The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 06:45 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(20-07-2017 04:20 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  They are protecting themselves... They might have genuinely liked you as a friend, but... what communion hath the light with darkness? Their book tells them to cast us out. Their pastors preach it from the pulpit. What is a good little sheep to do?

It's strange, but this is the first few weeks in a long time that I have seen ''the light.'' My own. When you're a believer, you have to dim your own light lest you be treated like you're arrogant for not giving god the spotlight. I have a feeling I'm going to be angry over this for a time, not over my friends, but over the fact that I went back after my grandmother's death. That I let my emotions take me back. Anyways, I'm feeling better though, despite all of this! Blush

Thanks everyone for your kind words, it helps. Heart

Don't be angry at yourself. Hug You lost someone who clearly meant the world to you. Totally and completely understandable that religion might seem appealing during that time, especially Christianity--which promises that you'll see them again if only you believe.

And really (temporarily) going back to religion isn't a stumble at all. Use it as part of the path, part of the journey to free thinking. All parts of the path have rocks--and guess what, you made it through. Smile You're here now, still a free thinker. That's really the only part that matters.

In yoga practice, you lose your balance in poses, you get back up. Very simplistic teaching that carries over to life, but true. In life, you lose your balance along the way and you get back up--and you did. So no beating yourself up-there's no need. If anything you should be proud of yourself for allowing yourself the ability to reexamine ideas that were being swayed by emotional stressors.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
20-07-2017, 10:11 PM
(20-07-2017 01:45 PM)skyking Wrote:  hugs all around for you friends. Hug
the other day I was chatting with a relatively new friend , and she started talking about her recent losses. took me back to mine and I was in Costco, shopping alone. I had to quit.
Dad and I were in the old coscto here in Lakewood, they took his picture, and I was so clueless. He looked terrible that day and I did not see it till i looked at that membership card.
We went next door to the canned goods outlet, and he said " I feel weak"
I grabbed him as he collapsed and died in my arms. That was 1988 and I still have a hard time.

I'm so sorry. Heart I don't know if we ever need to ''get over'' these tough feelings. We just need to keep processing them, and try our best to live with them.
21-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Thank you all for well wishes, but mine is an old thing. Time walls it off for the most part.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
13-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Well, she cheated. I hope that divorce isn't too expensive.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
13-08-2017, 11:45 AM
(13-08-2017 11:37 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Well, she cheated. I hope that divorce isn't too expensive.

Oh shit...I am sorry dude. That sucks.

Hug

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-08-2017, 11:57 AM
(13-08-2017 11:37 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Well, she cheated. I hope that divorce isn't too expensive.
Fucking hell dude I'm so so sorry, I'm sending you a huge man hug. Hug Hug Hug
13-08-2017, 12:33 PM

Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Sorry to hear this. Sending you hugs Heart I don't understand why people choose that path, instead of just telling the person they want to end the relationship.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
13-08-2017, 12:54 PM

Forgiveness is a lot cheaper. Maybe not rush into anything but give it some time so you know how you feel when not in shock... Sorry that happened to you. It sucks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Damn. That really sucks. Are you 100% sure she cheated?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams