The Pastor Is Right Outside My Door...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2011, 05:58 AM
RE: The Pastor Is Right Outside My Door...
(18-08-2011 07:31 PM)lucradis Wrote:  They have bible study once a week that is often held at their house, and they have nightly personal bible study with just the two parents and my wife's youngest sister.

If you feel up to it, you could get back at them on this. Propose to join their nightly Bible study but under two conditions:
1) You'll study the Bible cover to cover. No skipping, no cherry-picking.
2) When discussing a certain passage of text, arguments may reference only text between front cover and the passage in question. No spoilers! Big Grin

When you're in the study, don't argue too hard. Instead, try to ask them questions which make them take off their "god glasses". For example when you're discussing some massacre ordered by god, ask them what they would think about a mere human who would order the same thing.

Also try to keep as much context as possible. When you stop in the middle of a story one day, either give a quick recap or ask for one before you start the study next day.

It's going to be hard but if you can pull it off, it might even solve some of your problems. Don't forget, don't try to argue, just make them read it without "god glasses" on by asking the right questions.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2011, 02:30 AM
RE: The Pastor Is Right Outside My Door...
This is not such a bad idea, but would have to have the balls of Chuck Norris and the calmness of Luke Skywalker to endure this event without beating all of them like Bud Spencer.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply