The Paris Climate Accord / Trump's Exit (merged)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 04:49 AM
RE: Trump is pulling out of the Paris agreement.
(01-06-2017 06:21 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I just think it's amazing that the leader of the free world is scientifically ignorant, and rather than recognizing that and developing a team of advisors, he makes decisions out of ignorance,

[Image: bertrand-russell-quote-fools-wise-men-quote.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
02-06-2017, 05:38 AM
RE: the Paris Climate Accord
"The UN World Meteorological Organisation said on Friday that, in the worst scenario, the US pull out could add 0.3C to global temperatures by the end of the century."

Trump characterised the Paris agreement as a deal that aimed to hobble, disadvantage and impoverish the US.

He claimed it would cost the US $3tn (£2.3tn) in lost GDP and 6.5 million jobs - while rival economies like China and India were treated more favourably.

source : Dismay as Trump pulls out of Paris deal

In the same article, in a video two students aged 16, from Hazelton, PA one against and one DJT supporter discuss the move. while the one against classifies the move as "narrow-minded" the DJT supporter states that "climate change is real but it is not a major issue to worry about right now"

Oh no. He's here - God
[+] 1 user Likes Cypher44's post
02-06-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: Trump is pulling out of the Paris agreement.
BREAKING NEWS

June 2nd 2018

A year to the day that D. Trump declared unilaterally that the USA would be pulling out of the Paris Climate Accord, the budget has been found for 'Trump's wall'.

All the other nations on the planet have chipped in for an unprecedented 'ring-fence' project. There will be three ... around Syria, Nicaragua and the inner part of the USA, along the southern border of Canada, the northern border of Mexico, the western border of New York State and the eastern borders of California, Oregon and Washington.

"Mais", said France's Macron, "ce sera un dôme". Access to the US will be via the West Coast states and New York, added UK's Prime Minister Corbyn "who are the only people worth keeping alive" he said.

The Domes will be designed to contain their own climate but more importantly isolate those within from affecting the climate without.

The Syrian government welcomed the plan as it will keep out "external forces that wish to harm the regime and will mean that no one will notice what we are doing to our own people" a spokesman said.

President Pence, only a month in office, said he too welcomed the plan as "the biblical firmament I've always dreamed of."

The contract for building the domes has been awarded to China.

Blink

And Threads Merged.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
02-06-2017, 06:27 AM
RE: The Paris Climate Accord / Trump's Exit (merged)
(01-06-2017 03:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  This train has already left the station. Trump getting off, will have no long term effect on climate change. They can't really pull out of this until November 2020. By then, a new pres will have been elected. It's the last gasp of a dying breed of stupid old men. Fossil fuels are more expensive now than cheaper, cleaner alternatives. Coal is never coming back, no matter what Dumpy says or does. Societal pressure on companies to be 'green" does not all of a sudden stop, because some stupid old men wave their tiny wands with their tiny hands. This too shall pass.

Yes and no. Trump has been undermining Obama's clean energy plans, which were our way to meet our commitment to the Paris Climate Accord.

On the other hand, as you point out, so many of the leaders of big states, cities, and industries in the U.S. say they will stick with their own commitments to the Accord that Trump's impact will be largely mitigated.

Nevertheless, the whole episode is a major embarrassment for the U.S. and still has the potential to do great damage to our long-term interests as other countries decide how to deal with us.
02-06-2017, 06:50 AM
(31-05-2017 05:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It makes no long-term difference what this fool does about the Paris Agreement. He can't possibly get re-elected, and anything he does faces reversal in 3.5 years. I suspect the leaders in Europe may know that.

Famous last words Mr B, I remember folks here saying something very similar about him getting elected in the first place. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
02-06-2017, 07:13 AM
(02-06-2017 06:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 05:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It makes no long-term difference what this fool does about the Paris Agreement. He can't possibly get re-elected, and anything he does faces reversal in 3.5 years. I suspect the leaders in Europe may know that.

Famous last words Mr B, I remember folks here saying something very similar about him getting elected in the first place. Big Grin

The sane did underestimate President Covfefe. I am hoping however there is still enough pressure being put on intel to protect the constitution and not the man. But we still regardless need to raise our voices everywhere every day as much as possible and not take anything for granted.

I have never seen in my history of paying attention to politics one man display such selfish egotistical narcissism and impetuous behavior.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2017, 07:30 AM
(02-06-2017 07:13 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  ...
I have never seen in my history of paying attention to politics one man display such selfish egotistical narcissism and impetuous behavior.

How about the King of Scotland?

[Image: quote-there-is-freedom-of-speech-but-i-c...-86-39.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
02-06-2017, 07:41 AM
(02-06-2017 07:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  How about the King of Scotland?

[Image: quote-there-is-freedom-of-speech-but-i-c...-86-39.jpg]

False equivalence.

Once's a petty dictator, quite likely mentally ill, with delusions of grandeur and a massively-inflated sense of self-importance.

The other is Idi Amin.
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
02-06-2017, 07:50 AM
"White House claims President Trump’s views on climate change are "evolving", although they're currently at single-celled pond-life level."

"If you thought "grab 'em by the pussy" was bad, Trump just fucked every single one of us. #ParisClimateDeal"

[Image: DBQ2G9TXYAAXp5n.jpg]

[Image: donald-trump-youre-fried.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
02-06-2017, 07:53 AM
(01-06-2017 09:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:23 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I'm on my phone responding, but for the sake of humanity and the world, I hope you're right Bucky.

Did you name yourself after the double slit where they sent Bucky balls through it and still observed wave-particle duality?

I have been curious ever since I saw your username.

I think it was electrons they sent through the double slit.
Buckyballs are carbon (fullerene)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinknudson...77f9ac6f77

My nickname has always been Bucky.

They have also sent Bucky Balls good sir.

Quantum weirdness. 60 carbon atoms, interference pattern at the screen.

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news...-molecules
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

This is why I lean closer to Copenhagen.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post