The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 09:31 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
Sad As of 9:30 this evening I am no longer an official Crazy Cat Lady. I'm out of cats.

My last surviving kitteh, Caramon, went off his food late last week and was mewing and meebling and dragging himself around the house. I suspected liver failure, as he was drooling something nasty that smelled like bile. I made an executive decision and took him to the vet to have him euthanized.

Fare thee well, Caramon Handsomecat, 06/22/2002 - 10/18/2016.

(((group hug))) for everyone mourning the loss of a fluffy friend.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
18-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Hug for a fellow animal person.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
18-10-2016, 10:13 PM
So sorry for your loss, Astreja. Hugs to you.
18-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Hug Sorry to hear that your cat is gone. It's always difficult when they get to that stage.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
19-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Hug

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
19-10-2016, 05:42 AM
(18-10-2016 09:31 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Sad As of 9:30 this evening I am no longer an official Crazy Cat Lady. I'm out of cats.

My last surviving kitteh, Caramon, went off his food late last week and was mewing and meebling and dragging himself around the house. I suspected liver failure, as he was drooling something nasty that smelled like bile. I made an executive decision and took him to the vet to have him euthanized.

I am sorry...it's a very hard thing to have to make that decision. But it's often the right decision to make...doesn't make it easier. Hugs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-10-2016, 06:13 AM
(18-10-2016 09:31 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Sad As of 9:30 this evening I am no longer an official Crazy Cat Lady. I'm out of cats.

I'm so sorry Astreja, Hug 2016 totally sucks just way too much death and miserySad
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-10-2016, 05:08 PM
I agree, Adey -- It's been a rough year. Year and a half, actually: My mum, an aunt, and 4 cats since March 2015. I think the stoicism is burned in right to the core now.
19-10-2016, 05:58 PM
Sorry to see this. Hug
19-10-2016, 06:02 PM

Hug

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]