The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(12-06-2016 08:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 08:15 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Thank you all so much for your support everyone. Amazingly dad is still going although he is unconscious and fairly peaceful now thanks to the meds. I'm exhausted but cannot rest or sleep I had no idea of the physical toll near death of a loved one exerts on you. Thanks once again Adey x

Get what rest you can even if it's just closing your eyes for a few minutes. Make sure you eat and take in plenty of fluids. You are dealing with something that is emotionally, mentally, and physically draining. Take care of yourself. More hugs.

Angele is right; it is easy to forget yourself and get sick in addition to overcome with grief.
Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2016, 08:37 AM
(12-06-2016 08:15 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Thank you all so much for your support everyone. Amazingly dad is still going although he is unconscious and fairly peaceful now thanks to the meds. I'm exhausted but cannot rest or sleep I had no idea of the physical toll near death of a loved one exerts on you. Thanks once again Adey x

It's the suckiest thing in life imo. Make sure you eat and drink and take care of yourself. You are under a lot of stress.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-06-2016, 08:41 AM
I last did this in 2009 with my mom. She went out to bingo as she usually did, except she got up between sessions and made the rounds and said goodbye to her friends. Earlier that day she had visited other people, her car mechanic, etc and said goodbye.
She came home, and 10 days later she was gone.
12-06-2016, 09:00 AM
(11-06-2016 02:30 PM)adey67 Wrote:  My Father is dying has only a few hours possibly a day at most, comfortable on diamorphine and Rohypnol though which is good. we were really close I feel lost and keep crying which I feel bad about as he's had a good life and its his time to go.

*hugs* I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is. I lost my dad a few years ago.

My heart goes out to you and your dad. Sending you lots of love.
12-06-2016, 09:37 AM
(12-06-2016 08:41 AM)skyking Wrote:  I last did this in 2009 with my mom. She went out to bingo as she usually did, except she got up between sessions and made the rounds and said goodbye to her friends. Earlier that day she had visited other people, her car mechanic, etc and said goodbye.
She came home, and 10 days later she was gone.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
12-06-2016, 09:38 AM
(12-06-2016 08:07 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 02:30 PM)adey67 Wrote:  My Father is dying has only a few hours possibly a day at most, comfortable on diamorphine and Rohypnol though which is good. we were really close I feel lost and keep crying which I feel bad about as he's had a good life and its his time to go.

I'm sorry to hear that Adey; I lost my father a bit more than a month ago and I know what you're going through.

Be sure to be next to him holding his hand when he goes,so that the last thing he'll see will be the face of a beloved one.

I wish you lots of strength, mate.
Hug
12-06-2016, 02:31 PM
(12-06-2016 09:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 08:07 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  I'm sorry to hear that Adey; I lost my father a bit more than a month ago and I know what you're going through.

Be sure to be next to him holding his hand when he goes,so that the last thing he'll see will be the face of a beloved one.

I wish you lots of strength, mate.
Hug

HugHug
13-06-2016, 11:32 AM
I dropped one of my dogs at the vet this mining for a minor surgical procedure. I checked I and sat down to wait. A staff member came out and announced that an emergency was coming in. Seconds later a young man ran in carrying a Golden Retriever. She was frothing at the mouth as he laid her down on the floor. She died right there. My heart is still in my throat. The grief on the young man's face and the whole scene was heart breaking.

I got a call a little while ago, Lady is fine. But I am still shaken. Sad

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-06-2016, 11:37 AM
(13-06-2016 11:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I dropped one of my dogs at the vet this mining for a minor surgical procedure. I checked I and sat down to wait. A staff member came out and announced that an emergency was coming in. Seconds later a young man ran in carrying a Golden Retriever. She was frothing at the mouth as he laid her down on the floor. She died right there. My heart is still in my throat. The grief on the young man's face and the whole scene was heart breaking.

I got a call a little while ago, Lady is fine. But I am still shaken. Sad
Undecided

Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-06-2016, 02:14 AM
My amazing funny eccentric loving loyal dad died last night. I'm crushed and it really really hurts. Weeping