The Official God FAQ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2010, 11:27 AM
The Official God FAQ
I figured I'd make this for anyone who has any questions about god so we can field them all in one thread, a super thread if you will.

Read this link here: This one, this is the link

That should be a good starting point. Any other questions?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2010, 01:30 PM

RE: The Official God FAQ
How did life begin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6QYDdgP9...r_embedded

This series of videos (and all the other videos made by this user) does an amazing job of explaining these things.
Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2010, 03:17 PM
What are the origins of Yahweh? I mean how did he come into existence in the human mind?
14-07-2010, 04:02 PM
hmm, quite hard to come up with any questions to add, as the answer already there is so emptying and perfect.
i mean, the first question is ''is there a god?'' and the answer is ''no''. then you ask something like ''does he love me? not in that way but you know...'' and the answer is ''who?/return to question nr. 1''

maybe turning this one around would be fun, http://www.godfaq.org/
Q:''who is god?'' A:''A fictional charater from a book called the bible. It's the best selling book in the world, really exciting book with alot of drama, war, violence and an almost happy ending.''

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
14-07-2010, 07:47 PM
(14-07-2010 03:17 PM)omega21 Wrote:  What are the origins of Yahweh? I mean how did he come into existence in the human mind?

If you're not simply being rhetorical and are looking for an answer to this, I recommend "The Great Transformation: The Beginning of Our Religious Traditions" by Karen Armstrong.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
15-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the recommendation.
15-07-2010, 06:00 AM
I warn you now: it's a tough read. You've really got to want it. But, it talks about the origins of most of the religions, western and eastern, and sheds some light on many of the Biblical myths. I was fascinated to find out the the Exodus story and the parting of a sea predates the Old Testament by a few hundred years.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost