The Paris Climate Accord / Trump's Exit (merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: Trump is pulling out of the Paris agreement.
(01-06-2017 04:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  Just an aside... Is this boy not doing exactly what Putin would love? I mean, pissing off American allies, breaking agreements left right and centre. Europe is weak due to Brexit. America is weak due to Trump. Russia becomes dominant again... I think he's Putin's man bought and paid for.

Yep.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2017, 04:47 PM
(01-06-2017 02:59 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 01:56 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I'm literally watching it happen. I work at the CBC in Canada and it just blew up the media bullpit. What a dipshit.

I had the TV on for a few minutes, but had to turn it off since it hurt my brain to listen to Trump speak. None of his rationalizations made any sense. He doesn't understand the science of climate change, the logic of the Paris agreement, or the potential for economic growth with renewables. Where there should have been a cost/benefit analysis, there was only a "U.S. against them" conspiracy theory.

Sad.

Sadcryface

Exactly. The rationalization is something along the lines of "the world will not laugh at the US anymore".

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
01-06-2017, 04:50 PM
(01-06-2017 03:28 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Climatologist Michael Mann's Facebook statement:

"By withdrawing from the Paris Climate Agreement to double-down down on a coal & fossil fuel energy agenda, Trump has engaged in unilateral disarmament in the economic arms race that is the transition to clean energy.

"Other nations like China and the European Union now take the lead in global leadership, moral authority, and economic competitiveness.

"The challenge of averting dangerous and irreversible climate change and massive coastal inundation, devastating floods and droughts, is that much more an uphill climb with Trump's pullout from the Paris agreement.

"Trump's pullout from Paris is bad for jobs. There are only about 70,000 coal jobs left in the U.S. and they are diminishing rapidly. Meanwhile, jobs in clean energy are nearing a million and growing rapidly.

"So Trump's actions are bad for jobs, bad for U.S. global competitiveness, and bad for the planet."

Yep. For a President ostensibly concerned with creating jobs, he seems to be doing his best to revive the buggy industry in the face of competition from Ford Motor Company.
01-06-2017, 04:58 PM
[Image: 650x366]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-06-2017, 05:25 PM
(01-06-2017 03:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  Towards the beginning of the speech, he said that "if the obstructionist democrats want to sit down with him and hammer out some changes, we can stay in. Or, we can just hammer out changes. Or, we can leave and start something new."

This part seems to be getting lost... he's going to blame the dems for it all when it goes wrong, because they obstructed and would not sit down with him.

If he can unilaterally leave or join the accord, the only obstructionist is him. He's supposed to be the great negotiator; nothing to stop him hammering away on his own...Oops, wait: that would mean he'd have to do some actual work. Never mind.

We're all fucked. Angry
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
01-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Let me know when he pulls out of Ivanka.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
01-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Donald Trump is no longer an embarrassment to the USA. He is an embarrassment to humanity.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like izel's post
01-06-2017, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 06:27 PM by Cosmo.)
I just think it's amazing that the leader of the free world is scientifically ignorant, and rather than recognizing that and developing a team of advisors, he makes decisions out of ignorance,

It's reprehensible bullshit. The guy is a fucking moron.

Pardon my French.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
01-06-2017, 06:23 PM
I'm on my phone responding, but for the sake of humanity and the world, I hope you're right Bucky.

Did you name yourself after the double slit where they sent Bucky balls through it and still observed wave-particle duality?

I have been curious ever since I saw your username.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
01-06-2017, 06:24 PM
(01-06-2017 04:47 PM)tomilay Wrote:  "the world will not laugh at the US anymore".

(01-06-2017 06:21 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  the leader of the free world

This, this is why the world won't stop laughing at you.

Who appointed you leader of anything? Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post