The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
17-06-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help
(16-06-2014 10:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 10:54 PM)childeye Wrote:  I understand why you feel that way. In the big picture however, I think you'd agree it is brilliant. Hence you would not notice that evil destroys its self.

You've got to be kidding. If you look at the big picture, considering all that god is suppose to be (especially love), it is anything but brilliant. There are a few other choice adjectives I could come up with to better describe his plan...
You don't know his plan. The only reason you are even appalled at such a thing is because of Love. Thank you for your endorsement of Jesus Christ, I knew you had it in you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2014, 12:18 PM
(17-06-2014 12:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 10:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You've got to be kidding. If you look at the big picture, considering all that god is suppose to be (especially love), it is anything but brilliant. There are a few other choice adjectives I could come up with to better describe his plan...
You don't know his plan. The only reason you are even appalled at such a thing is because of Love. Thank you for your endorsement of Jesus Christ, I knew you had it in you.

And there, boys and girls, is a classic example of Grade A delusion. No thinking, rampant confirmation bias, and the ability to twist anything to conform to your preferences.

If a god exists, and it has a plan, neither childeye or evenheathen are privy to it. But childeye is convinced that it's a good plan, and god is love, and Jesus is his son. Someone here is making unwarranted assumptions...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-06-2014, 12:29 PM
(17-06-2014 12:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 10:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You've got to be kidding. If you look at the big picture, considering all that god is suppose to be (especially love), it is anything but brilliant. There are a few other choice adjectives I could come up with to better describe his plan...

Man you could firmly believe anything you want, no matter how ungrounded in reality it may be, but I must say that you just might be approaching "self-righteous prick" territory (and it won't be a good time there!)

Oh and thank for endorsing delusional thinking by dreaming up these claims and defining yet another sect of christianity. Going from 4000 to 4001 versions really does help your case - NOT!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
17-06-2014, 12:37 PM
(17-06-2014 12:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 12:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  You don't know his plan. The only reason you are even appalled at such a thing is because of Love. Thank you for your endorsement of Jesus Christ, I knew you had it in you.

And there, boys and girls, is a classic example of Grade A delusion. No thinking, rampant confirmation bias, and the ability to twist anything to conform to your preferences.

If a god exists, and it has a plan, neither childeye or evenheathen are privy to it. But childeye is convinced that it's a good plan, and god is love, and Jesus is his son. Someone here is making unwarranted assumptions...
It's not delusional. Christians are shown the plan of God.
17-06-2014, 12:44 PM
(17-06-2014 12:29 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 12:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  You don't know his plan. The only reason you are even appalled at such a thing is because of Love. Thank you for your endorsement of Jesus Christ, I knew you had it in you.

Man you could firmly believe anything you want, no matter how ungrounded in reality it may be, but I must say that you just might be approaching "self-righteous prick" territory (and it won't be a good time there!)

Oh and thank for endorsing delusional thinking by dreaming up these claims and defining yet another sect of christianity. Going from 4000 to 4001 versions really does help your case - NOT!
What is self righteous about saying Evenheathen doesn't know God's plan? He doesn't. You're too sensitive. Evolution kills said no ones knows God's plan, is he self righteous too? It's not delusion. Read the scriptures, Christians do get to know His plan.
17-06-2014, 12:45 PM
(17-06-2014 12:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  It's not delusional. Christians are shown the plan of God.
Do you honestly have no clue how stupid that sounds? Do you know how many of us used to be Christians? And many of us were quite devout as well - like me, for instance, who even seriously considered becoming a priest at one time (as much as it pains me to admit it now). Yet, I was never shown a plan of God. And I was every bit a "true Christian" as any other Christian. So please do explain how your statement can possibly be true then.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
17-06-2014, 12:48 PM
(17-06-2014 12:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 12:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And there, boys and girls, is a classic example of Grade A delusion. No thinking, rampant confirmation bias, and the ability to twist anything to conform to your preferences.

It's not delusional. Christians are shown the plan of God.

What chapter or page in this plan you were shown do bone cancer, parasites, and viruses appear?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
17-06-2014, 12:58 PM
(17-06-2014 12:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 12:29 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Man you could firmly believe anything you want, no matter how ungrounded in reality it may be, but I must say that you just might be approaching "self-righteous prick" territory (and it won't be a good time there!)

What is self righteous about saying Evenheathen doesn't know God's plan? He doesn't. You're too sensitive. Evolution kills said no ones knows God's plan, is he self righteous too? It's not delusion. Read the scriptures, Christians do get to know His plan.

Funny how Christians manage to come to innumerable different and mutually exclusive conclusions about that "Master Plan", eh?

What's up with that?

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
17-06-2014, 01:09 PM
(17-06-2014 12:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Do you honestly have no clue how stupid that sounds?
To a non-christian, sure.
Quote:Do you know how many of us used to be Christians?
Yes, none of you. That is easily discernible by the words you say. I can easily prove.
Quote:And many of us were quite devout as well - like me, for instance, who even seriously considered becoming a priest at one time (as much as it pains me to admit it now).

So what your saying is that you have spoken to and learned from the Holy Spirit all about God? He has shown you the truths that revealed the lies that you were held captive to? And in the subsequent humility and awesomeness of having God instruct you, you just decided you'd rather not listen? I don't believe that.
Quote: Yet, I was never shown a plan of God. And I was every bit a "true Christian" as any other Christian. So please do explain how your statement can possibly be true then.
Well obviously you are mistaking Christianity with religion. Respectfully, you thought you were a Christian.
17-06-2014, 01:26 PM
(17-06-2014 01:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 12:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Do you honestly have no clue how stupid that sounds?
To a non-christian, sure.
Quote:Do you know how many of us used to be Christians?
Yes, none of you. That is easily discernible by the words you say. I can easily prove.
Quote:And many of us were quite devout as well - like me, for instance, who even seriously considered becoming a priest at one time (as much as it pains me to admit it now).

So what your saying is that you have spoken to and learned from the Holy Spirit all about God? He has shown you the truths that revealed the lies that you were held captive to? And in the subsequent humility and awesomeness of having God instruct you, you just decided you'd rather not listen? I don't believe that.
Quote: Yet, I was never shown a plan of God. And I was every bit a "true Christian" as any other Christian. So please do explain how your statement can possibly be true then.
Well obviously you are mistaking Christianity with religion. Respectfully, you thought you were a Christian.

Have a wonderful stay in the land of self-righteous arrogance! Redefining things seems to be the lesson of the week with those pesky christians - must have been last Sunday's lesson in their local gathering.

— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post