The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
A friend and two of his sons died in the Sabine river today. Weeping

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2016, 10:18 PM
(25-07-2016 09:53 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  A friend and two of his sons died in the Sabine river today. Weeping

I'm sorry, man.
Hug
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
25-07-2016, 10:42 PM
I miss my dad. I really really miss him. Sadcryface Nothing can ever be the same without him. Things could be bad but I knew my dad would be there for me no matter what. I have no safe place anymore, no soft place to land. Who is there to make sure everything is okay if not him?

Was watching a show over the weekend and they had a CPR scene and I just fucking lost it. I can't handle those anymore. It was like being transported back to the day he died, watching the EMTs work over him. Hoping that somehow he would come back and knowing he wouldn't. Sad

26-07-2016, 07:13 AM
(25-07-2016 06:01 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Been there more times than I like to remember... It really sucks that they can't tell you what they are feeling and it is completely unfair that their lives are so short.

This is from yesterday, he has made a remarkable recovery.
He's adorable FC no wonder you are anxious.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-07-2016, 07:23 AM
(25-07-2016 09:53 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  A friend and two of his sons died in the Sabine river today. Weeping

I’m very sorry to hear it.
Can I ask if it was a boating accident or were they swimming? Since I’m around water all the time I have a long list of what not to do when I teach small boat handling and rescue diving.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-07-2016, 07:24 AM
(25-07-2016 10:42 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I miss my dad. I really really miss him. Sadcryface Nothing can ever be the same without him. Things could be bad but I knew my dad would be there for me no matter what. I have no safe place anymore, no soft place to land. Who is there to make sure everything is okay if not him?

Was watching a show over the weekend and they had a CPR scene and I just fucking lost it. I can't handle those anymore. It was like being transported back to the day he died, watching the EMTs work over him. Hoping that somehow he would come back and knowing he wouldn't. Sad

EA you are not alone, I understand exactly how you are feeling, my own grief is still very raw also. Last night I had a dream I dreamt that I came downstairs and dad was lighting the fire in the living room it was so vivid, then I woke up and realised he was gone and my heart and stomach sank so deep it physically hurt. I'm sending you a truly understanding hand across the pond and a big hug also. Hug Hug
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
26-07-2016, 07:24 AM
(25-07-2016 10:42 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I miss my dad. I really really miss him. Sadcryface Nothing can ever be the same without him. Things could be bad but I knew my dad would be there for me no matter what. I have no safe place anymore, no soft place to land. Who is there to make sure everything is okay if not him?

Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-07-2016, 07:44 AM

Yikes. Hug
26-07-2016, 07:46 AM
(26-07-2016 07:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

I’m very sorry to hear it.
Can I ask if it was a boating accident or were they swimming? Since I’m around water all the time I have a long list of what not to do when I teach small boat handling and rescue diving.

Swimming. I think that a strong undercurrent got the boys, then got Harlin when he tried to help them. Sad

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
26-07-2016, 07:50 AM

I am so sorry to see this. What a tragedy! Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat