The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
17-06-2014, 06:48 PM
RE: The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help
(17-06-2014 05:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 05:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  Whoever is in the body of Christ is led by the Holy Spirit. That is a Christian. Moreover I do not need your or her approval. The Spirit its self bears witness.

Can we chose which body part in Jebus we want to be in ?
No, we can't.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2014, 06:48 PM
(17-06-2014 06:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  The Truth is a Spirit, a person whom without, we are simply pawns of the enemy who rules through deception.

So.
If your deity is love, who is this enemy you speak of, childish ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-06-2014, 06:55 PM
(17-06-2014 06:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 04:28 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You totally missed the point. Drinking Beverage

Ah, the no true Scotsman FALLACY. Again, you missed it. I was once something like you, had very strong faith, and was 100% positive that I would never lose it. Jesus was real, Jesus was God, Jesus was my savior, and nothing truly mattered in life except to the extent that it contributed to my ultimate salvation. I was every bit a Christian as anyone else - and frankly more than some who are Christian in name only. I went to church, not weekly, but daily. I gave up many things to ensure I wasn't distracted from my "calling". And I spent a lot of time learning about the doctrines of my faith. There is no reason God wouldn't have revealed his plan to me if, as you say, he does so to all Christians.

Go ahead. I'm all ears. Drinking Beverage

Sort of, but not quite.Regarding the "revealed the lies you were held captive to" part, what lies would those be? And no, I didn't "decide" anything nor was it about "rather not listen" at all. The real truth became apparent to me the more I learned about myself, people in general, science, history, and psychology. In fact, when my faith first started to vanish, I prayed extensively for God to help me get it back because I was scared to death of what was happening quite out of my control. I certainly didn't choose and it wasn't even what I wanted at the time. But I refused (and still do) to look at some things that are as obvious as 1 + 1 = 2 and insist 1 + 1 = something else because some god concept says so. No, it was the god concept that had to go.

Wrong. I was a Christian. So please do prove to me that I wasn't as you claimed you "easily" could do. Rolleyes
Okay, let me show you the differences between you and me. But please understand I mean no offense. The first thing I notice is you say you had very strong faith. Faith in what exactly? You then proceed to elaborate further saying this, "Jesus was real, Jesus was God, Jesus was my savior, and nothing truly mattered in life except to the extent that it contributed to my ultimate salvation".
My faith is in the fact that it is a great Love that would sacrifice one's self for others, as sure as it is not love to sacrifice others for one's self. That is an undeniable Truth to me. Undeniable. It is just the way it is. Jesus is real alright, as in keeping it real. So I would never say I believe in the Spirit of Christ for the sake of my salvation. That is a self serving reason to believe in Jesus.

Your statement "Jesus was real, Jesus was God" indicates a faith based upon superstition, not the Truth that is revealed in the Christ. Your statement 100% positive I would never lose it, yet you lost it, also emphasizes you were not believing in the undeniable Truth revealed in the Christ. As scripture says, No greater Love can be shown then for one to lay down his life for his friends. He is indeed the good shepherd. And because his Love is such, he is trustworthy. It doesn't matter if Jesus was real as you say, it only matters that Love is real and valued above all else, for God is Love.

The fact that you would ask what lies I am referring to, means you have never heard from the Holy Spirit. Nor has he guided your steps to see all the lies that would cause a man to sacrifice others for themselves. He has not shown you, your errors made in pride and the spirits of darkness that reside under those lies. He has not revealed to you why pride exists in humanity and the lie that one must believe for it to exist. Hence I say you were practicing religion. There are countless lies but only one Truth. The simple Truth reveals all lies as hypocrisy, Love God with all your heart mind and soul is to Love Love as the most valued of attributes we can perceive. To love others as you would want to be loved is the opposite of hypocrisy. Anyone who does to others what they would not want done to them is practicing hypocrisy and their reasoning is based upon a lie. The Truth is a Spirit, a person whom without, we are simply pawns of the enemy who rules through deception.

sigh

self delusion never ceases to amaze me. How do you know the voice in your head is a magical being, and not just a voice in your head. incidentally, they have meds for that now. "you have never heard from the holy spirit" and I would bet my life, neither have you. Religion is the lie, especially since it is based on a book riddled with lies, pseudipigrapha, analogies and exaggerations. How do you know of god? What is the basis of your faith? Faith - the belief in something without evidence. Delusion - A belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary...i.e. religion. Your spirit, this imaginary transcendent relationship with a fairy tale is such a sad way to live life, and a false methodology in which to comprehend the world around you.

I've never really understood how removing a bad way to reason will make it difficult to get through the day. If anything, it would seem that correcting someone's reasoning would significantly increase their chances of getting through their day.

With reliable forms of reasoning comes the capability of crafting conditions that enable people to navigate life's obstacles. By using a more reliable form of reasoning, people are more capable of bringing about conditions that enable them to flourish.

