The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(19-04-2016 01:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 01:51 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm so stressed with school. I've been losing interest lately. I don't mind learning about science or math, but the other things haven't been capturing mu interest. It's really ridiculous being around religion every day with my only refuge being my room. My brain is too worried to be concerned about school and it's really tough. Lately, I've been needing to spend time at home away from school. I can relax at home and work at a comfortable pace. However, at school, I am miserable. I don't know why. Yeah, I get scared at home sometimes because I don't want to get scolded at for not keeping the sabbath or not being religious, but I don't have a bunch of other work piling on me. The school work that doesn't interest me juelst feels like a burden. Also, I'm in the choir at my school. I don't pay attention to the words so much anymore.

I don't know why I'm so stressed at school.

Everyone has their ups and downs. Being stressed by idiots is a good sign - sign that you're *not* an idiot Smile You got other stuff going on? Family life OK? If your home life is stressful or there's some big thing bothering you that you haven't yet faced, then that can be expressed by e.g. schoolwork going to shit.

I'm stressed at home, too. Not as stressed, but still. I think my parents are still hopeful that I will go back to there religion. I don't think I would be able to go back to Christianity or anything like it.
I end up feeling like a jerk because I have a hard time believing in something that has no real evidence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2016, 12:11 AM
(19-04-2016 02:19 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm stressed at home, too. Not as stressed, but still. I think my parents are still hopeful that I will go back to there religion. I don't think I would be able to go back to Christianity or anything like it.
I end up feeling like a jerk because I have a hard time believing in something that has no real evidence.

That's fine. That's your integrity talking Thumbsup

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-04-2016, 08:44 PM
So......last sunday I received a huge gift basket from the ladies circle from my husbands church, filled with nice things and a lot of "Jesus" items. The card had everyone's signature and "god bless you". Asking when I will be coming to church etc. I felt kinda guilty then I got pissed........now I am frustrated to tears.

He is now the full time pastor. I have told him many times that I will never go back to church and I kinda feel i'm being guilt tripped into thinking that I should be the supportive pastors wife sitting on the front pew. Ain't happinin!!! Frustrating Weeping
[+] 2 users Like BlueBelle's post
23-04-2016, 09:08 PM
(23-04-2016 08:44 PM)BlueBelle Wrote:  So......last sunday I received a huge gift basket from the ladies circle from my husbands church, filled with nice things and a lot of "Jesus" items. The card had everyone's signature and "god bless you". Asking when I will be coming to church etc. I felt kinda guilty then I got pissed........now I am frustrated to tears.

He is now the full time pastor. I have told him many times that I will never go back to church and I kinda feel i'm being guilt tripped into thinking that I should be the supportive pastors wife sitting on the front pew. Ain't happinin!!! Frustrating Weeping

Be generous, send them a thank you card and either politely decline the invitation or ignore it completely. It's his job, nothing more. Don't participate any more than you would if he worked at the local utility company and don't beat yourself up over it. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 6 users Like Heatheness's post
24-04-2016, 06:56 AM
Bloody old church ladies... Angry Tell 'em you'll come to church if you can play drinking games with them. Shot for every "Jesus", "Amen" or "Hallelujah".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-04-2016, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 07:38 AM by edbaldwin.)
(23-04-2016 08:44 PM)BlueBelle Wrote:  So......last sunday I received a huge gift basket from the ladies circle from my husbands church, filled with nice things and a lot of "Jesus" items. The card had everyone's signature and "god bless you". Asking when I will be coming to church etc. I felt kinda guilty then I got pissed........now I am frustrated to tears.

Quite a dilemma. No matter how it turns out just be glad you were honest with your husband. That must have been a hard talk to have with him.
Be prepared for difficulties in your relationship. If your relationship isn't based on both of you being religious there should be room for your your honesty and non participation. Hopefully he will understand your lack of involvement.
Realize though that this is not your fault. Even if you were deeply religious from day one with him. People change and learn all through their lives. You are not obligated to be the same person as you were when you met.
Good luck.
[+] 4 users Like edbaldwin's post
24-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the advice y'all Smile
Church has always come first to him. I come maybe 10th or there about......lol. But it doesn't matter to me anymore.......life has more meaning now and I intend to start enjoying it!! Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like BlueBelle's post
26-04-2016, 05:24 PM
I'm heartbroken tonight. My student who I've been tutoring for over 2 yrs has told me she can't do the tutoring anymore. Her husband and family are pressuring her to stay home with her kids and focus on them. I knew she was having difficulty since she got her citizenship (something that benefits her family, so training for that was okay) and she'd missed several sessions but since we started on the GED it's been worse.

She says she can txt and call me, I told her anytime and we can do her tutoring over the phone some if she wants. She said she would but I don't know. I know she wanted her GED so she could get a good job but I think her husband is afraid she will be able to support herself and her 2 kids if she does. I think so too, she's not happy with him.

I feel like I've lost a friend. She promised to keep studying, I hope she does. She's very smart and could go far if her family doesn't hold her back. She was so sad and I felt like I was watching her dreams die as she explained it to me. I cried all the way home.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
26-04-2016, 05:26 PM
(26-04-2016 05:24 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I'm heartbroken tonight. My student who I've been tutoring for over 2 yrs has told me she can't do the tutoring anymore. Her husband and family are pressuring her to stay home with her kids and focus on them. I knew she was having difficulty since she got her citizenship (something that benefits her family, so training for that was okay) and she'd missed several sessions but since we started on the GED it's been worse.

She says she can txt and call me, I told her anytime and we can do her tutoring over the phone some if she wants. She said she would but I don't know. I know she wanted her GED so she could get a good job but I think her husband is afraid she will be able to support herself and her 2 kids if she does. I think so too, she's not happy with him.

I feel like I've lost a friend. She promised to keep studying, I hope she does. She's very smart and could go far if her family doesn't hold her back. She was so sad and I felt like I was watching her dreams die as she explained it to me. I cried all the way home.

Hug So sorry that happened Sad hope things work out for her.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
26-04-2016, 05:59 PM
(26-04-2016 05:24 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I'm heartbroken tonight. My student who I've been tutoring for over 2 yrs has told me she can't do the tutoring anymore. Her husband and family are pressuring her to stay home with her kids and focus on them. I knew she was having difficulty since she got her citizenship (something that benefits her family, so training for that was okay) and she'd missed several sessions but since we started on the GED it's been worse.

Sorry for you and your friend.
As bad as it is, you might still be able to help tutor her on the phone. It sounds really bad for your friend. I hope she can advance from her current situation. And I hope you two can remain in contact. Something tells me the husband would just as soon squash that as well.
Good luck.
[+] 2 users Like edbaldwin's post