The Paris Climate Accord / Trump's Exit (merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 12:08 PM
RE: The Paris Climate Accord / Trump's Exit (merged)
The US embassy in Berlin earlier today.
Brought to you by Greenpeace

[Image: 267528_1_fullwide_totalloser-so-sad-tota...el-soh.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Deesse23's post
02-06-2017, 12:25 PM
(02-06-2017 07:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  "White House claims President Trump’s views on climate change are "evolving", although they're currently at single-celled pond-life level."

"If you thought "grab 'em by the pussy" was bad, Trump just fucked every single one of us. #ParisClimateDeal"

[Image: DBQ2G9TXYAAXp5n.jpg]

[Image: donald-trump-youre-fried.jpg]

His views will *evolve* real fast when his stupid golf club home is submerged.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...77596.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Hahaha! Is that why he himself has already started turning into an amphibian?

[Image: hehe.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
02-06-2017, 12:37 PM
(02-06-2017 07:53 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 09:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think it was electrons they sent through the double slit.
Buckyballs are carbon (fullerene)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinknudson...77f9ac6f77

My nickname has always been Bucky.

They have also sent Bucky Balls good sir.

Quantum weirdness. 60 carbon atoms, interference pattern at the screen.

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news...-molecules
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

This is why I lean closer to Copenhagen.

Wow. I didn't know that. You are right. I assumed they were too big.
http://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog...2c39db8e7b

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-06-2017, 02:20 PM
(02-06-2017 11:58 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 11:38 AM)Mrhall1923 Wrote:  Is his thinking along the lines of correlation without causation? We been tracking CO2 levels in the atmosphere for quite awhile, the 1800s I think?

My question for him would be "if it's not humans, what's the cause?".

He thinks it might be part of the natural cycle. NOAA have been keeping records since the late 1800s. He thinks that's pretty recent. And if you factor in reliability, maybe even more recent. But he agrees there is no point in taking chances - in any case.

I wonder if he holds any value in the data we get from ice cores.
[+] 1 user Likes Mrhall1923's post
02-06-2017, 02:26 PM
As someone told Trump that "draining the swamp" meant reducing corruption and lobby influence in Washington, not threatening the already endangered wetlands of North America?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
02-06-2017, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 03:56 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(02-06-2017 11:58 AM)tomilay Wrote:  He thinks it might be part of the natural cycle.

Variations in the Earth's orbit (amplified by their effect on CO2 levels from plants) cause the cycle of glacial-interglacial periods, a complete cycle of which typically runs every 100,000 years or so (at least within the last million years). But we should be getting cooler within the next 1000 years, not warmer. That's where we presently are in the natural cycle, a cycle which has been going on for the last 2.5 million years.

An interesting aside: through our CO2 emissions we have now delayed the onset of the next ice age to somewhere between 120,000 and 500,000 years from now -- a silver lining of a sort.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
02-06-2017, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 04:43 PM by abaris.)
(02-06-2017 03:46 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  That's where we presently are in the natural cycle, a cycle which has been going on for the last 2.5 million years.

In a way it's a natural circle. Earth will shrug us off like a parasite as it did with so many species before and will continue to orbit the sun until the sun is dying. It's just hybris that our shortlived species, which only exists for some 100.000 years, if we're talking about homo sapiens (irony in this name already) should survive another stretch of 100.000, let alone rise up to the time dinos roamed the lands.

Edit: Just watched the speech by Donald Trump. He said, the foreign nations don't put America first. Well, what a surprise, Sherlock. The world doesn't orbit around 350 million people.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post
02-06-2017, 07:11 PM
(02-06-2017 04:35 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 03:46 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  That's where we presently are in the natural cycle, a cycle which has been going on for the last 2.5 million years.

In a way it's a natural circle. Earth will shrug us off like a parasite as it did with so many species before and will continue to orbit the sun until the sun is dying. It's just hybris that our shortlived species, which only exists for some 100.000 years, if we're talking about homo sapiens (irony in this name already) should survive another stretch of 100.000, let alone rise up to the time dinos roamed the lands.

Edit: Just watched the speech by Donald Trump. He said, the foreign nations don't put America first. Well, what a surprise, Sherlock. The world doesn't orbit around 350 million people.

Fake news; we've only been around about 6,000 years, as has the universe. The Bible tells me so.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
04-06-2017, 01:44 AM
Folks,

It seems now that Trump does believe in climate change and also that it is 'partly' driven by human activity. He still didn't sign the Paris agreement.

How perfectly Trumpian. Dodgy

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post