The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
17-06-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help
(17-06-2014 10:28 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 06:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  Okay, let me show you the differences between you and me. But please understand I mean no offense. The first thing I notice is you say you had very strong faith. Faith in what exactly? You then proceed to elaborate further saying this, "Jesus was real, Jesus was God, Jesus was my savior, and nothing truly mattered in life except to the extent that it contributed to my ultimate salvation".
My faith is in the fact that it is a great Love that would sacrifice one's self for others, as sure as it is not love to sacrifice others for one's self. That is an undeniable Truth to me. Undeniable. BLah blah blah....

GREAT! I'll lend you my shotgun and a couple of O-O Bucks, and you get to sacrificing yourself.

Drinking Beverage
Troll.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2014, 11:00 PM
(17-06-2014 10:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 06:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  The enemy is Satan. King over all the children of pride.

....the one that your myths say your gawd-luv-thing created.

So, your gawd-luv-thing is evil for having created your debbil-thingy, or and/or incompetent, and/or stupid.
Troll.
17-06-2014, 11:05 PM
(17-06-2014 08:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 07:53 PM)childeye Wrote:  Consider that if I say Love causes a person to love others as themselves, then the enemy would cause people to not love others as themselves. The reason there exists an enemy to Love is because of vanity. Vanity is the usurping of God's power by taking the Godly attributes of the Creator as one's own in vanity wherein one worships the creature over the Creator...

How exactly does one usurp the power of an supposedly infinitely powerful and all-knowing thing?
Surely the power supposedly being usurped would be impossible to supplant, as it is supposed to be from a source of all-power. Unless of course you are willing to alleged that 'Vanity' is of equal capacity to your deity and thus be able to take the place of it.

And how does one even usurp something from a supposedly all-knowing being anyway? They'd know it was going to happen long before it did anyway; therefore if said being doesn't do anything about it prior to it's occurrence it's not really usurping is it? Usurping is done illegally, or at the very least, without permission, so if nothing is done about it from a perspective of long-prior knowledge, that may as well be implicit approval of said usurping making it not really usurping at all.

And if said being did do something about the supposed power-usurping, then whence cometh usurpers?
Free thought, you are indeed a good thinker with great questions. I can't answer this right now. I have to get some sleep before work tomorrow. But I am looking forward to answering your questions.
17-06-2014, 11:30 PM
(17-06-2014 10:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 10:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Nope, have you tried looking up Jermy's ass? Hobo

Of course not; though if anybody were to know what may or may not be present there, I'm sure it'd be you.

I'm just looking for my span with two n's attached to each other. Drinking Beverage

I just looked. Found your head.

Drinking Beverage

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
17-06-2014, 11:33 PM
(17-06-2014 11:05 PM)childeye Wrote:  Free thought, you are indeed a good thinker with great questions. I can't answer this right now. I have to get some sleep before work tomorrow. But I am looking forward to answering your questions.

You can't answer at all. Your sad attempt at a dodge isn't going to work.

(17-06-2014 10:59 PM)childeye Wrote:  Troll.

Troll.

Troll.

Yes, you are a fucking troll. And I and others here are destroying every bullshit assertion you pander here. Get used to it, pussy.

I fucking LOVE it when trolls cry. Laughat

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
18-06-2014, 04:25 AM
(17-06-2014 11:05 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 08:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  How exactly does one usurp the power of an supposedly infinitely powerful and all-knowing thing?
Surely the power supposedly being usurped would be impossible to supplant, as it is supposed to be from a source of all-power. Unless of course you are willing to alleged that 'Vanity' is of equal capacity to your deity and thus be able to take the place of it.

And how does one even usurp something from a supposedly all-knowing being anyway? They'd know it was going to happen long before it did anyway; therefore if said being doesn't do anything about it prior to it's occurrence it's not really usurping is it? Usurping is done illegally, or at the very least, without permission, so if nothing is done about it from a perspective of long-prior knowledge, that may as well be implicit approval of said usurping making it not really usurping at all.

And if said being did do something about the supposed power-usurping, then whence cometh usurpers?

Free thought, you are indeed a good thinker with great questions. I can't answer this right now. I have to get some sleep before work tomorrow. But I am looking forward to answering your questions.

Me? A good thinker. Surely you jest.

Opinions of myself aside, please do take your time. I'm sure this will be entertaining.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-06-2014, 04:28 AM
(18-06-2014 04:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 11:05 PM)childeye Wrote:  Free thought, you are indeed a good thinker with great questions. I can't answer this right now. I have to get some sleep before work tomorrow. But I am looking forward to answering your questions.

Me? A good thinker. Surely you jest.

Opinions of myself aside, please do take your time. I'm sure this will be entertaining.

Don't forget the spann! Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-06-2014, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2014 05:32 AM by Free Thought.)
(18-06-2014 04:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 04:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Me? A good thinker. Surely you jest.

Don't forget the spann! Tongue

No, no, it's not 'spann' it's 'span with two n's connected together'. Looks something like this; m.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-06-2014, 05:32 AM
(18-06-2014 04:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 04:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Don't forget the spann! Tongue

No, no, it's not 'spann' it's 'span with two n's connected together'. Looks something like their; m.

This is a web forum, not Photoshop; I don't have control over kerning. Wink

[Image: kerning.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-06-2014, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2014 08:32 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
'childeye'

Trick question. I don't have a voice in my head. It's in my heart. And it isn't a magical being. As I said, He is Spirit. What He reveals is self evident. So instead of making fun of it and thinking you're clever, why don't you tell me what exactly is delusional about Loving Love and Loving others as myself?

What is delusional is thinking a self created emotion, feeling or thought is the influence of some super genie who gives two shits what one of his alleged 8 billion creations is thinking or feeling. Whether it is a voice or thought, YOU created it, thus the term self-delusion. Prove otherwise.

"So again tell me what is delusional about loving Love and loving others as myself. The Holy Spirit of Truth teaches that. Is it true or not?"

feel free to love, it is what makes life worth living for most. The holy spirit doesn't teach that because the holy spirit doesn't exist. The very concept of the holy spirit was a fabrication of the nicene council as part of the trinity concept. Since it was a fabrication, it has no basis in reality. May I recommend taking Chrisitian Spirituality Vision class in college, it may open up your eyes to how these concepts were birthed and why. I don't have the time or patience to type that whole lesson here.

"I am not a religious person as I see it. Truth is not a religion. It is just the way it is. Again, what is delusional about loving Love and loving others as myself. For that is the Truth where I put my faith."

Blink circular reasoning

"That is why I appreciate loving others as I would want to be loved, which governs my moral reasoning."

Love is healthy, believing this love is a gift from a sky genie is not"

"Well said. Exactly why I agree with the Christ."

Which Christ? The man the fabricated legend was based off of, or the mythical miracle performing, zombie apocalypse causing, water walking BS fairy tale Jesus of legend? Since all writings of jesus were penned by people who had never met him, years after his death, how do you know what he said? Therefore, how can you agree with jesus?

"Your definition of faith is really just follow blindly. That is nowhere to be found in scripture." use of a fictional document, i.e. scripture, as an argument from authority is an invalid form of reasoning, a false epistemology method, a short sighted tool in which to use to comprehend life...since the scriptures were either based on older greek myths (OT) or a compilation of pseudepigrapha, allegorical writings and exaggerations(NT), how does this point one to the truth? Last night I saw a video about a former atheist and she had some interesting things to say about how she used to use the term faith the way you are using it. I find it hard to accept that once you have sound reasoning and logic as a means to learn, one would turn to what you know is a fabricated lie...I don't know her, but I call BS. It is a GREAT story though, and I am sure her flock eat it right up.

nice try though Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post