The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(14-06-2016 03:57 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I keep calling for my dad like a goddamn child, like I want him back etc. For fucks sake I'm 48 I should be dealing with this better, I'm so fucking weak I should be shot.

I was a mess when I lost my dad too. The pain right now is almost unbearable I know. You have a lot of support here and a lot of people to lean on. We're all here for you. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this *hugs*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
14-06-2016, 04:08 PM
(14-06-2016 03:57 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I keep calling for my dad like a goddamn child, like I want him back etc. For fucks sake I'm 48 I should be dealing with this better, I'm so fucking weak I should be shot.

Loss isn't easier when we are older. You aren't weak, you are hurting...and that's completely understandable. Don't be so hard on yourself. Grieving is a process.

More hugs...I am sorry you are in pain.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
14-06-2016, 04:08 PM

gentle, adey. take it easy on you.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
14-06-2016, 04:19 PM

No, you shouldn't be dealing with it in any different way. Just let it flow. Your brain has encountered a missing link, and it was one that was important to you. How hard you grieve has nothing to do with age or weakness. It is only determined by how close you were and how big a part this person played in your daily life. And the stress of sitting by him to wait for him to pass is popping it's bubble now.

You need to call his name, and cry, and everything else "weird" that will happen to release stress and pressure. It's all the way it needs to be. And - the most disturbing thing about grief - you have no control over it.

Let her rip... it will release calming chemicals in your brain. It's a physical process, not a mental one. You are doing good!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
14-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Dom's right adey. let it go. It will come out now, and later sometimes it will ambush you right out of nowhere. Let that go too. Each time it is less.
14-06-2016, 05:02 PM

14-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Crap. Opened a thread I thought was new...it wasn’t...and there was Nishi. Sadcryface

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
14-06-2016, 08:34 PM
(14-06-2016 08:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Crap. Opened a thread I thought was new...it wasn’t...and there was Nishi. Sadcryface

Hug
14-06-2016, 08:36 PM
(14-06-2016 08:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Crap. Opened a thread I thought was new...it wasn’t...and there was Nishi. Sadcryface

I find that I really like my Pikachu key ring. Every time I pick it up I see that picture of Nishi in his Pikachu hat in my mind. I am happy to have made his acquaintance and I don't want to forget what a gentle soul (apologies but I can't think of another word) he was. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
14-06-2016, 09:00 PM
If I see any of you in person, I don't care when, we'll share a real hug and a tear for Erik.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post