The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
17-06-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help
(17-06-2014 01:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  
Quote: Yet, I was never shown a plan of God. And I was every bit a "true Christian" as any other Christian. So please do explain how your statement can possibly be true then.
Well obviously you are mistaking Christianity with religion. Respectfully, you thought you were a Christian.

Right, because no True Scotsman would ever believe such a thing...

You are hitting every flag stop on the failure tour today, man.

(And I quote: "Why is it that whenever someone says 'with all due respect', what they really mean is 'kiss my ass'?")

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
17-06-2014, 01:47 PM
(17-06-2014 01:32 PM)cjlr Wrote:  (And I quote: "Why is it that whenever someone says 'with all due respect', what they really mean is 'kiss my ass'?")

Because Mass Effect.

[Image: ashley_williams_.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
17-06-2014, 02:16 PM
(17-06-2014 12:58 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 12:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  What is self righteous about saying Evenheathen doesn't know God's plan? He doesn't. You're too sensitive. Evolution kills said no ones knows God's plan, is he self righteous too? It's not delusion. Read the scriptures, Christians do get to know His plan.

Funny how Christians manage to come to innumerable different and mutually exclusive conclusions about that "Master Plan", eh?

What's up with that?
You raise a valid point. One I would be happy to discuss. Most Christians are brought up in churches as in religious institutions and get sucked into the worshipping exercises. I can't speak for all of them, but many of them are just practicing religion. True mature Christians know the plan.
Ephesians 1:9

New International Version (NIV)
9 he[a] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ,
17-06-2014, 02:19 PM
(17-06-2014 02:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 12:58 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Funny how Christians manage to come to innumerable different and mutually exclusive conclusions about that "Master Plan", eh?

What's up with that?
You raise a valid point. One I would be happy to discuss. Most Christians are brought up in churches as in religious institutions and get sucked into the worshipping exercises. I can't speak for all of them, but many of them are just practicing religion. True mature Christians know the plan.

9 he[a] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ,

So what you're telling me is that no True Scotsman would disagree with you.

Gotcha. The ol' double down on failure, huh?

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
17-06-2014, 02:26 PM
(17-06-2014 02:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  You raise a valid point. One I would be happy to discuss. Most Christians are brought up in churches as in religious institutions and get sucked into the worshipping exercises. I can't speak for all of them, but many of them are just practicing religion. True mature Christians know the plan.

You say you can't speak for all of them, but continually DO speak for all others claiming to be christian, or are practicing and following the christian faith. Nobody who gets the special message that you perceive is blatantly wrong. Is it that you are also inferring other christians to not be truely mature? Even christians I know would call you out on this self-righteous BS.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
17-06-2014, 02:27 PM
(17-06-2014 01:26 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 01:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  To a non-christian, sure. Yes, none of you. That is easily discernible by the words you say. I can easily prove.
So what your saying is that you have spoken to and learned from the Holy Spirit all about God? He has shown you the truths that revealed the lies that you were held captive to? And in the subsequent humility and awesomeness of having God instruct you, you just decided you'd rather not listen? I don't believe that. Well obviously you are mistaking Christianity with religion. Respectfully, you thought you were a Christian.

Have a wonderful stay in the land of self-righteous arrogance! Redefining things seems to be the lesson of the week with those pesky christians - must have been last Sunday's lesson in their local gathering.
I am not self-righteous. It is understandable why you would think I am... But please consider that you might be mistaking arrogance for the sureness of conviction.
17-06-2014, 02:33 PM
(17-06-2014 02:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  You raise a valid point. One I would be happy to discuss. Most Christians are brought up in churches as in religious institutions and get sucked into the worshipping exercises. I can't speak for all of them, but many of them are just practicing religion. True mature Christians know the plan.

So what you're telling me is that no True Scotsman would disagree with you.

No, I'm saying that scripture even verifies that God shows True Christians what His plan is. Moreover, scripture verifies there are false christians. But Kudos to you, your cynicism is flawless.
17-06-2014, 02:34 PM
(17-06-2014 02:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  ---
True mature Christians know the plan.

"... to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ."
For the purposes of context. Shy

So, according to this "plan"... all christees should just be leaving shit up to their god and stop bothering people who don't have faith.

Sounds ok to me. Too bad you guys are fucking it up. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-06-2014, 02:42 PM
(17-06-2014 02:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 01:26 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Have a wonderful stay in the land of self-righteous arrogance! Redefining things seems to be the lesson of the week with those pesky christians - must have been last Sunday's lesson in their local gathering.
I am not self-righteous. It is understandable why you would think I am... But please consider that you might be mistaking arrogance for the sureness of conviction.

So you agree it is understandable - good cuz so do I. The craziest and most psychotic people to have been institutionalized have sureness of conviction. The difference between you and those poor folks is that their diagnosis is pretty much not disputed.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
17-06-2014, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 08:14 PM by cjlr.)
(17-06-2014 02:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  So what you're telling me is that no True Scotsman would disagree with you.

No, I'm saying that scripture even verifies that God shows True Christians what His plan is. Moreover, scripture verifies there are false christians. But Kudos to you, your cynicism is flawless.

So... you're going to go ahead and continue to disingenuously ignore the undeniable fact that the subjective personal experience of others blatantly contradicts your own, despite that being the only basis for your beliefs?

If you're too thick to connect the dots, the implied question is this:
How do you know that you are correct and others are wrong, if their subjective experiences are as compelling to them as yours are to you?

It would appear that your answer is,
"I am right because I think I am right because I feel I am right. Therefore I am right."

I can certainly grant that that is an answer.

It is a staggeringly facile and pathetic answer, but there you go.

[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post