• 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 01:00 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
Skyking I'm so sorryHug Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2017, 01:03 PM
thank you adey. I want to call my wife but I don't. Why should her day be ruined? So I sit with the dogs and blubber a bit, and think about what to do.
02-02-2017, 01:12 PM
(02-02-2017 01:03 PM)skyking Wrote:  thank you adey. I want to call my wife but I don't. Why should her day be ruined? So I sit with the dogs and blubber a bit, and think about what to do.

I guess it depends on what she's doing and how close you guys all are, she may want to be there for you though mate so don't wait too long sounds like you really need a hug.
02-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Hows your sister holding up ?
02-02-2017, 01:18 PM
I haven't spoken to her. I hear she is not good, as is expected. I think i will get going, call my wife and head over there. It is 160 miles away.
02-02-2017, 01:21 PM
(02-02-2017 01:18 PM)skyking Wrote:  I haven't spoken to her. I hear she is not good, as is expected. I think i will get going, call my wife and head over there. It is 160 miles away.

I am so sad for your sorrows. I lost my brother-in-law of nearly 50 years to that awful disease three years ago.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2017, 01:27 PM
(02-02-2017 12:40 PM)skyking Wrote:  I just got a call from my brother, one of those calls that we all dread.
My niece is going in for surgery in an hour. She has late stage colon cancer that has metastasized to her liver, that went undiagnosed despite many months of illness and doctor's visits.
My sister is a nurse, and she has researched the specifics. Her conclusion was that our niece needs to make end of life decisions. She will likely come out of this surgery with a colostomy bag, and there will be follow on surgery for the liver. She will be 49 in April.
In many ways she is more of a contemporary, as my family is so spread out. She is my oldest sister's daughter and the first grandchild of our generation.
I am wrecked at the moment.

Hugs to you SK. I'm so sorry.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
02-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Very, very sorry to hear of this news, SK.

I wish you and your family strength.
02-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Sorry SK Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-02-2017, 01:55 PM
I am in the "hurry up and wait" mode. I spoke with my wife and cancelled an appointment for tomorrow, but now I wait for a post-surgery call.