The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2016, 03:46 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
I don'[/align]t know how it feels but I do know what my two very "dog person" friends went through with each of their losses.

Hug

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2016, 04:01 AM
(06-10-2016 07:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks all. Though I did tear up a bit at the vet's office, I couldn't let her be alone. And I was the only one who could suck it up and do it.

Now I am a weepy mess. It was the right thing to do...it was also a painful thing to do...I know that I will always be glad that the last thing she knew was that I was holding her close.

It is the kindest thing you could do and you did it with love. Hug

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2016, 04:13 AM
Hug

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
07-10-2016, 05:22 AM
It's so weird how dogs know. Wildman Ziggy always lays down at night by my legs...in front of or behind but always by my legs. Last night he curled up against my stomach and chest. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-10-2016, 05:53 AM
(06-10-2016 07:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks all. Though I did tear up a bit at the vet's office, I couldn't let her be alone. And I was the only one who could suck it up and do it.

Now I am a weepy mess. It was the right thing to do...it was also a painful thing to do...I know that I will always be glad that the last thing she knew was that I was holding her close.

I've been through that process multiple times. It's never easy no matter how right the decision is. Letting go sucks no matter how you look at it and it will always sting a bit when you think about it. That's actually a good thing.

You took an abandoned dog and gave her many years in a caring home. That's the stuff to remember.

(07-10-2016 05:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's so weird how dogs know. Wildman Ziggy always lays down at night by my legs...in front of or behind but always by my legs. Last night he curled up against my stomach and chest. Sadcryface

Yea, they may not understand the specifics but they know that their companion is missing and they know you are not yourself.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
08-10-2016, 10:50 AM
I picked up Lady's ashes this morning. They are now on the same shelving unit as Chopper's. I found a good picture and framed it to set on top of the little cedar box. Sadcryface

Though I know that it was the right thing to do, there is a catch in my throat and a welling up of tears when I think about it. I had to put my foot down and make the decision and I know it was the right one. Over the last few months I have made less than subtle hints that her days were numbered to my husband and son, each time met with argument. Even at the vet's my husband started to back out...I had to do the right thing but it hurts...a lot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-10-2016, 11:11 AM
(08-10-2016 10:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I picked up Lady's ashes this morning. They are now on the same shelving unit as Chopper's. I found a good picture and framed it to set on top of the little cedar box. Sadcryface

Though I know that it was the right thing to do, there is a catch in my throat and a welling up of tears when I think about it. I had to put my foot down and make the decision and I know it was the right one. Over the last few months I have made less than subtle hints that her days were numbered to my husband and son, each time met with argument. Even at the vet's my husband started to back out...I had to do the right thing but it hurts...a lot.

You did the right thing and it is going to hurt a lot for a while. Just remember that you gave her a good life and that you were able to be there for her when she needed you even though it hurt.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
08-10-2016, 12:23 PM
I had a dog for 18 years. He had to be put down in 1993 and my eyes are still getting wet when i have to think about him, or your situation now.
I woke up one morning and he had turned blind, his eyes being all yellow. He was 18 and already had survived a case of severe rat poisoning at age 12. Dad brought him do the doc and he had to be put down, his kidneys failed. When dad came home, doggy wansnt anymore. But it was the right thing to do, not to let him suffer.

No reason to question your decision. It was 100% correct, and its ok to feel pain over it. After all it shows you care(d).

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
17-10-2016, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 09:37 PM by skyking.)
Not worth it. Won't do it again.
17-10-2016, 10:34 AM
(17-10-2016 10:23 AM)skyking Wrote:  Today I recounted some of my family history, it stings a little.
WW II

:brohug: