The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(21-03-2016 11:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 11:33 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. Or, would have been. Sad He'd be turning 59 this year. God that is just way too young for him to have gone. Sadcryface The day isn't even here yet and it's already getting to me.

I'm gonna go "visit him" at the cemetery tomorrow and do silly sentimental things like bring him a Dr. Pepper and maybe a pack of cigarettes and a letter. I feel silly for wanting to bring him gifts but I also don't care if it's silly because it's something I really want to do for some reason. It's silly because he's not truly there anymore - not the way I knew him - but at the same time, everything he ever was is in that box. It's all I have left. Undecided

You're not silly you're human Hug

Thanks. Smile Blush

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2016, 01:55 PM
(21-03-2016 11:33 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  ...It's silly because he's not truly there anymore - not the way I knew him - but at the same time, everything he ever was is in that box. It's all I have left. Undecided

It's not silly to do what you need to do. Every year, Jigsaw and I have Budweiser in honor of our father. Our father doesn't know, as he's dead. And Budweiser is one of the shittiest beers in existence. It's what we do. We don't need to understand why you do it, only that it makes you feel better.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
21-03-2016, 04:11 PM
(21-03-2016 11:33 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. Or, would have been. Sad He'd be turning 59 this year. God that is just way too young for him to have gone. Sadcryface The day isn't even here yet and it's already getting to me.

I'm gonna go "visit him" at the cemetery tomorrow and do silly sentimental things like bring him a Dr. Pepper and maybe a pack of cigarettes and a letter. I feel silly for wanting to bring him gifts but I also don't care if it's silly because it's something I really want to do for some reason. It's silly because he's not truly there anymore - not the way I knew him - but at the same time, everything he ever was is in that box. It's all I have left. Undecided

So sorry to learn this. I do understand as I lost my mother to MS. 21 years ago now. Amazing where the time went.

You have my support and care.

Dale.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
21-03-2016, 05:24 PM

Hug It's never silly to want to remember somebody you loved and who loved you. My dad died young as well. It's really not easy dealing with, but I think remembering them helps. I usually play a song every year on my dad's birthday, a song that he named me after. My friend who also lost his dad very young, toasts his dad every year with his dad's favorite cognac.

Just do your best to breathe and take it slow tomorrow and lean on those who love you.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Thanks, everybody. Shy I hope it'll be okay to leave a pack of cigarettes and an unopened bottle of soda at the graveyard. (In other words I hope that isn't something you aren't supposed to do - people leave flowers, but leaving food and drugs, well... Tongue) Smile I don't drink sodas anymore and I don't smoke, but it's one of those things that he would sometimes ask me to pick up for him if I was going to the convenience store for candy bars or ice cream or whatever. Blush

ETA: I really wouldn't even mind if someone came along and took the soda and cigs for themselves - my dad was always a generous person. Yes So long as nobody takes the letter I'm going to leave! Hobo

Heh, watch it be some kid come along and get the cigarettes. Facepalm

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
21-03-2016, 08:35 PM
EA, here's a hug from me on your dad's birthday.
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
22-03-2016, 01:04 AM
Something that happened to me last May. Reposted from FB.

"Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most.....human."

- James T. Kirk

This evening I lost my best friend and personal companion of nine years, a German Shepherd Dog named Kahuna. His soul is liberated now, free of suffering and pain; a spirit of light, of life returning home from a long journey to his youth and rest. I was there to hold him one last time as we said our goodbyes and he made his flight into eternity.

