The Paris Climate Accord / Trump's Exit (merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: the Paris Climate Accord
(01-06-2017 06:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  To be fair, I think he's done better than I expected... we haven't actually cut diplomatic relations with other countries nor has he started a nuclear confrontation.

There's nothing more dangerous than a cornered wounded animal. If they really start homing in on him, based on the investigations, that's when things will start to be dangerous. Right now it's just twitter rants, but it's also that he sent a sizeable fleet to provoke North Korea. It may turn out to be even more dangerous with the Russians. If he's cornered based on his Russian ties, he might feel like showing some muscles against them. Which might well turn into a war.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2017, 07:49 AM
(01-06-2017 06:50 AM)unfogged Wrote:  To be fair, I think he's done better than I expected... we haven't actually cut diplomatic relations with other countries nor has he started a nuclear confrontation.

It isn't hard to do better than expected when expectations are that low.

He's so erratic that he sometimes does something right just by accident.
01-06-2017, 12:07 PM
(31-05-2017 05:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It makes no long-term difference what this fool does about the Paris Agreement. He can't possibly get re-elected, and anything he does faces reversal in 3.5 years. I suspect the leaders in Europe may know that.

I hope you're right, but he couldn't possibly get elected in the first place, and somehow he did. I wouldn't put anything past the idiots who put him in the White House (and this includes stupid Democrats who could have found a better candidate).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
01-06-2017, 12:14 PM
(01-06-2017 12:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 05:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It makes no long-term difference what this fool does about the Paris Agreement. He can't possibly get re-elected, and anything he does faces reversal in 3.5 years. I suspect the leaders in Europe may know that.

I hope you're right, but he couldn't possibly get elected in the first place, and somehow he did. I wouldn't put anything past the idiots who put him in the White House (and this includes stupid Democrats who could have found a better candidate).

I wouldn't assume anything about Trump, we assumed he wouldn't win the first time. The only way to insure he wont get a second term is to keep demanding the FBI and DOJ and State Department do their jobs, along with demanding every day all our local and state officials do their jobs. Along with contacting all local state and national media too.

But also make the GOP pay politically in 2018 and every day and every year from now on.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Lol, so we are exiting, but we are not exiting if the obstructionist democrats sit down with him to make the deal better. Otherwise we are exiting. Or, we are exiting but we are making a new deal altogether.

Man, I need to stop listening to these speeches if I want to keep my sanity.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-06-2017, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 02:08 PM by Cosmo.)
Trump is pulling out of the Paris agreement.
I'm literally watching it happen I work at the CBC in Canada and it just blew up the media bullpit. What a dipshit.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
01-06-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Trump just pulled out of the Paris agreement.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-paris...-1.4141647
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...imate-deal
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...68116.html

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
01-06-2017, 02:58 PM
RE: Trump is pulling out of the Paris agreement.
I posted this on another thread but California's governor, Jerry Brown, is planning on taking the state in the direction that agrees with the Paris Agreement.

"Gov. Jerry Brown told a crowd of business leaders that California must continue to lead the world on combating climate change whether President Donald Trump agrees or not

"I know the president calls it a hoax, but the rest of the world does not," said Brown. "It is creating change in the fundamental chemistry of life itself in our atmosphere."

http://www.kcra.com/article/gov-jerry-br...ck/9962667

The Mayor of New York City is pretty much said the same thing.

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) promised Wednesday that his city would uphold the Paris climate agreement even if President Trump moves forward with his campaign promise to withdraw from the accord.

In a series of tweets, de Blasio ripped Trump's reported decision to exit the deal as "horribly destructive" and called climate change "a dagger aimed straight at the heart of New York City."

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/335773-...ump-doesnt

There is a march this Saturday in protest to trump and the many shitty things he is doing....take your pick... across many cities in the US and I think it's spreading to other countries. I'm going. What a fucking asshole.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-06-2017, 02:59 PM
(01-06-2017 01:56 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I'm literally watching it happen. I work at the CBC in Canada and it just blew up the media bullpit. What a dipshit.

I had the TV on for a few minutes, but had to turn it off since it hurt my brain to listen to Trump speak. None of his rationalizations made any sense. He doesn't understand the science of climate change, the logic of the Paris agreement, or the potential for economic growth with renewables. Where there should have been a cost/benefit analysis, there was only a "U.S. against them" conspiracy theory.

Sad.

Sadcryface
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
01-06-2017, 03:06 PM
He and a bunch of other old & angry men are dragging this country down - and we are going down with it.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post