The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
17-06-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help
(17-06-2014 02:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  No, I'm saying that scripture even verifies that God shows True Christians what His plan is. Moreover, scripture verifies there are false christians. But Kudos to you, your cynicism is flawless.

So... you're going to go ahead and continue to disingenuously ignore the undeniable fact that the subjective personal experience of others blatantly contradicts your own, despite that being the only basis for your beliefs?

If you're too thick to connect the dots, the implied question is this:
How do you know that you are correct and others are wrong, if their subjective experiences are as compelling to them as yours are to you?

It would appear that your answer is,
"I am right because I think I am right because I feel a I am right. Therefore I am right."

I can certainly grant that that is an answer.

It is a staggeringly facile and pathetic answer, but there you go.

That is as deep as that puddle goes. Believe me I know.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-06-2014, 02:46 PM
(17-06-2014 02:34 PM)kim Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:16 PM)childeye Wrote:  ---
True mature Christians know the plan.
Ephesians 1:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 he[a] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ,

"... to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ."
For the purposes of context. Shy

So, according to this "plan"... all christees should just be leaving shit up to their god and stop bothering people who don't have faith.

Sounds ok to me. Too bad you guys are fucking it up. Smile
It does not say to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment. It says it is a plan that is happening throughout time that will be completed at the end of time.
17-06-2014, 02:47 PM
(17-06-2014 02:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  So what you're telling me is that no True Scotsman would disagree with you.

Gotcha. The ol' double down on failure, huh?
No, I'm saying that scripture even verifies that God shows True Christians what His plan is. Moreover, scripture verifies there are false christians. But Kudos to you, your cynicism is flawless.

According to my knowledge and experience, you are not a TRUE Christian. Can you accept my biblical, and personally justified view?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
17-06-2014, 02:48 PM
(17-06-2014 02:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  So... you're going to go ahead and continue to disingenuously ignore the undeniable fact that the subjective personal experience of others blatantly contradicts your own, despite that being the only basis for your beliefs?

If you're too thick to connect the dots, the implied question is this:
How do you know that you are correct and others are wrong, if their subjective experiences are as compelling to them as yours are to you?

It would appear that your answer is,
"I am right because I think I am right because I feel a I am right. Therefore I am right."

I can certainly grant that that is an answer.

It is a staggeringly facile and pathetic answer, but there you go.

That is as deep as that puddle goes. Believe me I know.

Oh, I'm quite aware of his boundless vacuity.
(and, indeed, your own exploration of his lack of depth - that's a matter of public record!)

It's sad that such mindsets persist. If nothing else, I guess life's a lot easier when you've got plenty of circular, unfalsifiable answers...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
17-06-2014, 02:52 PM
(17-06-2014 02:42 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  I am not self-righteous. It is understandable why you would think I am... But please consider that you might be mistaking arrogance for the sureness of conviction.

So you agree it is understandable - good cuz so do I. The craziest and most psychotic people to have been institutionalized have sureness of conviction. The difference between you and those poor folks is that their diagnosis is pretty much not disputed.
Wow, you really got me there. OH...OOOHH...I MUST BE INSANEAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
17-06-2014, 02:54 PM
(17-06-2014 02:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  It does not say to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment. It says it is a plan that is happening throughout time that will be completed at the end of time.

Uh... I went with your NIV and that's the exact wording I got ... here's a screen shot...
[Image: Screenshot_zps0e68a2c0.jpg]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-06-2014, 02:56 PM
(17-06-2014 02:47 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  No, I'm saying that scripture even verifies that God shows True Christians what His plan is. Moreover, scripture verifies there are false christians. But Kudos to you, your cynicism is flawless.

According to my knowledge and experience, you are not a TRUE Christian. Can you accept my biblical, and personally justified view?
Of course not. You don't even believe in God to begin with. That's like a blind person trying to tell a seeing person how the sky is not beautiful.
17-06-2014, 03:11 PM
(17-06-2014 02:54 PM)kim Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  It does not say to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment. It says it is a plan that is happening throughout time that will be completed at the end of time.

Uh... I went with your NIV and that's the exact wording I got ... here's a screen shot...
[Image: Screenshot_zps0e68a2c0.jpg]
Thanks. My apologies, I thought you were making that up. Sorry.

I do not agree with that translation and here's why below... Please note that these scriptures are not valid unless the plan was from the beginning. Moreover the writer of these scriptures knows there is a plan to create children of God, otherwise he could not say what he says.

1 Corinthians 15:45-46

King James Version
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual

Hebrews 10:1

King James Version (KJV)
10 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
17-06-2014, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 04:07 PM by kim.)
(17-06-2014 03:11 PM)childeye Wrote:  Thanks. My apologies, I thought you were making that up. Sorry.

Why would I ...HOW would I make up shit like that? I mean, I realize this is all fan fiction ... but uh ... I'm not exactly a fan.
The atheist sign out front should have been a clue.

Perhaps you are used to your christee friends making up shit? Try not to expect similar sneakiness from people before you get to know them.

I am disappoint ... yet, no surprise. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
17-06-2014, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 03:40 PM by Timber1025.)
(17-06-2014 02:56 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:47 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  According to my knowledge and experience, you are not a TRUE Christian. Can you accept my biblical, and personally justified view?
Of course not. You don't even believe in God to begin with. That's like a blind person trying to tell a seeing person how the sky is not beautiful.

I personally do not need to believe but I have dozens of family members, friends, and church leaders with which I have learned from, along with many hours of researching the christian faith, teachings, and scriptures. I do claim that based on my knowledge and experiences, you are not a TRUE christian.

I also let my baptist aunt read your description of chritians and she also called you not a TRUE christian - so 2 to 1 there!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post