The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2017, 04:46 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
Just had a big fight with my mom. I said some pretty awful things. I feel like I can't do anything right.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2017, 05:15 PM
(19-11-2017 04:46 PM)Loom Wrote:  Just had a big fight with my mom. I said some pretty awful things. I feel like I can't do anything right.

Hugs. It's just a feeling, it'll pass. You do lots right. Don't let the heat of the moment color your perception of yourself. We've all said awful things when angry. Just give your mom a big hug and apologize and I'm sure all will be forgiven.
19-11-2017, 06:41 PM
(19-11-2017 04:46 PM)Loom Wrote:  Just had a big fight with my mom. I said some pretty awful things. I feel like I can't do anything right.

Maybe she deserved some harsh words. It's a relationship you didn't choose.

07-12-2017, 10:41 AM
A guy I used to work with has killed himself.

I knew of him, and spoke to him a little bit, but wasn't overly friendly with him. Generally he was a cool guy, who kept to himself, but was well liked by everybody. It's come as a bit of a shock to me, as he was in his late 20's, but also because I'm not entirely sure how to react. Like, I feel sad about it, but I didn't know him that well as a person.

Odd feelings, and one can only wonder what he was going through to get to that point.
07-12-2017, 11:49 AM
(07-12-2017 10:41 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  A guy I used to work with has killed himself.

I knew of him, and spoke to him a little bit, but wasn't overly friendly with him. Generally he was a cool guy, who kept to himself, but was well liked by everybody. It's come as a bit of a shock to me, as he was in his late 20's, but also because I'm not entirely sure how to react. Like, I feel sad about it, but I didn't know him that well as a person.

Odd feelings, and one can only wonder what he was going through to get to that point.

My best mate killed himself two years ago and he was a vicar which should have been a big no no, I struggle more today with his death than I do my own fathers, you have my sympathy and a unique understanding, I'm sorry my friend. Sad Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
07-12-2017, 12:44 PM
(07-12-2017 10:41 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  A guy I used to work with has killed himself.

*hugs* I'm so sorry. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk. I (and many of us on here) lost a friend to suicide not that long ago so sadly I understand the feelings that come up with all of that.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-12-2017, 04:24 AM
(07-12-2017 11:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My best mate killed himself two years ago and he was a vicar which should have been a big no no, I struggle more today with his death than I do my own fathers, you have my sympathy and a unique understanding, I'm sorry my friend. Sad Hug
Ah no worries, I feel bad that people feel bad for me. Like again I knew this guy and spoke with him at work, but we never hung our or anything, but still it's a shock, as it was a person I've met and spoken with, so I think it's hit home harder than if it was a person I didn't know. I think, I'm not sure.

I think what's worse is that he would have been in a bad place to do this, (mentally perhaps), which is a place I've been in, so had I have known I could have reached out to him. I think that is what is playing on my mind more.

(07-12-2017 12:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs* I'm so sorry. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk. I (and many of us on here) lost a friend to suicide not that long ago so sadly I understand the feelings that come up with all of that.

Cheers Jen, I got your PM earlier, thanks for checking in on me.

Unfortunately it seems to be a common thing around this time of year, as my wife had informed me one of her work friends had lost somebody to suicide only recently also (different person who died).

No worries all, just me getting wrapped up in the idea of it all I think.
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
08-12-2017, 04:49 AM
(08-12-2017 04:24 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(07-12-2017 11:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My best mate killed himself two years ago and he was a vicar which should have been a big no no, I struggle more today with his death than I do my own fathers, you have my sympathy and a unique understanding, I'm sorry my friend. Sad Hug
Ah no worries, I feel bad that people feel bad for me. Like again I knew this guy and spoke with him at work, but we never hung our or anything, but still it's a shock, as it was a person I've met and spoken with, so I think it's hit home harder than if it was a person I didn't know. I think, I'm not sure.

I think what's worse is that he would have been in a bad place to do this, (mentally perhaps), which is a place I've been in, so had I have known I could have reached out to him. I think that is what is playing on my mind more.

(07-12-2017 12:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs* I'm so sorry. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk. I (and many of us on here) lost a friend to suicide not that long ago so sadly I understand the feelings that come up with all of that.

Cheers Jen, I got your PM earlier, thanks for checking in on me.

Unfortunately it seems to be a common thing around this time of year, as my wife had informed me one of her work friends had lost somebody to suicide only recently also (different person who died).

No worries all, just me getting wrapped up in the idea of it all I think.

I think that's the thing, you didn't know. You're the kind of person who I know would do whatever they could to help out another person who was struggling in any way if you had any idea this was this person's intent. And sometimes, you do know the person is struggling, and you do everything you can to help and get them help, and they still decide to sadly take their lives anyway. I think either way, rest in the fact that you're a good person and were you able, you would do what you could for this person. Hugs.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-12-2017, 12:23 PM
My older brother at 70 yrs old had spent the last 6 weeks in hospice care. At his memorial service I said a 4 minute eulogy about every one needs a big brother, here it is as well as I can remember it:
Everyone needs a big brother. Who else is going to trick you into peeing on an electric fence? Who else is going to kiss your very first girlfriend before you are quite ready to try it? My big brother when I was about 5 years old told me that there was a man in the basement of the mall who grabbed the bottom step off the down coming escalator and put it on the ones going up. I wanted to do that as a job when I grew up.
I remember his first car it was a 1948 Hudson. There was a hole in the floor of the back seat and one of his girlfriends tossed her purse over the seat so she could cuddle better and it fell thru the hole never to be seen again. We were riding in it one afternoon and came to where a road crew had put a line of traffic cones. He got close, opened his door at maybe 15 miles an hour and knocked down 20 of them in a row, laughing like crazy. He didn't laugh when we got home and the smudges from each one didn't rub out, Dad never did believe that he had no idea what had happened to the door of his car.
Who else is going to give a guy his first job, who else is going to loan a guy $2000 to help make a down payment on his first house.
Yes ever body needs a big brother and I don't have one any more!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
24-12-2017, 01:27 PM
(24-12-2017 12:23 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  My older brother at 70 yrs old had spent the last 6 weeks in hospice care. At his memorial service I said a 4 minute eulogy about every one needs a big brother, here it is as well as I can remember it:
Everyone needs a big brother. Who else is going to trick you into peeing on an electric fence? Who else is going to kiss your very first girlfriend before you are quite ready to try it? My big brother when I was about 5 years old told me that there was a man in the basement of the mall who grabbed the bottom step off the down coming escalator and put it on the ones going up. I wanted to do that as a job when I grew up.
I remember his first car it was a 1948 Hudson. There was a hole in the floor of the back seat and one of his girlfriends tossed her purse over the seat so she could cuddle better and it fell thru the hole never to be seen again. We were riding in it one afternoon and came to where a road crew had put a line of traffic cones. He got close, opened his door at maybe 15 miles an hour and knocked down 20 of them in a row, laughing like crazy. He didn't laugh when we got home and the smudges from each one didn't rub out, Dad never did believe that he had no idea what had happened to the door of his car.
Who else is going to give a guy his first job, who else is going to loan a guy $2000 to help make a down payment on his first house.
Yes ever body needs a big brother and I don't have one any more!

*hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss.