The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 04:38 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(17-07-2015 05:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Got home from work...hoped for rest since I didn't sleep much last night.

Phone rang - son's girlfriend had arrived home from work to find her cat in bad shape. Asked if I could come over. I grabbed my shoes and a crate and headed that way. When I walked in I could see that things were grim...really grim.

Called my vet clinic. No resistance from the cat when putting her in the crate. She was bleeding from her mouth, panting, making awful sounds, but had no fight in her at all.

We don't know what happened...a seizure probably, she bit her tongue. Was brain dead...they put her down. Two and half years old. Less than an hour from call to end. How do you help a six year old understand?

UGH - FUCK! So sudden...such a loving cat. Maybe it was a random seizure, maybe she got into something she shouldn't have...we will never know.

Just sad...hate to lose a pet and hate when someone else does.

Sad

((Anj))
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2015, 05:12 PM
(22-07-2015 12:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sadcryface
So apparently my friend has a networking event tonight. So we won't be going out as planned.Dodgy Instead, Mom's going to take me to the movies. Yaaaay. And then we'll get to talk once again about how I'd have friends if I found a "church home." And how God has a plan. And how I need to find a good Christian man who loves The Lord most and me second. If I'm not careful I'll out myself tonight. I'm of half a mind to do so just to get her off my case (she's already upset that's son doesn't want to pray at the dinner table or go to church - small victory for me). And then I will have successfully alienated most everyone.

I wouldn't go to mom's tonight, but it sure as hell beats the alternative of sitting home alone.

If you come out tonight, my guess is that Hell or high water, you'll feel a lighter load tomorrow. Be brave, young lady. You only live once.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-08-2015, 09:21 AM
(22-07-2015 01:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  One of my good friends has a roommate. Sherrif came to their door and said he died.

She doesn't know how to tell her son (he's 5).

A few weeks ago, when my father was killed in an accident, my nephew who is 6 didn't really understand. As I was driving him up to the hospital to see his mom (who was also in the crash) I had to find the words to explain to him why his grandpa wasn't coming home. Losing my father was sudden and difficult, but having to help a 6 year old come to the realization that he is gone forever nearly broke me.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
07-08-2015, 09:27 AM
(07-08-2015 09:21 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 01:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  One of my good friends has a roommate. Sherrif came to their door and said he died.

She doesn't know how to tell her son (he's 5).

A few weeks ago, when my father was killed in an accident, my nephew who is 6 didn't really understand. As I was driving him up to the hospital to see his mom (who was also in the crash) I had to find the words to explain to him why his grandpa wasn't coming home. Losing my father was sudden and difficult, but having to help a 6 year old come to the realization that he is gone forever nearly broke me.

Hug
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-08-2015, 10:34 AM
My sympathies, Not.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-08-2015, 10:36 AM
(07-08-2015 10:34 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  My sympathies, Not.

? Consider
07-08-2015, 10:44 AM

WTF?

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
07-08-2015, 10:46 AM
(07-08-2015 10:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

WTF?

If I can hazard a guess, he's playing on itsNOTmeitsyou, and it just didn't come across well.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
07-08-2015, 10:47 AM
(07-08-2015 10:46 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 10:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  WTF?

If I can hazard a guess, he's playing on itsNOTmeitsyou, and it just didn't come across well.

Thump is a good guy--I'm sure that is what he meant.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-08-2015, 10:48 AM
(07-08-2015 10:46 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 10:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  WTF?

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks. People usually shorten my username to itsnot or notme.

[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post