To argue that people need faith is to abandon hope, and to condescend and accuse the faithful of being incapable of understanding the importance of reason and rationality. There are better and worse ways to come to terms with death, to find strength during times of personal crisis, to make meaning and purpose in our lives, to interpret our sense of awe and wonder, and to contribute to human well-being...and the faithful are completely capable of understanding and achieving this..if they would only try.

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-06-2014, 06:57 PM
(17-06-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 06:39 PM)childeye Wrote:  The Truth is a Spirit, a person whom without, we are simply pawns of the enemy who rules through deception.

So.
The enemy is Satan. King over all the children of pride.
17-06-2014, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 07:11 PM by Free Thought.)
(17-06-2014 06:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So.

Yes, yes, we know; Satan dun be bad, and all-powerful god can't do shit about him.

What I want to know is how a deity apparently comprised of love can have an enemy. 'Cause the whole 'love' thing would be something of an inhibitor in respect to the whole 'having an enemy' deal.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-06-2014, 07:08 PM
(17-06-2014 06:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 06:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So.

satan, spongebob, zeus, mithra, scooby doo, bigfoot, jesus...all made up.

Goldilocks 3:14 Thou shalt not sleep in other people's beds

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-06-2014, 07:11 PM
(17-06-2014 06:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 06:09 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  IDK, you calling my sweet aunt a liar childlike, I mean childeye. I can take the judgment because as you said, I don't delude myself on purpose, but she is convinced her 40 years as a Christian supports her claim that you not a TRUE Christian. I am going with her view unless you can prove this opinion false.
So you showed your Aunt what I said, "Whoever is in the body of Christ is led by the Holy Spirit", and she said that is not true?

Your bogus definition of god is what proves you to be a confused pseudo-Christian. She is the expert!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
17-06-2014, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 07:24 PM by GirlyMan.)

The Truth is The Word and The Word is Love and you still gonna die and it will be as it was before you were born. You Christians are the ones being deceived by a bullshit promise of some postmortem preservation of identity. You are the unwitting victims of The Deceiver. You are the true Satanists. Silly goslingeye. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-06-2014, 07:29 PM
(17-06-2014 06:55 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  self delusion never ceases to amaze me. How do you know the voice in your head is a magical being, and not just a voice in your head.

Trick question. I don't have a voice in my head. It's in my heart. And it isn't a magical being. As I said, He is Spirit. What He reveals is self evident. So instead of making fun of it and thinking you're clever, why don't you tell me what exactly is delusional about Loving Love and Loving others as myself?
Quote: "you have never heard from the holy spirit" and I would bet my life, neither have you.
Really? So again tell me what is delusional about loving Love and loving others as myself. The Holy Spirit of Truth teaches that. Is it true or not?
Quote: Religion is the lie, especially since it is based on a book riddled with lies, pseudipigrapha, analogies and exaggerations. How do you know of god? What is the basis of your faith? Faith - the belief in something without evidence.
I have no such faith as you have described. I have faith in Love,. There is plenty of evidence for Love.
Quote: Delusion - A belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary...i.e. religion.

I am not a religious person as I see it. Truth is not a religion. It is just the way it is. Again, what is delusional about loving Love and loving others as myself. For that is the Truth where I put my faith.

Quote:I've never really understood how removing a bad way to reason will make it difficult to get through the day. If anything, it would seem that correcting someone's reasoning would significantly increase their chances of getting through their day.
I agree, removing a bad way of reasoning is a good thing. So what is wrong with not wanting to reason hypocritically? That is why I appreciate loving others as I would want to be loved, which governs my moral reasoning.

Quote:With reliable forms of reasoning comes the capability of crafting conditions that enable people to navigate life's obstacles. By using a more reliable form of reasoning, people are more capable of bringing about conditions that enable them to flourish.
Well said. Exactly why I agree with the Christ.
Quote:To argue that people need faith is to abandon hope, and to condescend and accuse the faithful of being incapable of understanding the importance of reason and rationality. There are better and worse ways to come to terms with death, to find strength during times of personal crisis, to make meaning and purpose in our lives, to interpret our sense of awe and wonder, and to contribute to human well-being...and the faithful are completely capable of understanding and achieving this..if they would only try.

Your definition of faith is really just follow blindly. That is nowhere to be found in scripture. Last night I saw a video about a former atheist and she had some interesting things to say about how she used to use the term faith the way you are using it. She said she never imagined that it meant something else. Such misunderstandings confound the reasoning which result in false conclusions and assumptions. The spirits that reside in that falsehood then become manifested in the persons psyche.
17-06-2014, 07:36 PM
(17-06-2014 07:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

The Truth is The Word and The Word is Love and you still gonna die and it will be as it was before you were born. You Christians are the ones being deceived by a bullshit promise of some postmortem preservation of identity. You are the unwitting victims of The Deceiver. You are the true Satanists. Silly goslingeye. Tongue
Respectfully, I have not said anything about wanting to not die as the reason to trust in Jesus in any of my posts. I did say, it would be self serving to trust in him only for that reason. Please tell me how I am deceived because I love Love?