The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(18-03-2016 09:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 09:40 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Is this a think where you could say you're going to help get over your divorce, because it has been hard on you. It's not all untrue.

*Big bro-hug.*

Thanks Nishi that is certainly true and also the death of my best friend by suicide, divorce costs I cannot afford and discovering I owe thousands in child support that the agency diddnt tell me about until two weeks ago, not really an excuse but it makes it harder to stay sober.
Hug

Step forward one day at a time, do your best, pay off a little bit at a time, and you will get it settled eventually...I know it is hard. But I think you can do it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2016, 04:49 PM
[Image: 8g1xYQY.jpg]

I post this pic the other day in "photography" with the story about the little Pine Siskin that had nested on my porch wreath.

Mother Nature is sometimes a cruel mistress. When I went out this morning a cat that I have never seen before was in the yard of the neighbors to the north. It ran off but as I left for work I worried about the nest. I was right to be concerned. When I came home tonight the nest had been ripped from the wreath and was laying on the porch with broken bits of blue shells scattered around it. Sadcryface2

There was nothing I could do this morning to protect it. It was only 40 inches from the ground and I could not move it to a safe place. I needed to share. I hope she finds a better nesting site for the next brood. Poor tiny momma.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
18-03-2016, 08:01 PM
(18-03-2016 08:18 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm in trouble, I have to be honest and say I have been bingeing on alcohol on and off for the last three years up to now I have managed to keep it a secret but my psychiatrist picked up on it when I saw him last week even though I was sober at the time, he has obviously voiced this to my family doctor who now wants to see me.
I know exactly what he's going to do he's going to take blood for liver function tests and gamma gt both of which I'm certain are going to be wildly abnormal and if my family gets wind of this I'm out on the streets, which is a terrifying prospect. I'm currently sober its not the stopping drinking that's hard its staying stopped AA doesn't help all in all its a real mess but its good to vent, thanks for listening folks Smile

There are alternatives to AA, e.g. Rational Recovery.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
19-03-2016, 10:01 PM
We are making a mad dash to a distant auto parts store tonight when I noticed I had a new text from a friend. Being a dutiful driver I ask my wife to read it. It was not from Terry, but it was from his phone. His wife texted us to say he was gone Sad
He had a heart attack on the 5th, and I heard about it and told him to get better. He was already home and things had seemingly gone well. He was in the cath lab within 25 minutes of the initial call and seemed to be doing well. We talked about camping this summer, he wanted to attend some of our group events.
He and I worked together for 10 years, taking care of the telecom and computer needs of a nursing home. I set them up from scratch and installed all the gear, but he was the maintenance manager there and my "go to" guy to keep the lid on. I live 160 miles away and It might take a while to get there. He did not know much to start, but he did more and more for me and I could count on him. He had that cheerful, irreverent, sarcastic demeanor that made the day short. Damn I will miss him.
19-03-2016, 10:25 PM
(19-03-2016 10:01 PM)skyking Wrote:  We are making a mad dash to a distant auto parts store tonight when I noticed I had a new text from a friend. Being a dutiful driver I ask my wife to read it. It was not from Terry, but it was from his phone. His wife texted us to say he was gone Sad
He had a heart attack on the 5th, and I heard about it and told him to get better. He was already home and things had seemingly gone well. He was in the cath lab within 25 minutes of the initial call and seemed to be doing well. We talked about camping this summer, he wanted to attend some of our group events.
He and I worked together for 10 years, taking care of the telecom and computer needs of a nursing home. I set them up from scratch and installed all the gear, but he was the maintenance manager there and my "go to" guy to keep the lid on. I live 160 miles away and It might take a while to get there. He did not know much to start, but he did more and more for me and I could count on him. He had that cheerful, irreverent, sarcastic demeanor that made the day short. Damn I will miss him.

Undecided Sorry. He sounds like a great guy.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-03-2016, 10:27 PM
(19-03-2016 10:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 10:01 PM)skyking Wrote:  We are making a mad dash to a distant auto parts store tonight when I noticed I had a new text from a friend. Being a dutiful driver I ask my wife to read it. It was not from Terry, but it was from his phone. His wife texted us to say he was gone Sad

Undecided Sorry. He sounds like a great guy.

Sorry for your loss, SK Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Thank you guys. he was 51, and his brother died at a similar age not long ago. Bad family history. I thought he was going to be OK since he works minutes from the hospital and he was treated quickly, and the prognosis was supposedly good.
19-03-2016, 11:31 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

*HUG*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
20-03-2016, 12:02 AM
I am terribly sorry for the loss of your friend.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-03-2016, 05:05 AM
Losing a good friend utterly sucks my sympathiesHug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post