Sending hugs your way, Anjele

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
06-03-2018, 04:24 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
Anj, we’re wishing a steady continued recovery for your son-in-law, and condolences to those who knew and loved Ma.

I hope this isn’t jumping the gun, but you deserve a freaking medal for putting up with what’s been thrown your way these past few months. Please stay well, and keep fighting the good fight. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
06-03-2018, 05:08 PM
(18-02-2018 07:45 PM)skyking Wrote:  Just got home from a memorial service for my wife's cousin, who took his own life a two weeks ago. He was having a terrible time with his marriage, and she had threatened to ruin him financially. This was all made public via facebook, and much ugliness was in the air.
It was a general shit-show. We went to support his sister, but my wife had rare if any contact with the family over the years. She felt out of place at the memorial, and we got out when it was appropriate to do so. He was a union brother of mine, we had chatted a couple of Christmas parties ago about work and things.

Skyking, this kind of reminded me of my uncle and the circumstances that led to him taking his life several years ago. He had somewhat different problems, but they were just as grave, and the fallout was, for lack of a better word... atrocious.

At his funeral though, I got to meet several of his colleagues from the Postal Service and learned about the extent of the support they had tried giving him when he was emotionally and physically declining in his final weeks. It was heartening to know, even in the midst of some truly god-awful circumstances, how strong and sincere these kind of professional relationships can be.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
06-03-2018, 05:46 PM
I since learned more about substance abuse all around. Did not make it any better but it explained some of what we saw
14-03-2018, 04:00 AM
Late last night, got a phone call at work from my dad:

My grandfather had a huge heart attack, and is in hospital. He had a complete blockage in one of the lower areas of his heart, with the doctor saying if it had been higher up he'd be dead. He's in his 70's and has chain smoked his entire life. He had a mild heart attack a few years back, but this one was a lot more serious.

He's ended up having something put into his heart, to widen the valve (I think) to allow blood to get through, and he's been transferred to a more local smaller hospital whilst they discuss potential surgery or if medication might resolve the issue.

I'm obviously cut up about it, with the kicker being he live in Northern Ireland, whilst I live in England so I can't really go see him at the moment. I haven't been able to call him as of yet, and in all honesty I didn't want to bother him, but will try and call him today if I can get through. A side thing is, I'm pretty pissed off at him as well, because I lost my other granddad (my mothers father) to heart disease, which also seemed to be brought on by smoking.....so this is one of those "you silly sod" type of moments, where I'm worried/angry/sad all in one go.

This week truly sucks.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
14-03-2018, 04:41 AM
(14-03-2018 04:00 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Late last night, got a phone call at work from my dad:

My grandfather had a huge heart attack, and is in hospital. He had a complete blockage in one of the lower areas of his heart, with the doctor saying if it had been higher up he'd be dead. He's in his 70's and has chain smoked his entire life. He had a mild heart attack a few years back, but this one was a lot more serious.

He's ended up having something put into his heart, to widen the valve (I think) to allow blood to get through, and he's been transferred to a more local smaller hospital whilst they discuss potential surgery or if medication might resolve the issue.

I'm obviously cut up about it, with the kicker being he live in Northern Ireland, whilst I live in England so I can't really go see him at the moment. I haven't been able to call him as of yet, and in all honesty I didn't want to bother him, but will try and call him today if I can get through. A side thing is, I'm pretty pissed off at him as well, because I lost my other granddad (my mothers father) to heart disease, which also seemed to be brought on by smoking.....so this is one of those "you silly sod" type of moments, where I'm worried/angry/sad all in one go.

This week truly sucks.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-03-2018, 11:24 PM
(14-03-2018 04:00 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Late last night, got a phone call at work from my dad:

This week truly sucks.

Yabut, he really doesn't need any silly sod stuff - he'll just want to hear from you and know that you care. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-03-2018, 06:59 AM
(14-03-2018 11:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  

This week truly sucks.

Yabut, he really doesn't need any silly sod stuff - he'll just want to hear from you and know that you care. Yes
Yeah I know. i did call him yesterday although got no answer, so left a voice mail to give me a shout when he's feeling a bit better.

Not heard anything else as of yet, but "no news is good news" as they say.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
15-03-2018, 08:00 AM
Hope you hear some good news soon Oaktree, I'll be thinking of you mate.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
17-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Another one on my dad's side gone. *sigh*

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]