The Official "What I Should Have Said to the Theist" Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-03-2011, 06:15 AM
RE: The Official "What I Should Have Said to the Theist" Thread
Awesome No J.!!!! never did that one.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2011, 04:23 AM
When Christians pull out the old "evolution is just a theory" line the response I use is that yes it is, except evolution has 150 years of continual, daily accumulated scientific evidence supporting it, a volume of proof so vast, one person could not review it all in a dozen lifetimes. It would be ridiculous to ask for more "proof" of evolution than we already have; one might as well ask for more proof that the sun provides us with heat and light.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
25-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Good response to the theory BS. Mike.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
27-03-2011, 09:45 PM
(24-03-2011 04:23 AM)hotrodmike Wrote:  When Christians pull out the old "evolution is just a theory" line the response I use is that yes it is, except evolution has 150 years of continual, daily accumulated scientific evidence supporting it, a volume of proof so vast, one person could not review it all in a dozen lifetimes. It would be ridiculous to ask for more "proof" of evolution than we already have; one might as well ask for more proof that the sun provides us with heat and light.

Fortunately in my country pretty much everyone knows evolution is true (even though most believe that everything about it, including natural selection, was manipulated by a god) but if I had to face someone who didn't believe in evolution and used the "evolution is just a theory" line I'd use the same answer as this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9uIMR8yCPg

skip to 1:23 for the relevant stuff, although the whole video is great to watch

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.