The Path Of Total Asshattery....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2017, 10:52 AM
RE: The Path Of Total Asshattery....
Well, they are sure trying to clean him up. I am thinking either the generals took control, or the republicans did, or they did it together. He is cooperating - hence the remark from Bannon that the president they (the Breitbart followers) elected was no more. He has been pulled back, and I am sure both the generals and the republicans have something on him.

Worked for his speech yesterday, all hugs and roses. We'll see what happens today at his rally in Arizona (where he is not welcome).

I don't think he can be made to tow the line in the long run - he will have outbursts of rage and also the sly little boy will play them all a prank. Or 10. Or he will long for his resorts and quit. He has depleted his travel budget now, together with his family who has been travelling under protection all over the world.

I am quite sure there will be republicans running against him if he doesn't quit this term.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-08-2017, 10:59 AM
(22-08-2017 10:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am quite sure there will be republicans running against him if he doesn't quit this term.

Yes, I would very much doubt Trump could win a second nomination after reversing on so many promises to his base.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
22-08-2017, 11:05 AM
(22-08-2017 10:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, they are sure trying to clean him up. I am thinking either the generals took control, or the republicans did, or they did it together. He is cooperating - hence the remark from Bannon that the president they (the Breitbart followers) elected was no more. He has been pulled back, and I am sure both the generals and the republicans have something on him.

Worked for his speech yesterday, all hugs and roses. We'll see what happens today at his rally in Arizona (where he is not welcome).

I don't think he can be made to tow the line in the long run - he will have outbursts of rage and also the sly little boy will play them all a prank. Or 10. Or he will long for his resorts and quit. He has depleted his travel budget now, together with his family who has been travelling under protection all over the world.

I am quite sure there will be republicans running against him if he doesn't quit this term.

Oh, and that long meeting between him and Pence and the Generals at Camp David last week (he doesn't like Camp David, he likely was pressured to go) sure smells of intervention. A new Trump emerged.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-08-2017, 11:09 AM
(22-08-2017 11:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, and that long meeting between him and Pence and the Generals at Camp David last week (he doesn't like Camp David, he likely was pressured to go) sure smells of intervention. A new Trump emerged.

If someone could succeed in taking away Trump's Twitter access, that alone would improve his presidency by 50%.

And it's practically a no-brainer (if it weren't for Trump himself).
[+] 6 users Like Thoreauvian's post