The Onion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2012, 12:51 PM
RE: The Onion
I hate the onion, I can't count how many times I fell for their untruthful "news" and thought they were true... Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
19-05-2012, 04:17 PM
(19-05-2012 12:51 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I hate the onion, I can't count how many times I fell for their untruthful "news" and thought they were true... Tongue
Well then stop going to their website, silly!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-05-2012, 08:56 PM
(19-05-2012 12:51 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I hate the onion, I can't count how many times I fell for their untruthful "news" and thought they were true... Tongue
Thats a problem when satire is done well. It's hard to distinguish from the real thing.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
19-05-2012, 09:17 PM
(19-05-2012 08:56 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
Thats a problem when satire is done well. It's hard to distinguish from the real thing.
Yes! Years ago ... when that idiot Rush Limbaugh was just starting out, I actually thought he was a comedian like Stephen Colbert, mocking the right wing!! He was quite a bit more tame then than he is now.

It took a while before I could see that he was actually sincere in everything he spouted; the douche. It really caught me off guard, but at least that was kind of a directional to let me know what to expect from those kind of extremists from then on.
Confused Laughat

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-05-2012, 09:34 PM
One thing I miss about not having a TV is that I don't see stuff like HIGNFY or The Day Today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-05-2012, 10:32 PM
The onion is OK, but you really have to see literally unbelievable[1] - a site that snapshots people's reactions to the onion's "news".
http://literallyunbelievable.org

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.