The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(09-05-2015 06:37 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So, I guess I started something that can have benefit for others. Here's a place to talk about what brings you to tears or near tears.

We can offer a shoulder, an ear, empathy, sympathy...for others who just need someone to hear that their heart is hurting.

Here is the place for virtual hugs.

Thanks to all who offered support with what started this. That was proof that we are a loving, caring group of people without god...or with.

Let it out here, especially if you struggle to let the tears flow IRL.

Love to all.

Heart

I just want to say that I'm very glad that I found this part of the forum. I think that it will be the most helpful for me. My time with religion was very depressing, and there still are times where it does get the better of me, despite having my rationality. Sadcryface
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SkepticalDaniel's post
01-06-2016, 05:53 PM
You found a good group here. I'm glad you found a way out.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like edbaldwin's post
01-06-2016, 06:57 PM
(01-06-2016 05:53 PM)edbaldwin Wrote:  You found a good group here. I'm glad you found a way out.

Thank you, I'm definately going to be offering insight about what was going on when I was a Christian, albeit it is kind of hard.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2016, 04:42 PM
So, I'm supposed to go with my mom tomorrow after work to look at headstones and pick something for dad. Really do not want to go.

There is nothing anyone can say, no story I could write, no monument or marker we could erect that would make it okay that I don't have a dad anymore.

Not looking forward to Father's Day either. There is no father's day anymore, far as I'm concerned. Sad

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
09-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Hug
Can't say more about that either.
09-06-2016, 05:14 PM
(09-06-2016 04:42 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So, I'm supposed to go with my mom tomorrow after work to look at headstones and pick something for dad. Really do not want to go.

There is nothing anyone can say, no story I could write, no monument or marker we could erect that would make it okay that I don't have a dad anymore.

Not looking forward to Father's Day either. There is no father's day anymore, far as I'm concerned. Sad
Sorry you are going through this. Really.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
09-06-2016, 05:48 PM
This is so stupid and so not me, but my son and I went to freshman orientation at UMass today, and the whole day was about how our kids are now adults and have to take control of their lives, etc. Parents had their own orientation; the kids are off on their own overnight thing, bonding.

I had a gut hit as I went back to the parking lot that this is really going to happen. Something I have really wanted and worked so hard to make a reality, but I'm also sad and nervous about it, as well as happy and proud. Still, tonight sad is predominating.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
09-06-2016, 05:59 PM
(09-06-2016 04:42 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So, I'm supposed to go with my mom tomorrow after work to look at headstones and pick something for dad. Really do not want to go.

Do it for your mom. This will help with closure for her. It's her version of the necklace you had made for yourself.

Be supportive. One headstone cannot sum up a person's life or how much they are missed but for some people they are a very important symbol.

You can do this.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
09-06-2016, 06:18 PM
(09-06-2016 05:48 PM)julep Wrote:  This is so stupid and so not me, but my son and I went to freshman orientation at UMass today, and the whole day was about how our kids are now adults and have to take control of their lives, etc. Parents had their own orientation; the kids are off on their own overnight thing, bonding.

I had a gut hit as I went back to the parking lot that this is really going to happen. Something I have really wanted and worked so hard to make a reality, but I'm also sad and nervous about it, as well as happy and proud. Still, tonight sad is predominating.

So sorry, Sadcryface I remember that quite well. Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
09-06-2016, 06:21 PM
(09-06-2016 05:48 PM)julep Wrote:  This is so stupid and so not me, but my son and I went to freshman orientation at UMass today, and the whole day was about how our kids are now adults and have to take control of their lives, etc. Parents had their own orientation; the kids are off on their own overnight thing, bonding.

It's one of those bittersweet moments in life.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post