The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2017, 07:07 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(09-06-2017 07:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 06:57 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I feel like I let this happen...

I'm no better than he is, I think at this point.

I have no one to talk to right now and I can't call instead of wait in the line...

Don't add more injury to the situation. Just take a breath and talk about it. It sounds like guilt is eating you up and that's not going to help...

...is the situation ongoing? Can you do something to prevent more in the future?

The situation is genuinely complicated and is really hard to explain...

I'm afraid I can't do much in the way of a police investigation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 07:09 PM
(09-06-2017 07:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  Are you on the phone now?

I'm not. My phone isn't working at the moment so I'm in a chatline. Just waiting. It's a long line...
09-06-2017, 07:10 PM
(09-06-2017 07:07 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 07:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Don't add more injury to the situation. Just take a breath and talk about it. It sounds like guilt is eating you up and that's not going to help...

...is the situation ongoing? Can you do something to prevent more in the future?

The situation is genuinely complicated and is really hard to explain...

I'm afraid I can't do much in the way of a police investigation.

Keep trying to get through to the hotline. But be honest with them as to the reason you are so upset.

Take care of you first...get your feet back under you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-06-2017, 07:14 PM
(09-06-2017 07:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 06:57 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I feel like I let this happen...

I'm no better than he is, I think at this point.

I have no one to talk to right now and I can't call instead of wait in the line...

You didn't though. You are not responsible for another person's actions. From what I know of you on the forum, I do not believe for one second that you would let any harm come to anyone if you knew something bad was going on. So don't put that on yourself, that's not yours to carry.

I live with the person that I suspect.
I have tried to draw the attention to his conduct for almost a year now. First with just his girlfriend and then with child protective services. I was told, by my therapist mainly, that his conduct towards the child is questionable but not absolute. I have no evidence (which was what I was told by child protective services) and the police have come here before on one occasion only to be laughed off by the family here. Nothing would get done, I think anymore. Or maybe I'm trying to justify my own inaction.

I tried to give the benefit of the doubt. I have very bad PTSD from my experiences with this sort of thing as a child so I figured maybe I was being hyper-sensitve. Maybe I am still... I don't know. But I may have just witnessed something more damning and I need advice...
09-06-2017, 07:17 PM
(09-06-2017 07:14 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 07:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You didn't though. You are not responsible for another person's actions. From what I know of you on the forum, I do not believe for one second that you would let any harm come to anyone if you knew something bad was going on. So don't put that on yourself, that's not yours to carry.

I have tried to draw the attention to his conduct for almost a year now. First with just his girlfriend and then with child protective services. I was told, by my therapist mainly, that his conduct towards the child is questionable but not absolute. I have no evidence (which was what I was told by child protective services) and the police have come here before on one occasion only to be laughed off by the family here. Nothing would get done, I think anymore. Or maybe I'm trying to justify my own inaction.

I tried to give the benefit of the doubt. I have very bad PTSD from my experiences with this sort of thing as a child so I figured maybe I was being hyper-sensitve. Maybe I am still... I don't know. But I may have just witnessed something more damning and I need advice...

So what did you see?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-06-2017, 07:18 PM
(09-06-2017 07:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You didn't though. You are not responsible for another person's actions. From what I know of you on the forum, I do not believe for one second that you would let any harm come to anyone if you knew something bad was going on. So don't put that on yourself, that's not yours to carry.

Since your therapist knows what's going on--do you think you could call her?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
09-06-2017, 07:19 PM

If you think things are going on that shouldn't be, you should start documenting what you witness and times and dates. That at least would be something to establish a pattern of events.

I can understand you being really upset but this is a situation needs to be addressed by professionals and resolved and you may need to make other living arrangements.

Killing yourself won't fix this. Please take a step back.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-06-2017, 07:22 PM
(09-06-2017 07:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 07:14 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I live with the person that I suspect.

So what did you see?

I heard the child make a remark so I stayed in the room I was in and listened. I figured I should go check on them and when I walked into the room I saw the child adjusting his pants (more specifically his crotch) and when he saw me he looked surprised.

I don't know if that's much... but I just lost it. I'm still losing it.
09-06-2017, 07:22 PM
I am glad you came to this section where you can talk about things.

That's why it's here.

Many of us are empathetic to people who are depressed and/or have suicidal thoughts but we can only do so much.

I wish I knew some magic words. Confused

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-06-2017, 07:38 PM
(09-06-2017 07:22 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 07:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  So what did you see?

I heard the child make a remark so I stayed in the room I was in and listened. I figured I should go check on them and when I walked into the room I saw the child adjusting his pants (more specifically his crotch) and when he saw me he looked surprised.

I don't know if that's much... but I just lost it. I'm still losing it.

I think it would be a good idea to call your therapist who knows the background of both you and this situation. I think she could help you walk through it and figure out some next steps to take, more importantly she can help keep you safe. Whatever happened--and it may be a nothing--either way--this little boy needs you to be strong for him. Know you are not alone, because we all care about you and think the world of you here. Breathe, know that, and next step, call your therapist.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi