The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 08:17 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(27-06-2016 10:24 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Can anyone spare a hug? My mother died this afternoon in hospital (old age plus a late-winter flu that she never fullly recovered from). I've been trying to keep busy all evening, collecting her belongings from the hospital and notifying relatives and making funeral arrangements and uncluttering her room at home, but now I'm just sitting here exhausted and numb all over. Sad

HugHugHugHugHug

So sorry to hear. Be easy on yourself, and remember, it's ok to cry and behave strangely. Grief doesn't stick to the rules.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-06-2016, 09:44 PM
It does not have a schedule either. Take the time you need.
Hug
03-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Adey and Astreja -how are you two doing?

More hugs to you both.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-07-2016, 10:42 PM
(03-07-2016 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Adey and Astreja -how are you two doing?

I seem to be on a more even keel now, no longer feeling half-paralyzed or slightly stoned. I've been keeping busy by going through a to-do list of things related to Mom's estate, writing letters and e-mails, setting up appointments, and sorting through her things.

In sending out messages to let various people know I'm also taking the opportunity to reach out to more distant branches of the family tree. Immediate family has always been an oddly self-contained and isolated group, with little or no socializing over the years, but that's not how I want to live. (It was actually a bit startling to realize that yes, I want to have a RL social network.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
03-07-2016, 10:43 PM
I stopped crying when I left my mother's womb.
04-07-2016, 01:20 AM
I'm ok thanks trying to sort out the eulogy and probate at the moment funeral is arranged for Wednesday my youngest son is coming down from university tomorrow and my eldest on the day it will be good to see them. Not sleeping well so off to doctors this morning better a few days of sleeping pills than a belly full of booze.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
04-07-2016, 01:51 PM
(27-06-2016 10:24 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Can anyone spare a hug? My mother died this afternoon in hospital (old age plus a late-winter flu that she never fullly recovered from). I've been trying to keep busy all evening, collecting her belongings from the hospital and notifying relatives and making funeral arrangements and uncluttering her room at home, but now I'm just sitting here exhausted and numb all over. Sad
It's probably going to take a while to even start feeling okay again. And grieve all you need to. It's healthy. Just remember your mom would probably want you to also laugh. Even if it feels like there is nothing to laugh about now. Try to fit in pieces of joy where you can.
If you can, take breaks from the work often. Hopefully you have help doing the cleaning.
Sorry, I know you're asking for hugs, not advise.
So, a big hug over the Internet for you. Keep your chin up.
06-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Today was dads funeral although a church affair it was a lovely I managed to do the eulogy without breaking down and it must have been ok because people have asked for copies and someone wants to publish it in a local magazine. Its hard seeing a loved one in a box and then imagining that box under six feet of earth. I feel strangely flat but sad and emotional as well. I don't think it's sunk in that I'm never going to see my dear old dad again Sad
06-07-2016, 01:39 PM
(06-07-2016 01:31 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Today was dads funeral although a church affair it was a lovely I managed to do the eulogy without breaking down and it must have been ok because people have asked for copies and someone wants to publish it in a local magazine. Its hard seeing a loved one in a box and then imagining that box under six feet of earth. I feel strangely flat but sad and emotional as well. I don't think it's sunk in that I'm never going to see my dear old dad again Sad

It'll take a while to sink in fully.

HugHugHugHug

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-07-2016, 01:48 PM
(06-07-2016 01:31 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Today was dads funeral although a church affair it was a lovely I managed to do the eulogy without breaking down and it must have been ok because people have asked for copies and someone wants to publish it in a local magazine. Its hard seeing a loved one in a box and then imagining that box under six feet of earth. I feel strangely flat but sad and emotional as well. I don't think it's sunk in that I'm never going to see my dear old dad again Sad

Hug I remember that feeling quite well when I lost my dad. Like Dom said, it takes awhile to process everything.