The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
17-06-2014, 07:42 PM
RE: The Old Testament and the New Covenant--help
(17-06-2014 07:11 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 06:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  So you showed your Aunt what I said, "Whoever is in the body of Christ is led by the Holy Spirit", and she said that is not true?

Your bogus definition of god is what proves you to be a confused pseudo-Christian. She is the expert!
My definition of God is, God is Love.
1 John 4:8
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2014, 07:53 PM
(17-06-2014 07:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 06:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  The enemy is Satan. King over all the children of pride.

Yes, yes, we know; Satan dun be bad, and all-powerful god can't do shit about him.

What I want to know is how a deity apparently comprised of love can have an enemy. 'Cause the whole 'love' thing would be something of an inhibitor in respect to the whole 'having an enemy' deal.
Consider that if I say Love causes a person to love others as themselves, then the enemy would cause people to not love others as themselves. The reason there exists an enemy to Love is because of vanity. Vanity is the usurping of God's power by taking the Godly attributes of the Creator as one's own in vanity wherein one worships the creature over the Creator...
17-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Just for old time's sake. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-06-2014, 08:21 PM
(17-06-2014 07:53 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 07:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yes, yes, we know; Satan dun be bad, and all-powerful god can't do shit about him.

What I want to know is how a deity apparently comprised of love can have an enemy. 'Cause the whole 'love' thing would be something of an inhibitor in respect to the whole 'having an enemy' deal.
Consider that if I say Love causes a person to love others as themselves, then the enemy would cause people to not love others as themselves. The reason there exists an enemy to Love is because of vanity. Vanity is the usurping of God's power by taking the Godly attributes of the Creator as one's own in vanity wherein one worships the creature over the Creator...

How exactly does one usurp the power of an supposedly infinitely powerful and all-knowing thing?
Surely the power supposedly being usurped would be impossible to supplant, as it is supposed to be from a source of all-power. Unless of course you are willing to alleged that 'Vanity' is of equal capacity to your deity and thus be able to take the place of it.

And how does one even usurp something from a supposedly all-knowing being anyway? They'd know it was going to happen long before it did anyway; therefore if said being doesn't do anything about it prior to it's occurrence it's not really usurping is it? Usurping is done illegally, or at the very least, without permission, so if nothing is done about it from a perspective of long-prior knowledge, that may as well be implicit approval of said usurping making it not really usurping at all.

And if said being did do something about the supposed power-usurping, then whence cometh usurpers?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
17-06-2014, 08:31 PM
(17-06-2014 07:42 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 07:11 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Your bogus definition of god is what proves you to be a confused pseudo-Christian. She is the expert!

Nope, other lines of scripture can be quoted that say otherwise. And in case it was not apparent, your heart is just a muscle and cannot speak to you!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
17-06-2014, 09:48 PM
(17-06-2014 07:11 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Your bogus definition of god is what proves you to be a confused pseudo-Christian. She is the expert!

Exodus 34:14 (NASB)
for you shall not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God

We can quote your stupid fan-fiction back at you all day. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
17-06-2014, 10:03 PM

LOL yeah that's real love there, killing off the entire population of the planet.

Fucking idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
17-06-2014, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2014 10:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-06-2014 07:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 07:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The Truth is The Word and The Word is Love and you still gonna die and it will be as it was before you were born. You Christians are the ones being deceived by a bullshit promise of some postmortem preservation of identity. You are the unwitting victims of The Deceiver. You are the true Satanists. Silly goslingeye. Tongue
Respectfully, I have not said anything about wanting to not die as the reason to trust in Jesus in any of my posts. I did say, it would be self serving to trust in him only for that reason. Please tell me how I am deceived because I love Love?

Still, you gonna die. Try not to be an asshole while you're here. Not only can you be a Christian without believing in some bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity, it's a prerequisite for understanding and appreciating The Word. Tongue

#sigh
17-06-2014, 10:15 PM
(17-06-2014 12:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 09:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Deuteronomy 21:18-21
18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Yes god is love. La la la la lalala lala lalala
You're right, this is not Love. Thank you for your endorsement of Jesus Christ, I knew you had it in you.

Your fairy tale says that your jeebus is your deity in the flesh. Same person. Your fairy tale book takes a dim view on your lying.

(17-06-2014 12:08 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(16-06-2014 10:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You've got to be kidding. If you look at the big picture, considering all that god is suppose to be (especially love), it is anything but brilliant. There are a few other choice adjectives I could come up with to better describe his plan...
You don't know his plan. The only reason you are even appalled at such a thing is because of Love. Thank you for your endorsement of Jesus Christ, I knew you had it in you.

LOL this assclown thinks it speaks for its fairy tale monster. Reads its mind and all.

I am waiting for apologies from everyone who whined about me jacking this shitstain up. You know who you are.

17-06-2014, 10:19 PM
(17-06-2014 01:09 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 12:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Do you honestly have no clue how stupid that sounds?
To a non-christian, sure.
Quote:Do you know how many of us used to be Christians?
Yes, none of you. That is easily discernible by the words you say. I can easily prove.
Quote:And many of us were quite devout as well - like me, for instance, who even seriously considered becoming a priest at one time (as much as it pains me to admit it now).

So what your saying is that you have spoken to and learned from the Holy Spirit all about God? He has shown you the truths that revealed the lies that you were held captive to? And in the subsequent humility and awesomeness of having God instruct you, you just decided you'd rather not listen? I don't believe that.
Quote: Yet, I was never shown a plan of God. And I was every bit a "true Christian" as any other Christian. So please do explain how your statement can possibly be true then.
Well obviously you are mistaking Christianity with religion. Respectfully, you thought you were a Christian.

[Image: card.jpg]