The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
I have on thing to say on it adey. When you are ready to quit, you'll do it. No program, or pressure from loved ones, or even inpatient treatment will work if you are not ready. By the same token if you make up your mind to not drink any more, it does not take any of that other stuff. They can help you, sure. But none of them will stop you from picking up a bottle at the store and polishing it off in a sitting. That's always going to be on you.
Binge drinking was my deal. I had sober days, but it was only a matter of time. I'd start drinking and could not seem to stop. One day about 25 years ago I looked in the mirror in the morning, not all that hung over, and said "enough".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Yes they are confidential but if I have to go for treatment regarding this that's gonna be harder to keep quiet even if I lie my ass off mum will deffo pick up that something is not right
18-03-2016, 08:31 AM
(18-03-2016 08:28 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yes they are confidential but if I have to go for treatment regarding this that's gonna be harder to keep quiet even if I lie my ass off mum will deffo pick up that something is not right

But wouldn't your mom be happy that you are getting help? Maybe talk to her about it in that light.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
18-03-2016, 08:34 AM
Yes that might work I just hate myself because all I seem to do is hurt the people I care about the most but yes I guess I will have to talk to her about it just not looking forward to the conversation
18-03-2016, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 08:54 AM by carol.)
(18-03-2016 08:18 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm in trouble, I have to be honest and say I have been bingeing on alcohol on and off for the last three years up to now I have managed to keep it a secret but my psychiatrist picked up on it when I saw him last week even though I was sober at the time, he has obviously voiced this to my family doctor who now wants to see me.
I know exactly what he's going to do he's going to take blood for liver function tests and gamma gt both of which I'm certain are going to be wildly abnormal and if my family gets wind of this I'm out on the streets, which is a terrifying prospect. I'm currently sober its not the stopping drinking that's hard its staying stopped AA doesn't help all in all its a real mess but its good to vent, thanks for listening folks Smile

It is good that it came out in the open...you were drinking anyway, and hiding it did not change anything- you were still hurting yourself,( if you are alcoholic or have issues which would cause you to need to avoid alcohol.) If the tests are wildly abnormal, then you needed intervention about it. At least now it is out in the open. As for your family, is it possible they suspected it anyway? if you have a history of alcoholism, then people expect that you will fall off the wagon on occasion, and then have to get back at it again, don't they? All that you can do now is try, try again, and over time they will forgive and trust you again. You fall down, and then get back up. If you already know that you have a problem with alcohol, and your family already knows it also, they have seen many other people go through the same thing you are. Just face up to the truth, and try again. Hug Every day forward without drinking is one more day that you can make better for yourself and your family. When you mess up, get up and try again.
18-03-2016, 08:42 AM
(18-03-2016 08:28 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yes they are confidential but if I have to go for treatment regarding this that's gonna be harder to keep quiet even if I lie my ass off mum will deffo pick up that something is not right

I'm with Skyking on this one. You will never give up unless you REALLY want to.

All the luck you need.Thumbsup

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
18-03-2016, 08:55 AM
(18-03-2016 08:34 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yes that might work I just hate myself because all I seem to do is hurt the people I care about the most but yes I guess I will have to talk to her about it just not looking forward to the conversation

You are struggling with an addiction and a disease, unfortunately, sometimes that results in hurting the people you love. You can't go back in life--only forward. You need to put that behind you and focus on today--focus on living the life you truly want today.

I love this quote by Rumi:

"It's good to leave each day behind, like flowing water, free of sadness. Yesterday is gone and its tale is told. Today, new seeds are growing."

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
18-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Is this a think where you could say you're going to help get over your divorce, because it has been hard on you. It's not all untrue.

*Big bro-hug.*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
18-03-2016, 09:57 AM
(18-03-2016 09:40 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
Is this a think where you could say you're going to help get over your divorce, because it has been hard on you. It's not all untrue.

*Big bro-hug.*

Thanks Nishi that is certainly true and also the death of my best friend by suicide, divorce costs I cannot afford and discovering I owe thousands in child support that the agency diddnt tell me about until two weeks ago, not really an excuse but it makes it harder to stay sober.
18-03-2016, 09:59 AM
(18-03-2016 09:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 09:40 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Is this a think where you could say you're going to help get over your divorce, because it has been hard on you. It's not all untrue.

*Big bro-hug.*

Thanks Nishi that is certainly true and also the death of my best friend by suicide, divorce costs I cannot afford and discovering I owe thousands in child support that the agency diddnt tell me about until two weeks ago, not really an excuse but it makes it harder to stay sober.

Just keep fighting mate. You only loose when you give up.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post