The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
Nine days sober, and fuck am I ever thirsty.

I'd drink wino blood if somebody offered me a glass.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2016, 06:35 PM
(30-08-2016 06:34 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Nine days sober, and fuck am I ever thirsty.

Just one more day. You can last that long. Hug
30-08-2016, 06:40 PM
(30-08-2016 06:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 06:34 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Nine days sober, and fuck am I ever thirsty.

Just one more day. You can last that long. Hug

Hug

Thanks. I'll get through it.

EDIT: having no money till Friday will help, too.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
30-08-2016, 07:55 PM
(30-08-2016 06:40 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 06:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Just one more day. You can last that long. Hug

Hug

Well done! Whether your dry spell is driven by money or not, you should still enjoy the satisfaction of the accomplishment.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
30-08-2016, 08:09 PM
(30-08-2016 06:40 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 06:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Just one more day. You can last that long. Hug

Hug

FWIW, after I got out of the US Navy, I got a job where I could barely afford to live, and a six-pack a week was a luxury I couldn't always afford. I was pretty thin, too. Walked to work when I couldn't afford gas or the bus; fortunately it was only 6 miles one way- easy walking. Enforced dieting ain't all that cool, either. In your case, maybe it's a help. But we are pulling for you. I know that some here are offering an ear any time of day for the people with issues. I will try to help, but it may be spotty. If you PM me and I see it, I'll try to help. Seriously. I'd like to add that I have never seen a forum like this in my entire life. May it continue to flourish! Great people here!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
31-08-2016, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2016 11:19 AM by adey67.)
Stick with it OMM you can do it, anything I can do to help just ask, not that much I can do online I know but if you want to talk to a fellow struggler
who understands I want to be there for you sending you a man hug Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-08-2016, 08:42 AM
(30-08-2016 08:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 06:40 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Hug

FWIW, after I got out of the US Navy, I got a job where I could barely afford to live, and a six-pack a week was a luxury I couldn't always afford. I was pretty thin, too. Walked to work when I couldn't afford gas or the bus; fortunately it was only 6 miles one way- easy walking. Enforced dieting ain't all that cool, either. In your case, maybe it's a help. But we are pulling for you. I know that some here are offering an ear any time of day for the people with issues. I will try to help, but it may be spotty. If you PM me and I see it, I'll try to help. Seriously. I'd like to add that I have never seen a forum like this in my entire life. May it continue to flourish! Great people here!

I feel the same way fireball, sometimes I think to myself that its silly to put so much stock in people you have never met and probably never will but I cannot help it, so many of you are truly like family to me and if that makes me lame well, I don't fucking care Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-08-2016, 12:40 PM
I answered the phone 8am this morning to my cousin crying, the police were taking her 18 year old to the hospital because he was standing in the kitchen screaming that he wanted to die and he wanted them to kill him. Their life is a mess, divorce, moving, financial struggles, teens, drugs. My heart breaks for her and her kids.

So after a few hours, she calls again and the hospital is talking with her about voluntary/involuntary commitments- 72 hr holds. He of course wants to leave now, and she wants him to get a proper evaluation and treatment. So she tells them she wants to go forward with the 72 hr involuntary hold. The nurse says ' he won't ever be able to get a gun, does he hunt? Because if you do this, he won't ever be able to own a gun"

Now, I am all for the 2nd amendment, I grew up in that area where most people hunt deer to get thru winter, and everyone owns a gun or a dozen. But I am just flabbergasted that when a mom is checking in a teen on suicide watch that fucking hunting season is her concern!!

just maybe, this is one person who shouldn't be owning a gun! And no he doesn't hunt.

/rant over

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
31-08-2016, 12:56 PM
I agree, this is the stupidest thing to be worrying about at this time...people are nuts.

But, as an ex cop I can tell you that a 72 hour hold will not prevent him from owning a firearm or hunting. The hold is expressly for DETERMINING his mental state- what the doctors FIND during that time may affect his future.

Even if they find he is having significant mental issues, if those issues are based on an actual traumatic even that is occurring- like divorce, death, etc- in most cases they will convince him to opt for voluntary treatment once he calms down- another reason for the 72 hour hold- and voluntary treatment will not affect his future 2nd amendment rights, unless he is determined to have significant mental illness.

Still a silly thing to be worrying about, but...there ya go.
31-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Quote:Nine days sober, and fuck am I ever thirsty.

Hold the course, brother. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post