Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(22-07-2016 09:59 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 09:48 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Really depressed today. Sadcryface

[Image: bearhug_zps5kqkvfbj.jpg]

Thanks. I'm feeling a little better. Hug

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
22-07-2016, 10:34 PM
I just took another emotional hit today. My 15-year-old kitteh Frey somehow broke his front right humerus (a fracture that cannot be casted, and can only be treated with orthopedic surgery or amputation of the limb). I think there might have been something else making his bones brittle, as he had been having gut problems and was losing weight. We decided to euthanize the sweet little sod rather than prolonging his pain.

I'm also worried about My cat RJ-45, who is also in the "Get off my lawn" demographic and has been more sluggish than usual in the last couple of days.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2016, 10:39 PM
(22-07-2016 10:34 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I just took another emotional hit today. My 15-year-old kitteh Frey somehow broke his front right humerus (a fracture that cannot be casted, and can only be treated with orthopedic surgery or amputation of the limb). I think there might have been something else making his bones brittle, as he had been having gut problems and was losing weight. We decided to euthanize the sweet little sod rather than prolonging his pain.

I'm also worried about My cat RJ-45, who is also in the "Get off my lawn" demographic and has been more sluggish than usual in the last couple of days.

I am so sorry. It's so hard to lose a dear pet. I miss Chop so much...my heart aches for you.

I hope that RJ adjusts and feels better soon...I hope you do too. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
23-07-2016, 08:11 AM
Sorry to see this. Hug
23-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Close call with my Dobie today, threw up and started hyperventilating, hid in a corner of the yard, started shaking...the vet isn’t sure what caused it, said it could have been the beginning of bloat and we caught it in time. Wife and dog just got home. He is pretty out of it with all the benadryl and anti-nausea medicine. Thought I was going to lose him today two weeks before his 9th birthday. Sad

My previous Dobi died when he was 9 1/2...average for this breed. Undecided

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-07-2016, 04:59 PM
(23-07-2016 04:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Close call with my Dobie today, threw up and started hyperventilating, hid in a corner of the yard, started shaking...the vet isn’t sure what caused it, said it could have been the beginning of bloat and we caught it in time. Wife and dog just got home. He is pretty out of it with all the benadryl and anti-nausea medicine. Thought I was going to lose him today two weeks before his 9th birthday. Sad

Big hugs to you and I sure hope that all is well real soon.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-07-2016, 07:38 AM
(23-07-2016 04:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-07-2016 04:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Close call with my Dobie today, threw up and started hyperventilating, hid in a corner of the yard, started shaking...the vet isn’t sure what caused it, said it could have been the beginning of bloat and we caught it in time. Wife and dog just got home. He is pretty out of it with all the benadryl and anti-nausea medicine. Thought I was going to lose him today two weeks before his 9th birthday. Sad

Big hugs to you and I sure hope that all is well real soon.

Heart

I thought for sure he would take his last breath sometime during the night. I slept next to him checking for a heartbeat every now and then. Shallow breathing, unresponsive, not wanting to drink or eat. I cried myself to sleep.

This morning I open my eyes and he’s sitting up staring at me wanting to be let out. He even ate a little this morning. Right now he’s outside with his daughter watching the rains come down but looking 100% better than last night.

Meanwhile my wife and I feel like we’ve been run over by a bus, didn’t get much sleep. Let’s see what today brings.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
24-07-2016, 07:48 AM
(24-07-2016 07:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I thought for sure he would take his last breath sometime during the night. I slept next to him checking for a heartbeat every now and then. Shallow breathing, unresponsive, not wanting to drink or eat. I cried myself to sleep.

This morning I open my eyes and he’s sitting up staring at me wanting to be let out. He even ate a little this morning. Right now he’s outside with his daughter watching the rains come down but looking 100% better than last night.

Meanwhile my wife and I feel like we’ve been run over by a bus, didn’t get much sleep. Let’s see what today brings.

Been there more times than I like to remember... It really sucks that they can't tell you what they are feeling and it is completely unfair that their lives are so short.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
25-07-2016, 06:01 AM
(24-07-2016 07:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I thought for sure he would take his last breath sometime during the night. I slept next to him checking for a heartbeat every now and then. Shallow breathing, unresponsive, not wanting to drink or eat. I cried myself to sleep.

Been there more times than I like to remember... It really sucks that they can't tell you what they are feeling and it is completely unfair that their lives are so short.

This is from yesterday, he has made a remarkable recovery.

[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
25-07-2016, 11:18 AM
What a cute puppy face your Dobie has, Full Circle!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post