The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 01:31 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(20-07-2017 01:22 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Missing my grandmother, lately. And feeling like the odd girl out because of my emotions and leaving the faith...again. A few of my Christian friends are shunning me and it just hurts. It hurts to know they were only in my life as friends because I agreed with them. Sad Sad

Its horrible when you discover people are more friends with your Christianity than they are with you, I've been there but now I gain a perverse pleasure in knowing they dislike me because of my atheism, there's a certain power in being an antihero. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
20-07-2017, 01:32 PM
(20-07-2017 01:22 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  A few of my Christian friends are shunning me and it just hurts. It hurts to know they were only in my life as friends because I agreed with them. Sad Sad

They are protecting themselves... They might have genuinely liked you as a friend, but... what communion hath the light with darkness? Their book tells them to cast us out. Their pastors preach it from the pulpit. What is a good little sheep to do?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
20-07-2017, 01:42 PM
(20-07-2017 01:22 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Missing my grandmother, lately. And feeling like the odd girl out because of my emotions and leaving the faith...again. A few of my Christian friends are shunning me and it just hurts. It hurts to know they were only in my life as friends because I agreed with them. Sad Sad

Hug Just know the shunning is not about you. It's about fear and brainwashing ingrained by the church. I know it hurts, but everyone makes choices in life and sometimes loosening the shackles and freeing yourself in your own life is a scary endeavor for people who have been told that monsters exist outside of the cage.
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
20-07-2017, 01:45 PM
hugs all around for you friends. Hug
the other day I was chatting with a relatively new friend , and she started talking about her recent losses. took me back to mine and I was in Costco, shopping alone. I had to quit.
Dad and I were in the old coscto here in Lakewood, they took his picture, and I was so clueless. He looked terrible that day and I did not see it till i looked at that membership card.
We went next door to the canned goods outlet, and he said " I feel weak"
I grabbed him as he collapsed and died in my arms. That was 1988 and I still have a hard time.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
20-07-2017, 01:46 PM
(20-07-2017 01:45 PM)skyking Wrote:  hugs all around for you friends. Hug
the other day I was chatting with a relatively new friend , and she started talking about her recent losses. took me back to mine and I was in Costco, shopping alone. I had to quit.
Dad and I were in the old coscto here in Lakewood, they took his picture, and I was so clueless. He looked terrible that day and I did not see it till i looked at that membership card.
I grabbed him as he collapsed and died in my arms. That was 1988 and I still have a hard time.

*hugs* to you SK Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Yikes skyking, that's rough. I've lost some people close to me, but never in my arms. My heart goes out to you.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
20-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Hug Hug
20-07-2017, 03:06 PM
That was followed by two years of hard drinking. Then I got free of that.
20-07-2017, 03:49 PM

Damn, man, that's rough. bro- Hug
20-07-2017, 04:20 PM
(20-07-2017 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 01:22 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  A few of my Christian friends are shunning me and it just hurts. It hurts to know they were only in my life as friends because I agreed with them. Sad Sad

They are protecting themselves... They might have genuinely liked you as a friend, but... what communion hath the light with darkness? Their book tells them to cast us out. Their pastors preach it from the pulpit. What is a good little sheep to do?

It's strange, but this is the first few weeks in a long time that I have seen ''the light.'' My own. When you're a believer, you have to dim your own light lest you be treated like you're arrogant for not giving god the spotlight. I have a feeling I'm going to be angry over this for a time, not over my friends, but over the fact that I went back after my grandmother's death. That I let my emotions take me back. Anyways, I'm feeling better though, despite all of this! Blush

Thanks everyone for your kind words, it helps. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post