The Onion does it again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2014, 05:41 PM
The Onion does it again
Biologists Confirm God Evolved From Chimpanzee Deity

Quote:BERKELEY, CA—Challenging long-held views on the origins of divinity, biologists at the University of California, Berkeley, presented findings Thursday that confirm God, the Almighty Creator of the Universe, evolved from an ancient chimpanzee deity.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/biologi...dei,35755/

This just popped up on a biological anthropology facebook group I follow.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like ghostexorcist's post
10-04-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: The Onion does it again
I gather you like apes. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
10-04-2014, 05:59 PM
(10-04-2014 05:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I gather you like apes. Smile

They are my focus at university. However, the statue thread and this one were not planned out. The Onion article popped up on a biological anthropology facebook group I follow after I had created the thread about the statue. And given the nature of the article, I figured the members here would like it.
10-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Very cool. They are interesting creatures indeed.

Are you enjoying your studies?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-04-2014, 06:35 PM
I wonder how people on both sides of the debate on my facebook will feel about my sharing this.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
10-04-2014, 07:09 PM
(10-04-2014 06:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Very cool. They are interesting creatures indeed.

Are you enjoying your studies?

It's enriching because I helps me understand why I do the things I do. However, most of my studies have been via books and videos. I haven't done any face to face interaction with living primates. The nearest zoo is about an hour away and I never have any time to go there.