The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2017, 07:32 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(13-08-2017 12:44 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 11:37 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Well, she cheated. I hope that divorce isn't too expensive.

Sorry to hear this. Sending you hugs Heart I don't understand why people choose that path, instead of just telling the person they want to end the relationship.

No good words but wishing Old Man Marsh well. I also feel like the only ethical way to handle things is to be honest and say something before you actually do it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2017, 04:23 PM
(13-08-2017 12:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 11:37 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Well, she cheated. I hope that divorce isn't too expensive.

Forgiveness is a lot cheaper. Maybe not rush into anything but give it some time so you know how you feel when not in shock... Sorry that happened to you. It sucks.

I've decided to take your advice for now, for my daughter's sake.

I'll see how I feel after she graduates.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
13-10-2017, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2017 11:20 AM by Deltabravo.)
We've just had a big dust up with our neighbours. My wife was sitting out front when a kid from next door threw some stones into our property and hit our car. She went mental and I had to go down and speak to the mother. The kids, now four of them in the house, were all there. I told the woman what had happened and they eventually admitted to it and to throwing stones into our swimming pool and garden for months now. The girl, about 8, said it was because our dogs were going onto their property, they don't have a gate and their dog comes onto our property too...so what. Anyway, they apologised and I said it wasn't just stones but almonds, which start out as big green things, and the mother denied this. Then my wife emerged onto our side porch and the neighbour started going on about her.

Apparently our neighbour felt I should have told them about this a long time ago rather than let it build up but she didn't like my wife shouting abuse at them...because of the stones. It then erupted. I told her we'd had enough of everyone walking all over us, trying to steal land off us, digging up our property without even asking, dumping several tons of garbage in front of our house in an olive orchard, covering our front drive with tons of sand which I now have to get rid of and in the process removing our gravelled drive. She started shouting at me, telling me to "fuck off" and to take some pills. I immediately said "sorry" if I had raised my voice and walked away but she followed me, so I told her to get her "shit" off the orchard in front of our house. I'd had the local authority come out and they's already taken away a few tons of it only for the neighbours to dump even more. Then my wife came out and they had a nose to nose shouting match. The woman said she could dump her garbage in front of our house as it wasn't our land. I then picked up a handful of sand and said "what am I supposed to do with this?". When the rain comes it's going to be a quagmire and my dogs are going to bring mud into the house. i have five dogs so it's no joke. The stuff sticks to the car tires and muddies up the parking area.

What a nightmare. My wife said that you have to let it out sometimes but I'm not so sure. I couldn't calm down so in retaliation I threw some old chairs into the olive orchard where they park their cars to stop them using the orchard as a car park as well as a garbage dump.

What do you do? Endure the slings and arrows? I had only just been to the police yesterday to report my other neighbour for putting a fence diagonally across the right of way into my property so I have to drive through the orchard to get to my house. He thinks he can steal a mutual drive and incorporate it into his land. The police said they'd come out and take it down. I wonder.

I tend to let things ride, for an easy life, but my wife doesn't let anything go by at all so if I don't DO something then I get it in the neck and she hurls barbed comments at the neighbours as they go by. I'm half expecting the police to knock on the door... My wife thinks we were within our rights and they'll now get the message. Who knows. I just feel like curling up in a ball.
13-10-2017, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2017 12:28 PM by BikerDude.)
Evil_monster

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
13-10-2017, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2017 12:00 PM by Vera.)
This is the SUPPORT section. The very least one can do is to at least inundate only the correct section with one's endless political garbage. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-10-2017, 12:26 PM
(13-10-2017 11:13 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  We've just had a big dust up with our neighbours. My wife was sitting out front when a kid from next door threw some stones into our property and hit our car. She went mental and I had to go down and speak to the mother. The kids, now four of them in the house, were all there. I told the woman what had happened and they eventually admitted to it and to throwing stones into our swimming pool and garden for months now. The girl, about 8, said it was because our dogs were going onto their property, they don't have a gate and their dog comes onto our property too...so what. Anyway, they apologised and I said it wasn't just stones but almonds, which start out as big green things, and the mother denied this. Then my wife emerged onto our side porch and the neighbour started going on about her.

