The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(10-09-2016 01:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Nothing really prepares you for that moment when you walk into an empty house knowing the person you loved and lived there has died.

My MIL was my second mother for nearly 30 years and I will miss her greatly and it is breaking my heart to see how much her daughter misses her.

I’ll always love you RJM. Heart

So sorry for your loss Sad

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
10-09-2016, 05:18 PM
(10-09-2016 01:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Nothing really prepares you for that moment when you walk into an empty house knowing the person you loved and lived there has died.

My MIL was my second mother for nearly 30 years and I will miss her greatly and it is breaking my heart to see how much her daughter misses her.

Hug Sorry to see this bit of news.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-09-2016, 04:24 PM

I'm sorry for your loss FC Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2016, 06:32 PM
I had to get rid of the cat that I'd caught wild and domesticated a couple of years ago. I had to downsize he pet situation, so we decided to just keep the surviving male from her first litter. It was tough saying goodbye. Sadcryface

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
12-09-2016, 08:30 PM
(12-09-2016 06:32 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I had to get rid of the cat that I'd caught wild and domesticated a couple of years ago. I had to downsize he pet situation, so we decided to just keep the surviving male from her first litter. It was tough saying goodbye. Sadcryface

Hug

I am sorry...it's difficult to part with our beloved pets.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Hug

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
17-09-2016, 07:07 AM
Local time 7:50am, less than two hours before we hold a memorial service for my wife’s mom.

The last time I did this was seven years ago when I said a eulogy for her dad. My wife has now lost both of her parents and she is heartbroken. I am trying to keep my shit together for her.

My parents just drove twelve hours to be here, dad is 82 and mom 78 the same age as my now deceased MIL. I feel guilty that I still have my parents and she does not. Melancholy thoughts and feelings sweep over me like a fog bank coming in from the sea.

Yesterday morning the three of us, my wife her sister and me read our eulogies to each other for feedback and more than anything to let the emotions just rip through us. We don’t want to be on the lectern and try to say those words for the first time.

My wife and I have chosen to tell of some personal stories about her mom to break up the sadness, here’s mine. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

“The first time I came to Smallville I was a nervous young man, deeply in love with my soon to be wife and hoping that her parents would find me worthy of their daughter. Her dad was easy going and if he had any reservations he didn’t show it but with MIL there was a tension that was palpable. It was obvious to me that it was her that I had to win over if this was going to work.

All seemed to be going fine until she walked up to me, car keys in hand, and said, “Come with me, we’re going for a ride.” A cold shiver went down my spine. This could be the last anyone saw of me but one does not simply say no to your potential mother in law.

She drove us towards the town pier; I have no recollection if either of us said anything. At that time I was 28 and I felt that if it came down to it, I could probably outrun her. She parked the car and she said let’s go for a walk. As we walked along the sea wall I gauged the distance to the trees, 30 yards, I felt could make it. We arrived at a bench overlooking the Bay and we sat down, and time stood still.

While the words said that day will forever remain with just the two of us she was kind and welcoming. I can tell you that the feeling I came away with on that day was that I had much to live up to, much was expected and if what they said was true, like mother like daughter, my life was about to change for the better.

We came home after our little trip, I don’t think either my soon-to-be-wife or her dad realized that we had left the house, MIL quickly went on about her business and at that moment I felt that maybe, just maybe, this was going to work after all.”

That was 29 years ago. Where did the time go?

Speaking of going, I have to go and get ready. Thanks for reading.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
17-09-2016, 07:16 AM
(17-09-2016 07:07 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Local time 7:50am, less than two hours before we hold a memorial service for my wife’s mom.

The last time I did this was seven years ago when I said a eulogy for her dad. My wife has now lost both of her parents and she is heartbroken. I am trying to keep my shit together for her.

My parents just drove twelve hours to be here, dad is 82 and mom 78 the same age as my now deceased MIL. I feel guilty that I still have my parents and she does not. Melancholy thoughts and feelings sweep over me like a fog bank coming in from the sea.

Yesterday morning the three of us, my wife her sister and me read our eulogies to each other for feedback and more than anything to let the emotions just rip through us. We don’t want to be on the lectern and try to say those words for the first time.

My wife and I have chosen to tell of some personal stories about her mom to break up the sadness, here’s mine. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

“The first time I came to Smallville I was a nervous young man, deeply in love with my soon to be wife and hoping that her parents would find me worthy of their daughter. Her dad was easy going and if he had any reservations he didn’t show it but with MIL there was a tension that was palpable. It was obvious to me that it was her that I had to win over if this was going to work.

All seemed to be going fine until she walked up to me, car keys in hand, and said, “Come with me, we’re going for a ride.” A cold shiver went down my spine. This could be the last anyone saw of me but one does not simply say no to your potential mother in law.

She drove us towards the town pier; I have no recollection if either of us said anything. At that time I was 28 and I felt that if it came down to it, I could probably outrun her. She parked the car and she said let’s go for a walk. As we walked along the sea wall I gauged the distance to the trees, 30 yards, I felt could make it. We arrived at a bench overlooking the Bay and we sat down, and time stood still.

While the words said that day will forever remain with just the two of us she was kind and welcoming. I can tell you that the feeling I came away with on that day was that I had much to live up to, much was expected and if what they said was true, like mother like daughter, my life was about to change for the better.

We came home after our little trip, I don’t think either my soon-to-be-wife or her dad realized that we had left the house, MIL quickly went on about her business and at that moment I felt that maybe, just maybe, this was going to work after all.”

Hug

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-09-2016, 08:41 AM
Hug
thanks for sharing your story. I hope it helps.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
17-09-2016, 08:42 AM
(17-09-2016 07:07 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Local time 7:50am, less than two hours before we hold a memorial service for my wife’s mom.

A big hug from across the pond FC, I hope the service goes well, today is my birthday and I miss my dad these things are still so raw and probably always will be take care my friendHug
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post