The Origins of Christian Philosophy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 10:14 PM by Deltabravo.)
RE: The Origins of Christian Philosophy
It seems from what I have read, that Eleazar b. Azariah was a Nazarine, as was Josphus Flavian and Queen Helena and her son Izates? and also Jesus of Gamala? A Nazarite also became a Roman Emperor.

The point I am trying to develop is that if Jesus was actually based in part on a leader of the Jewish revolt, then people who lived in the Near East at the time, and soon after converted to Christianity would have been unlikely to have had the New Testament to read, so where did they get their version of Christian philosophy and did it refer to Jesus as the son of god, etc.? And, TA DA, the only work I have found so far calls him a "servant of God". And, it doesn't take the form of a narrative about him. It sets out a moral philosophical position. All of which is what I would expect if Christianity was based on teachings of the Essenes or Nazarites and predates a Jesus who converted to their religion.

This picture of Jesus is also supported by the Muslim view of him as a knight on horseback with spear who is going to return and slay the "false messiah".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 10:33 PM by Deltabravo.)
I was going to post something but it seems that getting to the bottom of what Christian philosophy is, isn't actually something very many people here are interested in, unless it involves finding a guy in white robes who was a Buddhist. That would be ok.
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2014, 11:59 PM
(06-05-2014 02:11 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  It seems from what I have read, that Eleazar b. Azariah was a Nazarine, as was Josphus Flavian and Queen Helena and her son Izates? and also Jesus of Gamala? A Nazarite also became a Roman Emperor.

The point I am trying to develop is that if Jesus was actually based in part on a leader of the Jewish revolt, then people who lived in the Near East at the time, and soon after converted to Christianity would have been unlikely to have had the New Testament to read, so where did they get their version of Christian philosophy and did it refer to Jesus as the son of god, etc.? And, TA DA, the only work I have found so far calls him a "servant of God". And, it doesn't take the form of a narrative about him. It sets out a moral philosophical position. All of which is what I would expect if Christianity was based on teachings of the Essenes or Nazarites and predates a Jesus who converted to their religion.

This picture of Jesus is also supported by the Muslim view of him as a knight on horseback with spear who is going to return and slay the "false messiah".

"then people who lived in the Near East at the time, and soon after converted to Christianity would have been unlikely to have had the New Testament to read, so where did they get their version of Christian philosophy and did it refer to Jesus as the son of god, etc.?"

Christianity barely existed anywhere in the first century. Forget the book of Acts...it is not historical.

I think of it like this...."Christianity," pre war, was Paul's nonsense. He almost certainly knew nothing of a flesh and blood Jesus. He was a two-bit propagandist...an employee of the Roman government.

After the war, the gospels were written. This was a more serious attempt by the government to undermine Judaism.

In the second century, Paul's mythical Christ was written into the gospels.

The "Jesus", if he ever was a real person, was never a Christian, but a fundamentalist Jew. So were his disciples and family.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2014, 12:03 AM
(06-05-2014 10:26 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I was going to post something but it seems that getting to the bottom of what Christian philosophy is, isn't actually something very many people here are interested in, unless it involves finding a guy in white robes who was a Buddhist. That would be ok.

"what Christian philosophy is,"

That's easy...it's propaganda designed to control the behaviour and tax the income of peasants and slaves. Nothing much has changed today.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user