Apparently our neighbour felt I should have told them about this a long time ago rather than let it build up but she didn't like my wife shouting abuse at them...because of the stones. It then erupted. I told her we'd had enough of everyone walking all over us, trying to steal land off us, digging up our property without even asking, dumping several tons of garbage in front of our house in an olive orchard, covering our front drive with tons of sand which I now have to get rid of and in the process removing our gravelled drive. She started shouting at me, telling me to "fuck off" and to take some pills. I immediately said "sorry" if I had raised my voice and walked away but she followed me, so I told her to get her "shit" off the orchard in front of our house. I'd had the local authority come out and they's already taken away a few tons of it only for the neighbours to dump even more. Then my wife came out and they had a nose to nose shouting match. The woman said she could dump her garbage in front of our house as it wasn't our land. I then picked up a handful of sand and said "what am I supposed to do with this?". When the rain comes it's going to be a quagmire and my dogs are going to bring mud into the house. i have five dogs so it's no joke. The stuff sticks to the car tires and muddies up the parking area.

What a nightmare. My wife said that you have to let it out sometimes but I'm not so sure. I couldn't calm down so in retaliation I threw some old chairs into the olive orchard where they park their cars to stop them using the orchard as a car park as well as a garbage dump.

What do you do? Endure the slings and arrows? I had only just been to the police yesterday to report my other neighbour for putting a fence diagonally across the right of way into my property so I have to drive through the orchard to get to my house. He thinks he can steal a mutual drive and incorporate it into his land. The police said they'd come out and take it down. I wonder.

I tend to let things ride, for an easy life, but my wife doesn't let anything go by at all so if I don't DO something then I get it in the neck and she hurls barbed comments at the neighbours as they go by. I'm half expecting the police to knock on the door... My wife thinks we were within our rights and they'll now get the message. Who knows. I just feel like curling up in a ball.

Hug I'm sorry you and your wife are dealing with this its horribleSad
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-10-2017, 07:43 PM
(13-10-2017 11:13 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  We've just had a big dust up with our neighbours. My wife was sitting out front when a kid from next door threw some stones into our property and hit our car. She went mental and I had to go down and speak to the mother. The kids, now four of them in the house, were all there. I told the woman what had happened and they eventually admitted to it and to throwing stones into our swimming pool and garden for months now. The girl, about 8, said it was because our dogs were going onto their property, they don't have a gate and their dog comes onto our property too...so what. Anyway, they apologised and I said it wasn't just stones but almonds, which start out as big green things, and the mother denied this. Then my wife emerged onto our side porch and the neighbour started going on about her.

Build a fence. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-10-2017, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2017 11:25 PM by Vera.)
(13-10-2017 07:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  Build a fence. Drinking Beverage

And make *them* pay for it Drinking Beverage

Neighbour problems suck big time. There was a period when I wanted to murder ours. Luckily, we all lived to tell the tale Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
14-10-2017, 03:46 AM
I'm still recovering. This has spilled over into our son's school with a gang of friends of the neighbour's kids disrupting classes, pushing into lunch queue's and generally being a pain.

I have a suspicion that we're being inundated with Turkish refugees from the Gulenist purge that's going on. They seem to have an arrogance about them. A local said that however bad Erdogan is, the Gulenists are worse. The mother said she had a right to dump trash in front of my house and dig up my drive so I'm going to see the police and we'll see. The thing with people like this, who just want someone else to take away their trash is that they won't pick it up or move it. It's beneath them. So, I slung a huge water tank across their access and blocked off their improvised car park so they don't walk down the drive and throw stones over the fence. Eventually, I'm going to get a price for repairing my drive, then soak the sand so they have to walk through mud to get to their house. They won't say anything because it would mean they were admitting defeat. Once the rains come, it's going to be a quagmire out there so they can find out the hard, dirty way.

I dunno, what a mess. I hate these situations. I'd had a friendly conversation with the father of the kids in the morning but the wife just let rip. I'd told her that my wife had a stroke and was on medication so she shouted "take your pills" along with the expletives. That hits a nerve, when you are so intimidated you can't go outside of your own home, suffer from a brain disorder and people shit all over you and then call you names when you can't take it anymore. That was the tipping point for me. The rest is just garbage and dirt, but this woman has rubbed me the wrong way now.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
09-11-2017, 05:24 AM
The stone mason called yesterday to tell us that my dads headstone has been installed, I thought I was coping pretty well following dads death but seeing his name engraved in granite has triggered something. I feel really low very tearful and I miss him so much, I miss our chats and his eccentricity, the way he talked and his funny mannerisms, I miss how wise he was and how supportive he was to family and friends, I'm not sleeping and just feel life is pointless. Sorry folks its a first world problem and I know I shouldn't be having an attack of the poor me's its not productive, thanks for listening to my silly rant.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post