Ugh I'm so very sorry Anj.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(06-10-2016 05:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  2016 - the year that keeps on sucking.

Our dog, Lady, has had some health issues this year and has been declining. Her quality of life was not good. She seemed to rally a bit when we had the bladder stones removed this summer but after a few weeks the decline began again more rapidly...today we had to make the decision to put her down after her health took a turn for the worse.

She was a pup that had been abandoned in a box in a parking lot. We adopted her nine years ago. She was a good dog.

The vet agreed with me that he could see the decline in her since he last saw her at the end of June.

I sat on the floor and held her and held one of her favorite toys close to her. I talked to her as the vet injected her and felt her slip away. Two dogs in eight months and two days. My heart is broken again.

[img][Image: 2ex9gyq.jpg][/img]

So sorry. Hug
06-10-2016, 06:53 PM

Our dog, Lady, has had some health issues this year and has been declining. Her quality of life was not good. She seemed to rally a bit when we had the bladder stones removed this summer but after a few weeks the decline began again more rapidly...today we had to make the decision to put her down after her health took a turn for the worse.

She was a pup that had been abandoned in a box in a parking lot. We adopted her nine years ago. She was a good dog.

The vet agreed with me that he could see the decline in her since he last saw her at the end of June.

I sat on the floor and held her and held one of her favorite toys close to her. I talked to her as the vet injected her and felt her slip away. Two dogs in eight months and two days. My heart is broken again.

They become such a big part of our lives. I'm sorry you lost two of them in such a short time.
06-10-2016, 07:06 PM

A huge hug to you Anj.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Thanks all. Though I did tear up a bit at the vet's office, I couldn't let her be alone. And I was the only one who could suck it up and do it.

Now I am a weepy mess. It was the right thing to do...it was also a painful thing to do...I know that I will always be glad that the last thing she knew was that I was holding her close.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
06-10-2016, 07:26 PM
(06-10-2016 07:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks all. Though I did tear up a bit at the vet's office, I couldn't let her be alone. And I was the only one who could suck it up and do it.

Now I am a weepy mess. It was the right thing to do...it was also a painful thing to do...I know that I will always be glad that the last thing she knew was that I was holding her close.

Heart Hug
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
06-10-2016, 08:52 PM
(06-10-2016 07:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks all. Though I did tear up a bit at the vet's office, I couldn't let her be alone. And I was the only one who could suck it up and do it.

Plus, she's no longer in pain. That's a huge plus. We've put down two dogs in the last 9 years, one of them last February. It's not fun. Hug
06-10-2016, 09:01 PM
So sorry for your loss Hug
06-10-2016, 09:28 PM

Very sorry for your loss Sad Hug

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-10-2016, 03:39 AM

I don't know what to say my heart breaks for you Heart Hug