The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 06:17 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
Thank you JDog, Ed, I appreciate your kindness. It's heartbreaking for me, yes but I feel like it was a crushing blow for her. I hope she will stay in contact with me.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2016, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 06:34 PM by Anjele.)
That's sad. Some cultures don't think women need to be educated. It's too bad when the woman has the potential to do more and is prevented from doing so.

Maybe she will come back around.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-04-2016, 06:36 PM
(26-04-2016 05:24 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I'm heartbroken tonight. My student who I've been tutoring for over 2 yrs has told me she can't do the tutoring anymore. Her husband and family are pressuring her to stay home with her kids and focus on them. I knew she was having difficulty since she got her citizenship (something that benefits her family, so training for that was okay) and she'd missed several sessions but since we started on the GED it's been worse.

She says she can txt and call me, I told her anytime and we can do her tutoring over the phone some if she wants. She said she would but I don't know. I know she wanted her GED so she could get a good job but I think her husband is afraid she will be able to support herself and her 2 kids if she does. I think so too, she's not happy with him.

I feel like I've lost a friend. She promised to keep studying, I hope she does. She's very smart and could go far if her family doesn't hold her back. She was so sad and I felt like I was watching her dreams die as she explained it to me. I cried all the way home.

There's not much you can do, when somebody tosses aside your efforts at helping them. All you can do - is stand by, to stand by ---- and be there for her if she comes back for more help...............

And your assessment of the situation may be spot on.... I've seen women who were kept from bettering themselves by spouse/boyfriends - who were simply domineering assholes............

That's why I like machines.... They're far more predictable to work with than people....

And you can take a hammer to the troublesome ones, without extra paperwork...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-04-2016, 02:57 AM
One of my favorite coworkers was killed in a freak accident over the weekend - he was in his early twenties. Tonight is my last night at my hospital where I absolutely love my job and my coworkers. And it's all sinking in.

I got sick at work one night, was walking down the back hall and realized I wasn't going to make it to the bathroom without puking on the floor. I stopped through the service center to grab an emesis bag and he was there. He got me a cold rag, alerted my charge nurse so I'd have bed coverage, found a coworker who had zofran, and stayed with me. He even walked me to the bathroom (keep in mind my hospital is huge, I was about a city block away from it). When I thanked him, he waved it off and said, "We're family here. We take care of each other - that's what family does." You get so close to your coworkers when you work in high stress environments like this - and we do call each other family.

I'm going to miss him, my coworkers, my job, my hospital, Nashville. I've never left a job that I wasn't ready to leave. I've never loved a job this much. Sadcryface

Just wanted to vent a bit...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
27-04-2016, 04:30 AM
(27-04-2016 02:57 AM)Nurse Wrote:  One of my favorite coworkers was killed in a freak accident over the weekend - he was in his early twenties. Tonight is my last night at my hospital where I absolutely love my job and my coworkers. And it's all sinking in.

I got sick at work one night, was walking down the back hall and realized I wasn't going to make it to the bathroom without puking on the floor. I stopped through the service center to grab an emesis bag and he was there. He got me a cold rag, alerted my charge nurse so I'd have bed coverage, found a coworker who had zofran, and stayed with me. He even walked me to the bathroom (keep in mind my hospital is huge, I was about a city block away from it). When I thanked him, he waved it off and said, "We're family here. We take care of each other - that's what family does." You get so close to your coworkers when you work in high stress environments like this - and we do call each other family.

I'm going to miss him, my coworkers, my job, my hospital, Nashville. I've never left a job that I wasn't ready to leave. I've never loved a job this much. Sadcryface

Just wanted to vent a bit...
Hug
27-04-2016, 06:36 AM
Oh my! I don't even know what to say. Don't loose touch with the rest of your friends there. It sounds like you will need one another.
28-04-2016, 06:29 PM
I am so exhausted and so stressed...I am running out of steam over all this. Insurance just informed me that plan to come get my car Monday...they haven't paid me for it yet so I can't get something else. They will allow me $25.00 a day for a rental for 7 days. There aren't any rentals available...certainly not any for that price. And there are storms in the forecast for tomorrow night and Saturday morning. I am mentally drained.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-04-2016, 06:39 PM
(28-04-2016 06:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am so exhausted and so stressed...I am running out of steam over all this. Insurance just informed me that plan to come get my car Monday...they haven't paid me for it yet so I can't get something else. They will allow me $25.00 a day for a rental for 7 days. There aren't any rentals available...certainly not any for that price. And there are storms in the forecast for tomorrow night and Saturday morning. I am mentally drained.

Do you have a local friend who might have an extra vehicle to borrow?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
28-04-2016, 08:12 PM
(28-04-2016 06:39 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 06:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am so exhausted and so stressed...I am running out of steam over all this. Insurance just informed me that plan to come get my car Monday...they haven't paid me for it yet so I can't get something else. They will allow me $25.00 a day for a rental for 7 days. There aren't any rentals available...certainly not any for that price. And there are storms in the forecast for tomorrow night and Saturday morning. I am mentally drained.

Do you have a local friend who might have an extra vehicle to borrow?

All our cars are battered to varying degrees. If there is one thing around here there isn't extra of...it's safe cars to drive. Undecided

28-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Angele
Heatheness
Nurse
I have big old bear hugs for you all.
Hug Hug Hug
Angele, I can't believe that is happening to you. I'd try and contact the insurance commisioner about that. Hang in there.
I hope you can find a way out for your friend, Heatheness. Good on you for getting her this far, don't forget that.
Nurse, I am sorry about your friend and your job. I have has so many jobs myself I rarely get that feeling I belong. That's gotta be bad Sad
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post