The Parental Guilt Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2013, 09:21 AM
The Parental Guilt Trip
My mother has been trying and failing to guilt trip into believing in "god". From saying maybe blindness will be healed if I believe again(news flash not sure I ever did), to her accusing me of being mentally ill and trying to get to see a shrink. She keeps saying I hate god and I'm anti-Christian but I keep telling her you hate thing that aren't real! It's like one big loop. Sigh. I can't even move out until I'm finished with Braille. Joy (sarcasm).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: The Parental Guilt Trip
Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2013, 09:24 AM
(09-08-2013 09:21 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  My mother has been trying and failing to guilt trip into believing in "god". From saying maybe blindness will be healed if I believe again(news flash not sure I ever did), to her accusing me of being mentally ill and trying to get to see a shrink. She keeps saying I hate god and I'm anti-Christian but I keep telling her you hate thing that aren't real! It's like one big loop. Sigh. I can't even move out until I'm finished with Braille. Joy (sarcasm).

Tell her to fuck off (in those exact words too). You are able to make your own decisions without her trying to interfere with your life.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
09-08-2013, 09:25 AM
(09-08-2013 09:24 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-08-2013 09:21 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  My mother has been trying and failing to guilt trip into believing in "god". From saying maybe blindness will be healed if I believe again(news flash not sure I ever did), to her accusing me of being mentally ill and trying to get to see a shrink. She keeps saying I hate god and I'm anti-Christian but I keep telling her you hate thing that aren't real! It's like one big loop. Sigh. I can't even move out until I'm finished with Braille. Joy (sarcasm).

Tell her to fuck off (in those exact words too). You are able to make your own decisions without her trying to interfere with your life.

if only life was so simple.....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-08-2013, 09:26 AM
(09-08-2013 09:25 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  if only life was so simple.....

What's wrong with doing that? I've done it multiple times to family members. Drinking Beverage

09-08-2013, 09:31 AM
My respect for logica just grew

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
09-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Well,if she keeps insisting you are hating jesus and just mad,just ignore her

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
09-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Tell her to repent to Cthulhu before he rises from his dark house in the mighty city of R'lyeh under the waters and devours the world. That miiight get her off your case for a while. Or maybe she'll get angry.

I'm sorry I don't have any good advice, but I can't think of anything useful other than "give her time". She sounds like she's still in denial. You can't converse with her.

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]
09-08-2013, 09:35 AM
(09-08-2013 09:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-08-2013 09:25 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  if only life was so simple.....

What's wrong with doing that? I've done it multiple times to family members. Drinking Beverage
Um then I wouldn't have anywhere to live? People don't hire blind girls who can't do math cuz they haven't learned their Braille. My friends sometimes let me stay for a week at a time but their in one bedroom places. Ya know, poor college kids? I'm effectively stuck here for three more years.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2013, 09:36 AM
(09-08-2013 09:35 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Um then I wouldn't have anywhere to live? People don't hire blind girls who can't do math cuz they haven't learned their Braille. My friends sometimes let me stay for a week at a time but their in one bedroom places. Ya know, poor college kids? I'm effectively stuck here for three more years.

How Christian of her to kick you out because you happen to be fed up with her annoying ass. No