The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(28-08-2015 08:12 AM)Loom Wrote:  A year ago we had to put down my furry sister. She was an adoring yellow lab (at least we think, since she was literally twice her mother's size!)

Out of nowhere she seemed to start struggling to keep up on our bike rides. She kept slowing down, and down, and down. She stopped eating. Within a week she went from being her usual, peppy self, to nor even being able to get off the ground to relieve herself.

The vet was clueless. The only oddity she found was fluid surrounding her heart, and that she was a little anemic. She couldn't pinpoint the cause. Here was a young lab that was totally normal, except for that fluid putting pressure on her heart.

By the time that this was discovered, she was too weak for surgery. We were left with two options: Let her continue to decline, and fall 'asleep' on her own, or end her struggle peacefully.

It was tough, but I couldn't bear to see my best friend struggle to even look up wantingly at her favorite soccerball, unable to play and enjoy life anymore. But at the same time, I couldn't bear to watch her die.

I wasn't there when it was done. I never said a proper goodbye. I patted her on the head and that was it. I wasn't there when she needed me most.

It's torn me up. It's just not fair that she didn't get to grow old and fat and happy. She was only here for 5 short, but amazing years.

...and then people tell me, 'She's just a dog.'

Well I'm just a human, one acknowledges that I'm also an animal, capable of feeling strong emotions for another sentient animal.

I am terribly sorry for the loss of your friend. They are never 'just' a dog, or a cat, or any other animal buddy to those of us who love and cherish our pets. I dread the eventual loss of the critters I have now.

Know that you did the right thing. Many animals will let us know when it's time. It's up to us to be charitable and loving enough to see it through.

Many hugs - Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
28-08-2015, 02:26 PM
(25-08-2015 05:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yep, the husband has spotted him outside Weeping I hope he comes back Sadcryface

Did he come back? I sure hope so.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-08-2015, 02:56 PM
(28-08-2015 02:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 05:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yep, the husband has spotted him outside Weeping I hope he comes back Sadcryface

Did he come back? I sure hope so.

Me too Heart I am sure he will once he gets hungry enough.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-09-2015, 07:11 PM
[Image: bestfriend.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-09-2015, 07:12 PM
(08-09-2015 07:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: bestfriend.jpg]

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-09-2015, 07:36 PM
These last pages are very sad. Sad

And earmuffs I hope your elbow feels better.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Lost a good friend and colleague of 30 years this weekend. 55 yo. Diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's 3 years ago. Fuck you Alzheimer's.

#sigh
15-09-2015, 07:29 PM
(15-09-2015 07:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Lost a good friend and colleague of 30 years this weekend. 55 yo. Diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's 3 years ago. Fuck you Alzheimer's.

Hugs, GM Heart
15-09-2015, 07:31 PM
(15-09-2015 07:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Lost a good friend and colleague of 30 years this weekend. 55 yo. Diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's 3 years ago. Fuck you Alzheimer's.

[Image: article-0-16A9E6C2000005DC-670_640x427.jpg]

15-09-2015, 07:43 PM

Sorry, Girly Sad