The Oz Series

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 12:20 AM
The Oz Series
Who around here knows of the original Oz books series started in 1900 and stopped in 1920 after author L. Frank Baum's death in 1919?

The Oz books are typically fun to read. They contain fantasy, humor, philosophy, and universal themes.

I am me, and only me. Love me as I am, or hate me as I am. If you hate me as I am, I still love me as I am. But I will then have to hate you as you are. But if you like me as the one I am, I can easily like you as you are. I am an awesome individual and should be known of, and understood only by just such.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 03:59 AM
RE: The Oz Series
Funny how they stopped after his death Smile

I only remember one book about a demon that granted wishes in a twilight zone esque story.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
05-12-2013, 05:16 AM
I meant the actual series stopped after his death. All the books he wrote of the series are in public domain. The series was took over in 1921 by Ruth Plumly Thompson. Who was actually a total ditz who never should have had it passed down to her. Then her and formerly Baum's illustrator John R. Neil wrote a few up to the midpoint of World War 2. Then later a few more came along from three new writers. Since the 1957 or so, the Baum books have gone to public domain and SO much has been done based around his books alone for the last thirty years.

I am me, and only me. Love me as I am, or hate me as I am. If you hate me as I am, I still love me as I am. But I will then have to hate you as you are. But if you like me as the one I am, I can easily like you as you are. I am an awesome individual and should be known of, and understood only by just such.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2013, 10:01 AM
I seem to recall that Kim is a fan.

Or maybe I'm just remembering that she's from Kansas.

Find all posts by this user