn't recognise my mum and I . I cannot begin to tell you just how crushed im feeling,I've got my mum in floods of tears and she has early dementia too and its so hard having both parents affected with the same condition. I have to keep strong for her but I'm feeling so lost and overwhelmed I wonder how I'm going to cope everything seems so big and scarySad I'm sorry to be such a lame ass I just needed to vent.

You are not lame, you are human. Caring is what makes people kind and lovable. They are lucky to have you. Wish we could help you in some way. I'm afraid being here to listen and offer virtual hugs will have to do.

Hug

Thank you so much I kinda needed to vent and feel better for it virtual hugs are more than fine Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
18-02-2016, 12:35 PM
(18-02-2016 09:15 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It seems to be one emotional rollercoaster after another at the moment. I visited my dad in the nursing home today and his dementia is much worse and for the first time he didn't recognise my mum and I . I cannot begin to tell you just how crushed im feeling,I've got my mum in floods of tears and she has early dementia too and its so hard having both parents affected with the same condition. I have to keep strong for her but I'm feeling so lost and overwhelmed I wonder how I'm going to cope everything seems so big and scarySad I'm sorry to be such a lame ass I just needed to vent.

Hug

Glen Campbell "I'm Not Gonna Miss You"

He wrote this song as his Alzheimer's disease was progressing. Sadcryface

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
18-02-2016, 12:56 PM
The month of February gets me down in the dump every year. Not sure why, but I really wish that I had the option of just hibernating the month away.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
18-02-2016, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2016 02:49 PM by adey67.)
(18-02-2016 12:35 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

Hug

Glen Campbell "I'm Not Gonna Miss You"

He wrote this song as his Alzheimer's disease was progressing. Sadcryface

SadcryfaceBowing A beautiful song and that's from someone who is not a country and western fan Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
18-02-2016, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2016 03:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-02-2016 12:56 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  The month of February gets me down in the dump every year. Not sure why, but I really wish that I had the option of just hibernating the month away.

I call it funk month. It's just hardening me to take on April, the cruelest month.

.... Oh and my 72 yo fixed income Social Security and Medicare Mom had to take legal guardianship of my nephew from my brother's ex-wife/widow. Bro's ex-wife went from carrying Louis Vitton purses to living in a Super 8 unable to support her own children. Makes me sad. Everything is just so tenuous, spider webs holding everything together. God should've use duct tape. Double doses of meds today.

And fuck February. .... April too.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-02-2016, 03:31 PM
I've been selling off my stuff today. Not handling it well. Sad

Still job hunting but have to prepare for the worst just in case. Putting more ads up tomorrow. Sadcryface

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
18-02-2016, 03:34 PM
(18-02-2016 03:31 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I've been selling off my stuff today. Not handling it well. Sad

Still job hunting but have to prepare for the worst just in case. Putting more ads up tomorrow. Sadcryface

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-02-2016, 02:05 PM

Hug I went through this with my mother too, if you want to PM me, let me know how you are feeling-I understand.Heart
[+] 2 users Like carol's post
19-02-2016, 02:51 PM
(18-02-2016 03:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 12:56 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  The month of February gets me down in the dump every year. Not sure why, but I really wish that I had the option of just hibernating the month away.

I call it funk month. It's just hardening me to take on April, the cruelest month.

.... Oh and my 72 yo fixed income Social Security and Medicare Mom had to take legal guardianship of my nephew from my brother's ex-wife/widow. Bro's ex-wife went from carrying Louis Vitton purses to living in a Super 8 unable to support her own children. Makes me sad. Everything is just so tenuous, spider webs holding everything together. God should've use duct tape. Double doses of meds today.

And fuck February. .... April too.

Hug Hug
19-02-2016, 05:17 PM
(03-06-2015 11:39 PM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  I miss my father. He was bipolar and an alcoholic and hadn't really been in my life since I was ten (In my twenties now). But I still miss him, the way he used to be before he got back on alcohol, he was clean for the first ten years of my childhood. After that my mother broke up with him and I rarely saw him because he was in and out of jails/rehabs. But he was still my father and it hurts knowing I'll never see him again. I have two younger sisters who taunt me about missing him. They say "awww you miss your daddy don't you?". He was their father too. I understand they weren't as close to him, but do they have to mock such a normal human emotion as grief? That my own family can be so callous to me hurts deeply and the fact that my ar is gone and I'm the only one that seems to care, makes me cry. And that I feel like my sisters aren't capable of empathizing with anyone, even me their own flesh and blood.
Jerseygirlar, I'm both alcoholic and ? bipolar and have two sons in their twenties its incredibly hard to stay sober and the fallout can be hard for families to deal with as you point out. I have been lucky with my sons as they accept me for who I am and appreciate the effort I go to to stay sober and mentally fit, it doesn't always work but for the most part it does, sounds to me like you were one hell of a daughter and although your sisters are being beastly now its quite possible they just have not dealt with your dads death, try to suspend judgment on them as I suspect that in the future they are going to need you, alcoholics can be a pain in the ass and hugely disappointing try not to be too angry with them.