The Origin Of Species? ...1 star...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 09:40 PM
The Origin Of Species? ...1 star...
Every once in a while, while looking up books online, the thought occurs to me to look a the losses rated comments. This is usually interesting because I'm mostly looking up science based books, and it's always interesting to see what the nut jobs have to say.

This time just for fun, as I already own the book and don't need to purchase it, I decided to see what people said about The Origin of Species. I found this particular one star rating, particularly ironic...

"This book is a very interesting work of fiction. Its too bad that so many people take it seriously, though. Darwin had a great imagination, but with no scientific evidence to support it, its just a fable. I can't believe people are so gullible as to believe the things written in here. I'm judging it as a work of fiction. Its imaginative, but its lacking. One star."

Very ironic.....

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
09-12-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: The Origin Of Species? ...1 star...
Figures. There was one version that got a ton of 1 star reviews...by atheists. 'Why?' you may ask. Because there was some 40 or so page introduction written by Banana Man Ray Comfort, spewing a bunch of creationist bullshit.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
09-12-2013, 10:39 PM
(09-12-2013 10:26 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Figures. There was one version that got a ton of 1 star reviews...by atheists. 'Why?' you may ask. Because there was some 40 or so page introduction written by Banana Man Ray Comfort, spewing a bunch of creationist bullshit.

Yes! There were 50 pages added by Ray Comfort promoting a bunch of creationist crap and he also took out 4 chapters that deal with specific evolutionary facts. They were completely gone! The fifty pages he added were nice and easy to read and the rest of the Origin of Species text was difficult to read as it was small print from the original book. Because this is a book 150 years old it is in public domain therefore free and he handed these free copies with the added 50 pages out across several campuses in the the US. Pure propaganda. The guys a jerk of the first order.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Holyshit! That's madness! I didn't know any of that.

Ray's a douche.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
09-12-2013, 10:55 PM
He's a creatard.

That's worse than a douche.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post