For those of us who knew him, Kahuna was the most amazing, laid back, intelligent, affectionate and caring dog you could imagine. From the instant you saw his beautiful black and gold coat and those big, brown eyes, you knew he was special. He slept at the foot of my bed like a big teddy bear and never left my side, even in my darkest hours. At 105lbs, he look intimidating but was a gentle giant, much loved by the neighborhood kids, always more than happy to let a toddler give him a big bear hug or play fetch with a tennis ball. He was sensitive and affectionate. Like most Shepherds he was athletic and a natural leader. He loved his family and wanted nothing more than to please the humans in his pack. He was a gear head - the Bob Lutz of dogs - and always loved automobiles and riding in them. He loved to swim and had a pension for squeaky toys and stuffed animals. He was a smartass and enjoyed playing head games with humans. He was loyal to a fault and fearsomely protective of his house and family, much to the chagrin of the UPS driver or the pizza guy. He liked to hunt and dig, looking for mice and squirrels. He had more integrity and honor than most of the humans I know. He was someone you could totally trust with your deepest secrets and loved you selflessly and unconditionally. He would wait up for you at night when you came home from a bad date or trouble at the office, greet you with a lolling tongue smile that made every other problem melt away. He never lost his zest and enthusiasm for life, for living for every moment, for not being stopped by petty obstacles or problems. He knew the real value of a day and of those who he spent that day with. He was a bright star in an often very dark world and illuminated us all. He taught me a lot of things about how to be a friend.

He was my friend.

And though my soul is crushed with grief in the wake of his death, I know as well that my life was made infinitely richer and more vibrant by the role he played in it and the lives of others and we, in turn, gave him one of the finest, richest, and most fulfilling lives a dog could ever wish for.

Rest in peace my brave, sweet boy. And never forget that you were always loved.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
22-03-2016, 03:12 AM
EA, thinking of you on this difficult day all best wishes adey.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-03-2016, 03:13 AM
(22-03-2016 01:04 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Something that happened to me last May. Reposted from FB.

"Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most.....human."

- James T. Kirk

This evening I lost my best friend and personal companion of nine years, a German Shepherd Dog named Kahuna. His soul is liberated now, free of suffering and pain; a spirit of light, of life returning home from a long journey to his youth and rest. I was there to hold him one last time as we said our goodbyes and he made his flight into eternity.

For those of us who knew him, Kahuna was the most amazing, laid back, intelligent, affectionate and caring dog you could imagine. From the instant you saw his beautiful black and gold coat and those big, brown eyes, you knew he was special. He slept at the foot of my bed like a big teddy bear and never left my side, even in my darkest hours. At 105lbs, he look intimidating but was a gentle giant, much loved by the neighborhood kids, always more than happy to let a toddler give him a big bear hug or play fetch with a tennis ball. He was sensitive and affectionate. Like most Shepherds he was athletic and a natural leader. He loved his family and wanted nothing more than to please the humans in his pack. He was a gear head - the Bob Lutz of dogs - and always loved automobiles and riding in them. He loved to swim and had a pension for squeaky toys and stuffed animals. He was a smartass and enjoyed playing head games with humans. He was loyal to a fault and fearsomely protective of his house and family, much to the chagrin of the UPS driver or the pizza guy. He liked to hunt and dig, looking for mice and squirrels. He had more integrity and honor than most of the humans I know. He was someone you could totally trust with your deepest secrets and loved you selflessly and unconditionally. He would wait up for you at night when you came home from a bad date or trouble at the office, greet you with a lolling tongue smile that made every other problem melt away. He never lost his zest and enthusiasm for life, for living for every moment, for not being stopped by petty obstacles or problems. He knew the real value of a day and of those who he spent that day with. He was a bright star in an often very dark world and illuminated us all. He taught me a lot of things about how to be a friend.

He was my friend.

And though my soul is crushed with grief in the wake of his death, I know as well that my life was made infinitely richer and more vibrant by the role he played in it and the lives of others and we, in turn, gave him one of the finest, richest, and most fulfilling lives a dog could ever wish for.

Rest in peace my brave, sweet boy. And never forget that you were always loved.

Hug
22-03-2016, 07:25 AM
Thank you, adey. Hug

I've already cried some on the drive to work. Undecided Just gotta take today one minute at a time.