The On Guard Conference video answers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 08:09 PM
The On Guard Conference video answers
Alright, so I've found the videos for the On Guard conference that I asked the questions that you guys had provided for me.

I realize now how nervous I sounded when I asked the questions, but still, I have them now.

So here's the first one I want to show you guys:

It's not necessary to watch the whole video, but if you wish to, that's fine.

I mainly wanted to show you me asking your questions and their responses to them.

I start asking the question at about 1:24:34

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ideasonscribe's post
30-09-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: The On Guard Conference video answers
Is that you at 1:25:00? Wow! you're all famous and shit, on TV! Big Grin

Sorry, couldn't help but throw that in there. Looks like you did fine. I mean, I got a few minutes past where you ask about "special pleading" and the theist dude goes, " we can't conceptualize..."

And the internal Neil deGrasse Tyson goes," that's where you stop talking," but of course, theist dude goes on... good job. Thumbsup

I go se morez.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 08:22 PM
LOL Well, I'm a bit nervous in the video as you might can tell. I also look like a total geek haha.

But to be honest, I really did not care much for just about any of the answers I got.
I'm still going to post them here because I said I would.

But hey! Can anyone tell me what that is on the shirt I'm wearing? ^_^

Edit: As I've skimmed through the On Guard Conference videos available, it looks like they haven't uploaded all of them yet. They are either in the process of doing so or are just not going to upload the others.

—Jeremy LaBorde
30-09-2012, 08:22 PM
How does he know his god is atemporal?

Either he's making it up, or he goes back to the Bible, which I can disprove.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
30-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow Guys, I found another one... and this ones kind of Comical XDDD

Ok, I start asking the question some time around or just a few seconds after 1:02:00

So here's the vid:

I think I aggravated William Lane Craig though... did I? lol

—Jeremy LaBorde
30-09-2012, 08:39 PM
(30-09-2012 08:33 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I think I aggravated William Lane Craig though... did I? lol

You are getting to be my hero for the day. Big Grin

And you kinda look like my kid. You ain't talking smack about my kid, are you? Evil_monster

30-09-2012, 08:41 PM
(30-09-2012 08:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And you kinda look like my kid. You ain't talking smack about my kid, are you? Evil_monster

Say whaaaa?

Well, so far in these vids, you can only see me from the side. Perhaps I just look like him from the side lol

—Jeremy LaBorde
30-09-2012, 08:44 PM
(30-09-2012 08:41 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 08:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And you kinda look like my kid. You ain't talking smack about my kid, are you? Evil_monster

Say whaaaa?

Well, so far in these vids, you can only see me from the side. Perhaps I just look like him from the side lol

I'll come up with a pic laterz. I'm about ready to go Gunzerker in the Borderlands, right now. Thumbsup

30-09-2012, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2012 09:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-09-2012 08:09 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I start asking the question at about 1:24:34[/b][/u]

Yup. He could not deal with the question. Interesting.
He kept confusing himself talking about the universe, which is not what was asked.
He was clearly suprised by the Special Pleading part of the question, and still just exempted himself from answering it. It's about Linguistic integrity. If the words actually mean something in the English language, they can't, for their one instance, redefine them for their special case, and expect anyone to take the argument seriously.
Ask : "is god a sentient being ?". If the answer is yes, the processing of information requires time.

I don't see the irritation, with Craig. Sounds like he never intended to really answer the question, just continue to preach, by his usual script.
1. If god created the universe, did he have a reason ? (Craig says he didn't *have* to have one, but it was an act of grace). So the reason was, he wished to be benevolent.
2. If he didn't have one, god acts capriciously, and is irrational.
3. If god DID have a reason, the reason exists, outside god himself, which had to come from somewhere, (and that means god is doing something by referring to a system, (even if immaginary), of benevolence, (or levels of benevolence), which actually exist, (even if just in gods mind), but it's STILL referencing a ...sorry, broken record here... a structure in Reality, of benevolence. Surely they don't say god IS benevolence. Benevolence would be a property, (even if infinte), of god. Where did the system of properties come from, to refer to, in god's mind ? It's a structure, with levels, and an opposite, all of which are not properties of the god.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-09-2012, 09:30 PM
(30-09-2012 09:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 08:09 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I start asking the question at about 1:24:34[/b][/u]

Yup. He could not deal with the question. Interesting.
He kept confusing himself talking about the universe, which is not what was asked.
He was clearly suprised by the Special Pleading part of the question, and still just exempted himself from answering it. It's about Linguistic integrity. If the words actually mean something in the English language, they can't, for their won instance, redefine them for their special case, and expect anyone to take the argument seriously.

In his defense, he did say, and I paraphrase, "I can't cover that bet."

I'm a mofo evangelical atheist in that, I don't know shit (cept my Gwynnies), and I can make allowances for those who back away from the ledge of the absolute. Undecided

(won instance. Dammit Bucky, encouraging the grammar nazi in moi.)