The Onion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2012, 06:15 AM
The Onion
I don't know how many of you are subscribed to it but every now and then they come out with some awesomely funny stuff!

This Week In History: Sears Tower Constructed With Bold Challenge To God Engraved On Roof

Lots of good videos over the last few weeks. I love the skyscraper!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
18-05-2012, 06:34 AM
RE: The Onion
WTF is this, this is great. But I am confused at how much is real and how much is farce. So, is there a sign on Sears Towers? Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
18-05-2012, 07:09 AM
That was awesome!.

Quote: as an attempt to let the supreme creator know. That if he's got a problem, he can either stay up in heaven like a little bitch, Or settle things once and for all by nutting up and coming down to earth.

[Image: smiley-laughing010.gif]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
18-05-2012, 07:26 AM
(18-05-2012 06:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  WTF is this, this is great. But I am confused at how much is real and how much is farce. So, is there a sign on Sears Towers? Smile
http://www.theonion.com/ is one of the best news outlets on the web.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-05-2012, 08:45 AM
(18-05-2012 07:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 06:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  WTF is this, this is great. But I am confused at how much is real and how much is farce. So, is there a sign on Sears Towers? Smile
http://www.theonion.com/ is one of the best news outlets on the web.
Er, the Onion is one of the best 'news' outlets on the web.

No, no sign on the tower.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
18-05-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't know why but I rarely like outright humour attached to my news. I had the same issue with Royal Canadian Air Farce, This Hour Has Twenty Two Minutes etc. The closest I've come to genuinely liking comedy and news inter-spliced would have to be The Daily Show.

I don't know why.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
18-05-2012, 09:04 AM
(18-05-2012 09:00 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't know why but I rarely like outright humour attached to my news. I had the same issue with Royal Canadian Air Farce, This Hour Has Twenty Two Minutes etc. The closest I've come to genuinely liking comedy and news inter-spliced would have to be The Daily Show.

I don't know why.
I enjoy the headlines from places like The Onion, but otherwise I agree with you. Once you have had the punchline it feels like an effort to continue reading or listening to the satire. That's probably why I like The Daily Show because the jokes are quick and many.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-05-2012, 12:00 PM
(18-05-2012 09:00 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't know why.

Because you're a believer. The news ain't news, it's sensationalized entertainment.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
19-05-2012, 12:07 PM
I love The Onion. Their news cast on IFC is a riot. I actually thought it was Fox News when I first came across it. Broole Alvarez the anchor embodies everything wrong with the media today.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I can't say I believe anything I read or see on tv. I mostly get my news from everywheres minus fox news on tv as that's just hard to watch.
I've always known that not one source will give you all of the goods. Even if they don't have a bias they might just not have the best sources.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison