The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2016, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 11:04 AM by skyking.)
RE: The Official Crying Thread
Thank you friends. I think I will offer to help with a memorial get together if she wants to have one. Good idea?
I got an update on what happened. They went to bed and when she woke up he was cold. Just breaks my heart for her.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, skyking - 51 is just, way too young to go. Sad Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
20-03-2016, 11:54 AM
(20-03-2016 08:17 AM)skyking Wrote:  Thank you friends. I think I will offer to help with a memorial get together if she wants to have one. Good idea?
I got an update on what happened. They went to bed and when she woke up he was cold. Just breaks my heart for her.

Horrid for those who are left behind but if I had to go that's how I would like it to be. A memorial might be good but I would leave it til a while after the funeral death can be pretty overwhelming for the relative's left behind, best they concentrate on the funeral and dealing with the loss for awhile.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
20-03-2016, 12:52 PM
These days there might not be a funeral. costly and if you are getting cremated not necessary. I hope for her that was his choice. She will tell me more Monday. on another note, one of my friend's mom passed on this weekend too. Just found out on facebook.
They are woo-ers but the sweetest folks. I was there when his dad passed. I will contact them as well.
20-03-2016, 01:24 PM
(19-03-2016 10:01 PM)skyking Wrote:  We are making a mad dash to a distant auto parts store tonight when I noticed I had a new text from a friend. Being a dutiful driver I ask my wife to read it. It was not from Terry, but it was from his phone. His wife texted us to say he was gone Sad
He had a heart attack on the 5th, and I heard about it and told him to get better. He was already home and things had seemingly gone well. He was in the cath lab within 25 minutes of the initial call and seemed to be doing well. We talked about camping this summer, he wanted to attend some of our group events.
He and I worked together for 10 years, taking care of the telecom and computer needs of a nursing home. I set them up from scratch and installed all the gear, but he was the maintenance manager there and my "go to" guy to keep the lid on. I live 160 miles away and It might take a while to get there. He did not know much to start, but he did more and more for me and I could count on him. He had that cheerful, irreverent, sarcastic demeanor that made the day short. Damn I will miss him.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
20-03-2016, 02:57 PM
(20-03-2016 12:52 PM)skyking Wrote:  These days there might not be a funeral. costly and if you are getting cremated not necessary. I hope for her that was his choice. She will tell me more Monday. on another note, one of my friend's mom passed on this weekend too. Just found out on facebook.
They are woo-ers but the sweetest folks. I was there when his dad passed. I will contact them as well.

Aww shit man I'm really sorry a double whammySad
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. Or, would have been. Sad He'd be turning 59 this year. God that is just way too young for him to have gone. Sadcryface The day isn't even here yet and it's already getting to me.

I'm gonna go "visit him" at the cemetery tomorrow and do silly sentimental things like bring him a Dr. Pepper and maybe a pack of cigarettes and a letter. I feel silly for wanting to bring him gifts but I also don't care if it's silly because it's something I really want to do for some reason. It's silly because he's not truly there anymore - not the way I knew him - but at the same time, everything he ever was is in that box. It's all I have left. Undecided

21-03-2016, 11:42 AM
(21-03-2016 11:33 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. Or, would have been. Sad He'd be turning 59 this year. God that is just way too young for him to have gone. Sadcryface The day isn't even here yet and it's already getting to me.

I'm gonna go "visit him" at the cemetery tomorrow and do silly sentimental things like bring him a Dr. Pepper and maybe a pack of cigarettes and a letter. I feel silly for wanting to bring him gifts but I also don't care if it's silly because it's something I really want to do for some reason. It's silly because he's not truly there anymore - not the way I knew him - but at the same time, everything he ever was is in that box. It's all I have left. Undecided

Whatever you need to do isn't silly. It's working your way through the grief. Hugs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-03-2016, 11:50 AM
(21-03-2016 11:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 11:33 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. Or, would have been. Sad He'd be turning 59 this year. God that is just way too young for him to have gone. Sadcryface The day isn't even here yet and it's already getting to me.

Whatever you need to do isn't silly. It's working your way through the grief. Hugs.

Thanks, Anj. Hug

21-03-2016, 11:52 AM

You're not silly you're human Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post